My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Beta Firmware dated 11.05.21

(85 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ariharry

Audio passthrough works well under Plex, a welcome fix!.

I can’t for some reason perform an automatic channel search.

It asks for the password, I type 0000, then goes back to the menu.

I also tried disabling ‘pin on lock channel settings’, typed 0000, but goes back to the menu without disabling pin on lock channel settings.

Change password does the same thing.

I think something is broken.

| Thu 13 May 2021 21:00:58 #21 |
  2. Fixdit

Fixdit

Installed with no problems. Menu highlight colour nice feature. Audio pass through changes apprear to work well on my my limited testing. The only negative change appears to be the longer blanking of live video on channel change (the information overlay appears quickly).

| Thu 13 May 2021 23:13:37 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

phlppip - 13 hours ago  » 
    When on the home page or guide when I press a button to move to a different part of the screen eg different Chanel on the guide the screen flickers each time, this is now very annoying.

I'm guessing that no one else had this issue then, however it appears that this morning after the box has been in deep standby overnight it has rectified itself and no longer flashes all very odd.

| Fri 14 May 2021 7:58:45 #23 |
  4. Mars

Mars

special member

I switched off Red LED in Deep Standby, which is set from 11:30 to 7:30, but this morning at 7:10 the red led was on. Switched the Aura on (it was in deep standby) and checked the setting. Then, I put the box back into deep standby and the red led went off after a minute or two.
    Some improvements seem to have been made for DVB-T2, but I have always found these channels to be robust and have more issues with DVB-T channels where signal quality varies wildly at times (although it is usually 100%). This seems to be quite a common issue and is not solved by a variable attenuator so ignore the snakeoil salesmen.
    Regarding choosing a region after automatic retunes, I still have channels in the 800s.

| Fri 14 May 2021 8:19:33 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

Mars - 10 mins ago  » 
    I switched off Red LED in Deep Standby, which is set from 11:30 to 7:30, but this morning at 7:10 the red led was on. Switched the Aura on (it was in deep standby) and checked the setting. Then, I put the box back into deep standby and the red led went off after a minute or two.
    Some improvements seem to have been made for DVB-T2, but I have always found these channels to be robust and have more issues with DVB-T channels where signal quality varies wildly at times (although it is usually 100%). This seems to be quite a common issue and is not solved by a variable attenuator so ignore the snakeoil salesmen.
    Regarding choosing a region after automatic retunes, I still have channels in the 800s.

I have re-tuned twice bit have not had the option to select region which is a shame as I'm in Cambs however for local ITV news I get Meridian covering Kent and Sussex for some odd reason

| Fri 14 May 2021 8:30:40 #25 |
  6. barrados

barrados

Nothing major, but in play next, the text reading, directly add programmes by long pressing centre button on your remote, should read, "directly remove, instead of add" unless I'm missing something.

Attachments

1. 20210514_092046.jpg (870.2 KB, 3 downloads) 2 years old
    | Fri 14 May 2021 9:47:28 #26 |
  7. Mars

Mars

special member

phlppip - 1 hour ago  » 

Mars - 10 mins ago  » 

I have re-tuned twice bit have not had the option to select region which is a shame as I'm in Cambs however for local ITV news I get Meridian covering Kent and Sussex for some odd reason

Are you receiving channels from two transmitters (channels in the 800s)?

| Fri 14 May 2021 9:50:13 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

Mars - 4 mins ago  » 

phlppip - 1 hour ago  » 

Mars - 10 mins ago  » 

Are you receiving channels from two transmitters (channels in the 800s)?

I am on my 4000T box but not on the aura no. I get my signal from Sand Heath transmitter in Beds.

| Fri 14 May 2021 9:54:58 #28 |
  9. The Moog

The Moog

Update received fine and installed, the menu changes are nice and appreciated, as is the inclusion of proper audio passthrough for Plex.

Initial testing of local playback through Plex seems to be variable; some 4k HDR Atmos content plays perfectly, other 4k and 1080P TrueHD content won't play at all and I just get a black screen until I exit back to the menu.

| Fri 14 May 2021 16:40:09 #29 |
  10. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Updated yesterday all OK. Watched 4 HD programmes recorded since the update and all were fine apart from Neighbours on 5HD today (lunchtime) which had a single brief pixilation issue.

Signal strength is constant 89% with 100% quality. Ethernet is currently hardwired LAN to test ethernet updates.

Image capture attached with extracted video clip.

Let me know if you need any additional information or files for diagnostic purposes.

Video won't upload for some reason? Can be downloaded from here: Google Drive

Attachments

1. Aura_Pixilation_2021-05-14.png (597.9 KB, 3 downloads) 2 years old
    | Sat 15 May 2021 0:05:38 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.