My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Beta Firmware dated 27.05.21

(48 posts)
  1. Fixdit

Fixdit

I have slight problem with deep standby, It is set to be in deep standby from 2.00am until 5.00pm ready for recordings. Some days it works correctly powers up, records then goes to normal standby. I have noticed some days when I am in early that the Aura is displaying a blue light, and is fully on. No recordings have been set, checked schedule to confirm. There are no old expired series still in the schedule. Going to device preferences/about/status gives the uptime so I can workout the switch on time for the box to see if there is a program/series I might have recorded in the past. the up time ranges from 13 mins to 13 hours. Any Idea's

| Sat 12 Jun 2021 16:22:47 #41 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Bjwgorman - 1 day ago  » 
    Now my recordings are changing the view from thumbnail to list on its own.

Look at the top of the screen. Pressing a right and left key switches from icons to list. Personally I would scrap the icon view it's pretty useless.

Done this loads po times.

| Sat 12 Jun 2021 20:50:55 #42 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Fixdit - 4 hours ago  » 
    I have slight problem with deep standby, It is set to be in deep standby from 2.00am until 5.00pm ready for recordings. Some days it works correctly powers up, records then goes to normal standby. I have noticed some days when I am in early that the Aura is displaying a blue light, and is fully on. No recordings have been set, checked schedule to confirm. There are no old expired series still in the schedule. Going to device preferences/about/status gives the uptime so I can workout the switch on time for the box to see if there is a program/series I might have recorded in the past. the up time ranges from 13 mins to 13 hours. Any Idea's

This was fixed a while ago in one of the public betas If the box wakes from full sby to make a scheduled recording it should return to full low power sby. Post what date your software is. The way that Freeview and Freesat series recordings works is.

The broadcasters will not re-use crid's until a period of 13 Weeks has elapsed without finding a new recording event. After this time the the series will be auto deleted. After this the same codes can be re-used for different content.

The problem is the system was never designed (cock up) to flag a last event in a current series. If you have all the series recorded and have watched them all you can simply delete the redundant series recording or ignore it until it gets auto deleted.

| Sat 12 Jun 2021 21:01:32 #43 |
  4. Fixdit

Fixdit

grahamlthompson - 25 mins ago  » 

Fixdit - 4 hours ago  » 

This was fixed a while ago in one of the public betas If the box wakes from full sby to make a scheduled recording it should return to full low power sby. Post what date your software is. The way that Freeview and Freesat series recordings works is.
    The broadcasters will not re-use crid's until a period of 13 Weeks has elapsed without finding a new recording event. After this time the the series will be auto deleted. After this the same codes can be re-used for different content.
    The problem is the system was never designed (cock up) to flag a last event in a current series. If you have all the series recorded and have watched them all you can simply delete the redundant series recording or ignore it until it gets auto deleted.

1.01_84_210527_e00a3d4 app version
    00.09.19 Firmware
    May 27,2021 11:06:16am Update Date

I had already deleted any non current series links when I first noticed it. It woke up this afternoon two hours early as I was watching the TV via Apple tv box. Stayed blue, no purple light checked the Aura no sign of any recording activity, did not go back into standby. I am going to change my deep sleep timings to something when I will be around to watch. Or just wait 3 months!! As I said its not causing real problems just puts up the electicity bill a couple of "p" aday.

| Sat 12 Jun 2021 22:02:59 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jlmj2009

Anyone else having problems on the Beta release with iPlayer UHD?

Was watching the Euros (eventful Denmark game) this afternoon but the audio wasnt audible. Video was perfect.

I am connected to an LG C9 via HDMI directly to the Aura 4K. Nothing complicated or fancy. I connected using iPlayer on the LG in the end, worked fine, but no audio on the Aura after 3 or 4 goes.

Wondered if anyone else had a similar experience?

| Sat 12 Jun 2021 22:08:33 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bjwgorman

grahamlthompson - 1 day ago  » 

Bjwgorman - 1 day ago  » 

Look at the top of the screen. Pressing a right and left key switches from icons to list. Personally I would scrap the icon view it's pretty useless.

Should it be doing it automatically and randomly?

| Sun 13 Jun 2021 22:30:10 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Asus1964

Bjwgorman - 15 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 day ago  » 

Bjwgorman - 1 day ago  » 

Should it be doing it automatically and randomly?

I personally prefer the icon view but have noticed recently that it does keep reverting back to the list view. No issues switching back but thought I would mention.

| Mon 14 Jun 2021 14:13:55 #47 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

There will be a minor firmware update (version 09.21) later along with 3 app updates, more details in new thread(s) when I know it is available to testers.

Now live so this thrwad closed see:

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/aura-beta-firmware-dated-150621-ver-0921#post-91510

| Tue 15 Jun 2021 8:29:43 #48 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.