(85 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

barrados - 15 mins ago  » 

phlppip - 16 mins ago  » 

barrados - 7 mins ago  » 

phlppip - 18 mins ago  » 
    I do not appear to have received the update, I did PM you asking to be included in the firmware testing.

Have you tried to manually update it,, >>>> Check for the update via Settings, Device Preferences, About, System update.

Yep, first thing I tried.

OK, maybe your serial number got missed off on the list, I'm sure Barry will get it checked for you if you drop him a pm with your serial number

Already in hand

Edit: Sorted.

| Thu 13 May 2021 8:03:26 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

caryh

peterobb - 1 hour ago  » 
    The menu focus colour change is great - much easier to see what’s going on. It’s not available on all of the sub menus though (e.g Device preferences - Homescreen).

I've noticed this.

All are in the new colour until it misses Home Screen, Google Assistant, Chromecast Built in ( which are consecutive menu items) then works correctly until showing Usage & diagnositics in the old grey again, then works again for Accessibility, before showing the old colour again on the reset page.

| Thu 13 May 2021 8:38:47 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

caryh

caryh - 1 min ago  » 

peterobb - 1 hour ago  » 
    The menu focus colour change is great - much easier to see what’s going on. It’s not available on all of the sub menus though (e.g Device preferences - Homescreen).

I've noticed this.
    All are in the new colour until it misses Home Screen, Google Assistant, Chromecast Built in ( which are consecutive menu items) then works correctly until showing Usage & diagnositics in the old grey again, then works again for Accessibility, before showing the old colour again on the reset page.

Apps> App Permssions also shows the old colour

| Thu 13 May 2021 8:43:35 #13 |
  4. barrados

barrados

caryh - 5 mins ago  » 

peterobb - 1 hour ago  » 
    The menu focus colour change is great - much easier to see what’s going on. It’s not available on all of the sub menus

though (e.g Device preferences - Homescreen).

I've noticed this.

Yep, mines exactly the same.

| Thu 13 May 2021 8:45:02 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jamz2003

I received the firmware update last night, and checked BBC iPlayer, which had suffered bad video juddering. It's now working perfectly. Tried fast forwarding, checking other programmes and it's now working well

Previously, recordings and live TV at times (Noticed on BBC1 Scotland) was slightly juddering on video. This now seems to have stopped, and movement is more fluid.

The general speed of the whole interface is much faster, and moving between e.g., Apps to Live TV and vice versa is also much faster, virtually instant, as if the processor is working more efficiently.

| Thu 13 May 2021 9:34:43 #15 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Re comments about focus colour change.

Humax do not have control of some Apps - some settings are from those external Apps and cannot currently be changed.

| Thu 13 May 2021 9:39:36 #16 |
  7. DarrenHill

DarrenHill

Updated successfully too.

First time after reboot, when going into the home screen with the picture-in-picture active, it was having problems with the smaller live TV picture (kept rapidly resizing it between the full small box and one with a white border frame between the box edge and the image edge).

Went into the menus though and came back to the top level home page again and the PIP was then at the correct and stable full size of its little box.

| Thu 13 May 2021 9:56:00 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

I must agree the menu does look much better and clearer. With regards to audio output I have a sony soundbar and subwoofer, I'm wondering what is the best output option to use as it is not clear.

Also after retuning I no longer have Quest HD anyone else find this or this is just me?

| Thu 13 May 2021 10:53:23 #18 |
  9. barrados

barrados

Since update, I've noticed that when playing certain video files on kodi, my LG TV is detecting (hdr content) HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color, and prompting me to restart the tv. But on restart the picture is flickering, and flashing.
    I have an identical setup connected to the TV and is working fine

| Thu 13 May 2021 13:06:32 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

When on the home page or guide when I press a button to move to a different part of the screen eg different Chanel on the guide the screen flickers each time, this is now very annoying.

| Thu 13 May 2021 17:26:44 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.