Aura 4K Android 2tb

(28 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Arthur.m

With BBC etc, yes we get the notification, but not on ITV etc

| Sat 15 Jun 2024 15:43:32 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Arthur.m

With the ITV etc channels, in the top corner it's says SHOP ON TV.
    ON ITV3 right now is endeavor, if I press the information button it says AGATHA CHRISTIE'S POIROT

| Sat 15 Jun 2024 16:06:27 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

Very strange that it is able to record certain channels and not others.
    Of the channels that it does not record what is the signal like for those, if the signal is too low then the Aura may be deciding it is not worth recording.

I think a manual tune is perhaps the next thing to try.
    First you will need to do a Freeview Reset.
    First got to Settings> Backup Preferences, this will backup your preferences favourite channels and recording schedule.
    Now go to Freeview Reset, this will wipe the stored channels.

To make sure you are tuned in to the nearest transmitter or the best with line of sight to your aerial you can perform manual search using the multiplex numbers for that transmitter only.

To find out which transmitters are broadcasting in your area click on the link below and enter your postcode and house number.

https://www.freeview.co.uk/corporate/detailed-transmitter-information

On the next page you will see a table titled Digital Transmitters.
    This shows you the transmitters broadcasting in your area with the 'most likely' on top.
    If you have good line of sight to that ‘most likely’ transmitter then use that one or if not select one of the others which you have line of sight to.
    Once you have selected which transmitter you want to tune to make a note of the multiplex (mux) numbers the transmitter is broadcasting on.
    The mux numbers are under the white N in the black circle.
    Pay special attention to the mux number under BBC B, this is the mux that carries all the HD channels/ programmes.
    Now you have noted the mux numbers and the HD mux number you are ready to manually tune your Humax.

Go to Manual Search.
    Tune the SD (standard definition) channels. first.
    Enter the first of the mux numbers, make sure Transmission is set to DVB-T.
    Press Search.
    When done press Save.
    Do this for all the SD muxes.
    For the HD channels enter the mux number but change Transmission to DVB-T2.
    Press Search and when done press Save.

Having done that you can then go back into Freeview Play Preferences and Import User Preferences.
    This will import the settings you backed up earlier and your recording schedule.

| Sat 15 Jun 2024 16:18:32 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

Arthur.m - 13 mins ago  » 
    With the ITV etc channels, in the top corner it's says SHOP ON TV.
    ON ITV3 right now is endeavor, if I press the information button it says AGATHA CHRISTIE'S POIROT

Thats very odd I would need to see a picture of that.

| Sat 15 Jun 2024 16:20:47 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Arthur.m

With BBC etc, yes we get the notification, but not on ITV etc

| Sat 15 Jun 2024 19:58:12 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Arthur.m

This morning, allinformation on the screen is as it should be, but it still won't record programs from any ITV or C4 for channels.

| Sun 16 Jun 2024 11:07:33 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

Had a similar issue today. A series record for a channel 5 show failed to record even though it showed as recording on the TV guide, I set a series record for the same show on 5+1 and that recorded fine. Tonight a series record for a Channel 4 show also failed to record though showed as recording on the TV guide and pressing stop even asked if I wanted to stop recording it ( not sure of light colour as I was recording other things at the time) so I once again set it to series record the 4+1 of the show but that failed too but pressing the record button worked. I am wondering if they did actually record but just failed to show on the recordings list.
    Edit also when switching to a channel most channels are now showing the wrong program in the top right of the screen.

I just scheduled a recording for something on DMax as that was one of the channels that showed the correct program info and that has started to record correctly.

| Thu 20 Jun 2024 23:23:15 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

Unplugged the Aura overnight and plugged in today issue still there, Channel 4, 4HDand 4+1 should all say Frasier is on but say Murder in the Alps however when I go back and forth through channels with the channel key and back again they say Frasier only to give the false description when repeated. I set a scheduled recording for Channel 4 Frasier and it shows it recording in the TV guide but light remains blue and there was no listing in the recording schedule for it being set. I scheduled the recording when Channel was giving the correct program info.

I had a reply from Humax on the issue and they suggested a fresh channel search may fix the issue and if not give them a signal test result. Scan made no difference at all and I am getting 90% strength 100% quality. It is affecting a lot of channels ITV;s 5's, 4's and others but BBC is ok and manual recording is fine on all channels.

| Fri 21 Jun 2024 11:58:20 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

Here we go again. Yet another System problem with the Aura. Do yourself a Favour.
    Ditch the Aura. change to a different make. Like the Manhattan T4R.It, or the Panasonic.
    Obviously , Humax have given up on it.(take the Hint).I'm still using the 5000t.
    I've tried to upgrade to the Aura 4 times now, each time I've had to return it as unfit for purpose.
    So when the 500t packs up I'm off to another make. as they no longer make anything other than the aura,( and even that can't be purchased from Humax Direct.
    Since Humax is the only company that produces a box with 3 tuners, it seems that's the problem.as in particular A lot of the time you have to totally mess around with your Freeview aerials, as the signal is too strong, or too weak causing Pixelation. When everything else on the same arial works perfectly well.
    I've even had a local company come in to try an attenuator. but even the arial rigger said that the problems are all within the Humax box.
    Even on the phone after jumping through every hoop that Humax wanted me to try.
    The last words they said was. "we don't know what's causing all the problems that we are having with it". Finally, I've just purchased one of the new Manhattan T4R's 2 tb recorder, which comes with a 2 year Guarantee, and in home support.
    I've really hit it for six, on the recording, & playback Quality.
    The result is 100 percent perfection, every time. Even though it only has 2 tuners,
    Since having it, it has already done 2 online updates resulting in every app on Freeview now on board.
    So, that's it I'm off goodbye Humax, you used to be a market leader, but you have destroyed your own market bye producing boxes that weren't designed, and tested before releasing them. I'm off as well.
    I can live with a box that only has 2 tuners. However is smaller than the Aura.
    Cheaper, but is in another league .

| Sat 22 Jun 2024 9:20:41 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

kr002

special member

john1 - 9 hours ago  » 
    Here we go again. Yet another System problem with the Aura. Do yourself a Favour.
    Ditch the Aura. change to a different make. Like the Manhattan T4R.It, or the Panasonic.
    Obviously , Humax have given up on it.(take the Hint).I'm still using the 5000t.
    I've tried to upgrade to the Aura 4 times now, each time I've had to return it as unfit for purpose.
    So when the 500t packs up I'm off to another make. as they no longer make anything other than the aura,( and even that can't be purchased from Humax Direct.
    Since Humax is the only company that produces a box with 3 tuners, it seems that's the problem.as in particular A lot of the time you have to totally mess around with your Freeview aerials, as the signal is too strong, or too weak causing Pixelation. When everything else on the same arial works perfectly well.
    I've even had a local company come in to try an attenuator. but even the arial rigger said that the problems are all within the Humax box.
    Even on the phone after jumping through every hoop that Humax wanted me to try.
    The last words they said was. "we don't know what's causing all the problems that we are having with it". Finally, I've just purchased one of the new Manhattan T4R's 2 tb recorder, which comes with a 2 year Guarantee, and in home support.
    I've really hit it for six, on the recording, & playback Quality.
    The result is 100 percent perfection, every time. Even though it only has 2 tuners,
    Since having it, it has already done 2 online updates resulting in every app on Freeview now on board.
    So, that's it I'm off goodbye Humax, you used to be a market leader, but you have destroyed your own market bye producing boxes that weren't designed, and tested before releasing them. I'm off as well.
    I can live with a box that only has 2 tuners. However is smaller than the Aura.
    Cheaper, but is in another league .

Send this to humax support and company CEO they might WAKE UP - but i doubt it!!!

| Sat 22 Jun 2024 18:31:02 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.