My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura 24 hrs in - not looking good

(33 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I tried a reboot of the Aura in order to see if it would reconnect via the Ethernet connection. Surprise surprise it reverted to no Internet connection. It wouldn't reconnect just by unplugging the Ethernet cable and plugging it back in. I then tried the minimal reset option which then reconnected the Ethernet. Following this I tried another reboot and again reconnection failed. I then resorted to the nuclear option and carried out a full reset. This time Ethernet connected and for the first time it now says connected by Ethernet in settings. I had to leave it at that point as I had to go out. I will try another reboot later and provide an update.

| Tue 2 Feb 2021 14:31:08 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Ok, update. Switched the Aura into ordinary standby before going out. Switched it on when I came home and the Ethernet connection failed again. Spoken with retailer who has agreed there is definitely something not right with this unit and is arranging swap out. Pretty disappointing experience thus far. Let's hope the replacement is better.

| Tue 2 Feb 2021 20:35:29 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

More positive. New Aura replacement delivered, initial impression is more positive. Aura connected to Ethernet connection without any hiccups and following three reboots and three standby shutdowns the Ethernet has remained rock solid. The original one failed when attempting any of the above. No idea what the fault was with the original but I think this demonstrates there clearly was a fault. The Aura seems to be one of Humax's best efforts to date. Obviously I will monitor the device closely for the next few days to make sure that there are no further issues with the Ethernet.

| Fri 5 Feb 2021 13:57:36 #33 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.