My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura and Sonos.

(50 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wheelmon

My sincere apologies Mars (and to anyone else reading my post).
    Coincidentally I have an eyesight check up on the 19th May ! !

| Sat 8 May 2021 18:55:23 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wheelmon

Tommy1976 - 3 mnths ago  » 
    I was wondering if anyone could help, I have a Sonos beam with two ones as surrounds, before I had the aura I had the 5000T, the sound came out of all speakers, this showed as Dolby 2.0 in the Sonos app, now the app always shows as 5.1 through the Aura, even though the programme isn’t in 5.1, it now only comes out of the sound bar unless it’s a 5.1 programme which isn’t very often as most are in stereo, I’ve had a mess about but can’t get it to work, thanks for any help you are to give.

Hi Tommy1976
    For the proposed solution to problem, see posts numbered #36, #51, and #54 in Topic: "Aura Beta Firmware dated 11:05:21".

| Wed 19 May 2021 8:19:55 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tommy1976

Hello Wheelmon, thanks for your message, yes all sorted now, I was on the previous beta which had the fix, but also, it was part my fault as one of my hdmi ports on tv was faulty. Hope you’re all sorted now.

| Wed 19 May 2021 9:13:13 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wheelmon

I had suspicions about my TV at one stage but the firmware beta has sorted everything anyway.
    Nevertheless I've got a new TV arriving on Friday which will bring me up to speed! Cheers.

| Wed 19 May 2021 10:19:27 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

williamnorthiam

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am considering buying an Aura, but am concerned that there are issues with surround sound. I have a Samsung TV, Sonos Beam with 2 Play 1 speakers set up as surround sound. It works perfectly with a BT 4k UHD box.
    BUT I tried the new BT Pro box, which I believe is made by Humax and despite Sonos technical support and my best efforts, it was. not possible to get it to work in the same way as the previous box.
    All channels were Dolby 5.1 according to the Sonos app and there was no sound from the Play 1 speakers. When the programme or movie was actually broadcast in 5.1 the system worked ok.
    Any advice would really be appreciated.

| Fri 28 Jan 2022 12:09:56 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tommy1976

Hi William, that was exact same problem in the beginning with the Aura, it’s all fixed now and works flawlessly.

| Fri 28 Jan 2022 12:19:18 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

williamnorthiam

Thanks Tommy, really appreciate the quick and positive reply. Regards, Will

| Fri 28 Jan 2022 12:22:11 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tommy1976

You’re welcome Will, any problems with the sound, if you get the Aura just get in touch.

| Fri 28 Jan 2022 12:34:34 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

williamnorthiam

Hi Tommy, may I take u p your offer of more help?
    I have bought the Aura and have it set up with HDMI Arc and Beam with 2 Play 1 speakers. I am getting Dolby digital 5.1 right now on BBC 1 HD (The Green Planet). On other programmes on BBC 1 and on other channels I get PCM stereo. What puzzles me is that using my BT TV box I get Dolby Digital 2.0 on all terrestrial channels, other than when they are broadcasting 5.1. Is there a way that I can get Dolby Digital 2.0 and 5.1 using Aura or does it always default to PCM Stereo?

| Sun 30 Jan 2022 17:15:57 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tommy1976

Hi Will, yes that’s what mine does, it’s basically the same, in fact pcm is better as Dolby digital is compressed.

| Sun 30 Jan 2022 17:31:18 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.