My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura 4K Android 2tb

(28 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

Humax just isn't interested.
    So I don't think I'll bother.
    They have gone from an excellent company, to a pathetic company.
    For me to say that, they must be bad.

| Sat 22 Jun 2024 18:43:23 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

No further response from Humax yet. Today channels are giving the correct program info but a scheduled recording on Ch4 has again failed. It showed in the schedule list before due then vanished when it should have started, TV guide shows that it is recording and pressing info gives Watch now, Play recording and Stop recording. Pressing play recording does nothing but stop recording removes the red recording symbol from the TV list.

| Sun 23 Jun 2024 14:15:16 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

kr002

special member

trog - 2 hours ago  » 
    No further response from Humax yet. Today channels are giving the correct program info but a scheduled recording on Ch4 has again failed. It showed in the schedule list before due then vanished when it should have started, TV guide shows that it is recording and pressing info gives Watch now, Play recording and Stop recording. Pressing play recording does nothing but stop recording removes the red recording symbol from the TV list.

Try this - Delete scheduled recordings - reboot - scan channels again - reboot - schedule recordings again

| Sun 23 Jun 2024 16:25:06 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

@kr002 Too much set to record today on the working channels and a bit busy but will give it a try in the next day or two and let you know though I do not hold out much hope, any suggestions that do not include losing all my recordings are worth a go. thanks. At least the channels that have affected me so far have all been on catch up
    thankfully.

| Sun 23 Jun 2024 16:55:28 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

I received another email from Humax now suggesting i do a factory reset then wipe the HDD. I replied with this...............

"Thank you for your reply but I have no intention of taking such drastic action, I have too much content on my Aura that I am not willing to lose. As the problem seems to be affecting PSB2 channels just like the previous blanking out issue that was eventually cured by an update from Humax I will suffer the issue for now in the hope of a similar result in the future. In the early days of that previous issue people were also advised by Humax to perform a factory reset and format their HDD which achieved nothing. If a more suitable fix does not appear and the issue becomes too much to bear I might even consider giving up on the Aura and it's instability and invest in a more stable PVR such as the Manhattan T4-R. It would be a shame as I have been a loyal Humax fan since buying my first 9200T pvr but no previous product has come close to being as unstable as an Aura."

@kr002 I will try your and another persons suggestions on Wednesday and report back here.

| Mon 24 Jun 2024 11:47:47 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

Yes your on the same band wagon.
    There will be at least 2 more factory resets yet.
    Also, if you state that its not fit for purpose .Then you just may start to get a refund.
    Good luck, you'll need it.

| Mon 24 Jun 2024 12:07:15 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

Wonders never cease. The following taken from my posts on the other site.

Today at 4:24 PM

Oddly a test scheduled recording on CH5 has recorded correctly today where as Ch5 was duff before and only Ch5+1 was ok. I just set up recordings on Ch4 C4HD and Ch4+1 all show as set on TV guide but none show on schedule. ITV1 , HD and +1 same result as 4

20 minutes ago

I just pulled out the power cable from my Aura and plugged in again, all 3 ITV scheduled shows that failed to show in schedule or start recording then showed in the list and started to record. Also a schedule for a CH4 show that starts in 17 mins is now showing in the schedule, lets see if it records.

A moment ago

Scheduled shows on Ch4 and Ch4+1 have started to record and show in the recordings list. Miracles do exist.

| Mon 24 Jun 2024 18:08:58 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

@kr002

2 days later and everything is working as it should so there was no need to try your
    suggestion. Not sure but I think the channel scan I performed at Humax's advice may have achieved something but unlike your's they did not mention a reboot after the scan and it needed that power off to take affect. Maybe someone else with the same issue can confirm this.

| Wed 26 Jun 2024 11:16:28 #28 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.