Aura Beta software dated 02.03.21 & 03.03.21

(98 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Only Beta testers to post in this thread please

Check via home screen for update to apps notification:

Aura Beta software release notes - 02 Mar. 2021

1. Audio surround problem if connected with ARC or S/PDIF • Sonos BEAM or other AVR connected via S/PDIF or ARC • Settings : MS12 transcoding on & Digital Audio as surround in Settings > Audio & Video • Users have direct HDMI connection to AVR do not need to change. • The change is only valid for LiveTV. A complete solution will come with later firmware update.

2. Bugfix : Missing record icon of scheduled programs in Guide • Needs to be tested.

3. New option : Auto Deep Standby • According to the setting, Aura will enter deep standby from normal standby after a while. • Please check Settings > Freeview Play Preference > Automatic Deep Standby

4. HDD Standby improved in normal standby • HDD will enter sleep mode after recording / streaming if Aura is in standby mode.

5. New Option : OSD background opacity control • Settings > Channels & Broadcast > On-screen Display

6. Resume / Play from beginning option dialog is added • New option dialog is added to select start position of recording. (In Recording List window)

7. Improvement : Recording failure check of weak signal • A message for partial recording corruption due to weak signal is now separated from full recording failure. • The message of weak signal will appear only when there is strong pixellation.

8. DLNA & Google Cast • GoogleCast devices (Chromecast & Android TV) are now supported by “Casting” via WebIF (Chromecast should be tested) • Seek operation is now supported for DLNA Recording if the recording is being transcoded on the fly.

9. Display option added : 1080p24 / 1080p25 / 1080p30

10. Audio Focus in Live TV • Now background audio application(typically internet Radio) will be stopped when starting Live TV.

Application software version should change to: 1.01_51_210302_b6732e7

| Tue 2 Mar 2021 20:23:39 #1 |
  2. Mars

Mars

special member

After the update:
    2. The missing record icon now seems to be totally missing from the Guide as I am yet to find a program with the record icon!
    8. DLNA on my Samsung TV allowed fast forwarding on a recording of Dad's Army, but not on a recording of Bloodlands. Similarly, on VLC Media Player, I could move through the recording using the 'timeline' for a recording of Dad's Army, but not for Bloodlands.

| Tue 2 Mar 2021 22:04:14 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ceri

Box has updated and starting to test.
    Not sure if I am missing something, but when you cast to a Chromecast directly from the web page, there are no navigation controls of the playback, all you can do is play and pause. How do I skip forward or backwards?

| Tue 2 Mar 2021 22:04:36 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

The background audio option could be a retrograde step. Pretty niche I know, but the ability to run a radio channel, say, whilst watching a live sport in vision (to get the better commentary perhaps) is now lost. Not sure I did get that working with BBC Sounds, but it was definitely a possibility.

| Tue 2 Mar 2021 22:15:28 #4 |
  5. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

Mars - 37 mins ago  » 
    After the update:
    2. The missing record icon now seems to be totally missing from the Guide as I am yet to find a program with the record icon!

same here but the icon in the guide seemed to work for any new programmes I set to record.

| Tue 2 Mar 2021 22:42:43 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

2) Same as others, record icon gone for all recordings. I set a new program to record and that showed fine in EPG.

3) Have turned on, so will test tonight.

6) I tried this on a couple of recorded programs and it worked well.

I was able to cast successfully to a Chromecast (1st gen) and it worked. I was also able to cast to the Aura itself, although not sure why you want to do that!

| Wed 3 Mar 2021 0:23:35 #6 |
  7. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

Since the 2nd March update, I now have no audio when watching something on prime video.

Edit:some more info- the output from the Aura is going through an hdmi splitter which goes into both my TV and surround system. The audio to the surround is fine, the audio to the TV does not work, but only from the prime video app. Other audio is fine

| Wed 3 Mar 2021 7:30:13 #7 |
  8. Mars

Mars

special member

3. I set this up last night and this morning the Aura was in deep standby. Obviously, when the Aura is in deep standby, the DLNA server is not available and the App is disconnected. Personally, I would prefer a timer that put the Aura into deep standby over night (for example, 1am-6am or whatever times the user chooses). Then, the App and the DLNA server would be connected during the day, and the box would be more responsive.

8. Casting via WebIF to a (third generation) Chromecast works fine.

| Wed 3 Mar 2021 9:31:37 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Agree, I would like more granular control over the deep sleep; I know the environmental credentials are good, but I tend not to use deep sleep settings as I use the TV rarely enough that I don't want to be waiting 90s every time I switch it on in the evening for a full reboot. A timer for a deep sleep period with a resumption into standby would work for me.

| Wed 3 Mar 2021 10:37:50 #9 |
  10. Mars

Mars

special member

2. After the update, I setup a series recording (from the Guide) of the Sweeney at 2:45pm on weekdays on ITV4 and the record symbol appeared. This morning there is no sign of the record symbol in the Guide (recordings are in the Schedule and on the App)!

| Wed 3 Mar 2021 10:53:01 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.