Aura Beta software dated 02.03.21 & 03.03.21

(98 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

brian - 10 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 11 mins ago  » 

brian - 31 mins ago  » 
    On the Web Control IF under Cast, I have 21 Renderers listed. Most of these are not suitable to cast to. 18 of these relate to speakers, and speaker groups, even though I only have 6 speakers connected to my network.
    Does anyone else see anything similar, and can these be removed from my cast list?

Brian Currently I have 3.
    3 chromecasts. One is the aura built in one. The other a seperate 4-K Chromecast connected to AVR. Other is a default network media player on my laptop.
    How are the 6 speakers connected ? I have a lot more (Dolby Atmos) they don't appear.
    Guessing If I start up Kodi and or VLC on the laptop it will find more.
    Also guess if I change the default media player to Kodi on the laptop that will appear instead of 5K player.

Graham, I have a Chromecast connected to a bedroom TV, and a Chromecast Ultra 4K connected to another TV, these are listed as Renderers, together with my aura.
    My 6 speakers are distributed in different rooms, and are connected to my network via WiFi. The speakers all have Chromecast built in, and are all used to listen to music via Airplay, or Chromecast. They don't seem to be able to be used with the aura, so I would like to be able to remove them from my Renderers listed in the Cast option menu.

Guess it need a forget/add renderdevice added to the web interface. That's a lot of chromecasts.

| Fri 12 Mar 2021 22:22:15 #91 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd1302

davidrew - 11 hours ago  » 

peterukwp - 1 hour ago  » 

peterukwp - 1 day ago  » 

davidrew - 56 mins ago  » 

davidrew - 21 hours ago  » 

peterukwp - 3 hours ago  » 
    Pixellation really bad on Masterchief HD last night. Soft restart then ok.

Might seem a bit left field but but of interest is your Aura connected to your network via wi-fi or using a LAN cable to a switch/router?

My Aura is connected to internet via ethernet home plugs to bt-2wahrx hub.
    HDMI connection to Yamaha rx3080 passthrough then to LG OLED tv.I have a signal splitter to Aura/TV. After watching youtube then press live tv to watch Holby HD pixellation bad again, soft off/on then no pixellation.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm interested in why a soft on/off would fix the signal? The incoming signal is still the same.
    I have been having pixilation issues, mostly in recordings, but have a good quality signal. I also never had this issue on my previous Humax 5000T which used the same UHF and LAN connections. My LAN is a direct hardwired connection via an edge switch for the TV/AV etc. to a core switch elsewhere in the house which has the router connected to it.
    I found this post very interesting Sound/Vision Dropping. Why should an ethernet connection problem cause broadcast picture and sound issues? There are also other posts highlighting issues with a hardwired LAN connection.
    My theory is that the Android 9 hardwired LAN handling could be a bit flaky and has a knock-on to the Live TV app causing the picture/sound breakup. A soft reset is likely to also reset the LAN so then the issues go away for awhile.
    I would say that a large percentage of Aura users probably use wi-fi so I have now disconnected the hardwired LAN from our Aura and are now running on a 5GHz wi-fi connection to see what happens. After four days no picture/sound issues so far.

I will try wi-fi and report back.

Been using wi-fi for a few days now and pixellation seems to have stopped but I still get problems going from Youtube to live tv, flash of live picture then black screen soft reset fixes.

I'm not hanging the bunting out quite yet but all recordings and live viewing since last Saturday have been flawless since I switched to wi-fi and disconnected the hardwired LAN. It's never gone a whole week without a pixilation/pause in at least 1 or 2 recordings since I first had the Aura in November.
    Given your experience it does look as if the hardwired LAN handling within the Android OS could be a factor. I do wonder as everything is now so wi-fi centric if the hardwired LAN interoperability was fully tested?

Currently chase playing BBC4 HD (CH55) on the Meat Loaf documentary after buying a variable attenuator earlier in the Week to try to fix the pixellation issue.

Dialled down the attenuator to various positions from 82% strength down to current setting of 58% (quality 100%).

Pixellation at frequent intervals on muxes using DVB-T2 tuner, but haven't tried standard DVB for comparison.

No issues on connected equipment tuner at any setting between 82% or 58% through same attenuator.

Cutrently using hard wired ethernet for Plex & catch up services but will try with Wi-fi from tomorrow.

Thanks for the tip though, as the random pixellation is driving me nuts..

| Fri 12 Mar 2021 22:40:15 #92 |
  3. davidrew

davidrew

special member

andyd1302 - 1 hour ago  » 

davidrew - 11 hours ago  » 

peterukwp - 1 day ago  » 

davidrew - 56 mins ago  » 

davidrew - 21 hours ago  » 

peterukwp - 3 hours ago  » 
    Pixellation really bad on Masterchief HD last night. Soft restart then ok.

Might seem a bit left field but but of interest is your Aura connected to your network via wi-fi or using a LAN cable to a switch/router?

My Aura is connected to internet via ethernet home plugs to bt-2wahrx hub.
    HDMI connection to Yamaha rx3080 passthrough then to LG OLED tv.I have a signal splitter to Aura/TV. After watching youtube then press live tv to watch Holby HD pixellation bad again, soft off/on then no pixellation.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm interested in why a soft on/off would fix the signal? The incoming signal is still the same.
    I have been having pixilation issues, mostly in recordings, but have a good quality signal. I also never had this issue on my previous Humax 5000T which used the same UHF and LAN connections. My LAN is a direct hardwired connection via an edge switch for the TV/AV etc. to a core switch elsewhere in the house which has the router connected to it.
    I found this post very interesting Sound/Vision Dropping. Why should an ethernet connection problem cause broadcast picture and sound issues? There are also other posts highlighting issues with a hardwired LAN connection.
    My theory is that the Android 9 hardwired LAN handling could be a bit flaky and has a knock-on to the Live TV app causing the picture/sound breakup. A soft reset is likely to also reset the LAN so then the issues go away for awhile.
    I would say that a large percentage of Aura users probably use wi-fi so I have now disconnected the hardwired LAN from our Aura and are now running on a 5GHz wi-fi connection to see what happens. After four days no picture/sound issues so far.

I will try wi-fi and report back.

Been using wi-fi for a few days now and pixellation seems to have stopped but I still get problems going from Youtube to live tv, flash of live picture then black screen soft reset fixes.

I'm not hanging the bunting out quite yet but all recordings and live viewing since last Saturday have been flawless since I switched to wi-fi and disconnected the hardwired LAN. It's never gone a whole week without a pixilation/pause in at least 1 or 2 recordings since I first had the Aura in November.
    Given your experience it does look as if the hardwired LAN handling within the Android OS could be a factor. I do wonder as everything is now so wi-fi centric if the hardwired LAN interoperability was fully tested?

Currently chase playing BBC4 HD (CH55) on the Meat Loaf documentary after buying a variable attenuator earlier in the Week to try to fix the pixellation issue.
    Dialled down the attenuator to various positions from 82% strength down to current setting of 58% (quality 100%).
    Pixellation at frequent intervals on muxes using DVB-T2 tuner, but haven't tried standard DVB for comparison.
    No issues on connected equipment tuner at any setting between 82% or 58% through same attenuator.
    Cutrently using hard wired ethernet for Plex & catch up services but will try with Wi-fi from tomorrow.
    Thanks for the tip though, as the random pixellation is driving me nuts..

Out of interest how is your LAN connected, router? switch? powerline? I am slowly becoming more convinced when using a hardwired LAN connection the Aura's Android OS is having some handling issue with the link status and/or packet content which has a knock-on to the LiveTV App causing the momentary signal drops. I know my network kit/cable and UHF is sound as it worked fine with the previous Humax 5000T.

If its any help I also use a variable attenuator and my CH55 (COM7) is around 48% and my CH47 (BBCB HD) is around 88% strength both with 100% signal quality.

Watched five more programmes recorded this week (from BBCB) today and no issues. Other programmes recorded this week, but not watched yet, have no failed recording icons either.

| Sat 13 Mar 2021 0:34:53 #93 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

peterukwp

davidrew - 23 hours ago  » 

peterukwp - 48 mins ago  » 

mhargreaves - 2 hours ago  » 
    I am seeing a problem where the catch up apps (iplayer, itv hub, all 4) don't start. I just get a black screen. Other apps (prime video/Disney/YouTube) seem to work OK. I can only get the catch up apps working again by restarting the Aura.

Just the same for me.

I don't use catch-up that often but I have the same issue.

Last night after watching Masterchief I clicked on apps then iplayer then black screen left it for a few minutes no change tried live tv could see info on bottom of screen but no live picture, soft reset made no difference then gave up and watched Spooks via iplayer on LG tv.

| Sat 13 Mar 2021 9:28:57 #94 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd1302

davidrew - 13 hours ago  » 
    Out of interest how is your LAN connected, router? switch? powerline? I am slowly becoming more convinced when using a hardwired LAN connection the Aura's Android OS is having some handling issue with the link status and/or packet content which has a knock-on to the LiveTV App causing the momentary signal drops. I know my network kit/cable and UHF is sound as it worked fine with the previous Humax 5000T.
    If its any help I also use a variable attenuator and my CH55 (COM7) is around 48% and my CH47 (BBCB HD) is around 88% strength both with 100% signal quality.
    Watched five more programmes recorded this week (from BBCB) today and no issues. Other programmes recorded this week, but not watched yet, have no failed recording icons either.

David, my Aura's connected via LAN into a 3-Port Devolo Powerline device, with the router connected to the BT master socket in another room. I'm currently using a HDR-1000S connected to the same Devolo socket with no issues, so I'm pretty sure like yourself the network is sound as both devices seem rock solid for Plex playback.

I might be totally barking up the wrong tree, but I'm wondering when the Aura updates programme info/pictures of programming etc. it's overloading the amount of data the Aura can process causing errors, like a buffer underrun?

I've also had a black screen/buffering circle when trying to access "Freeview Live TV" from Freeview menu on a few occasions, which may or may not be relevant.

The only other thing I was thinking was a shielding issue between sockets within the Aura itself, or a pre-installed app slowing the box processor down.

I know when I had issues with pixellation on a PC HDTV Satellite tuner card, it turned out to be a program which was causing dropouts but identifying the rogue program took some time to work out.

All supposition on my part though..

Sadly, another couple of issues to report.

The aforementioned black screen/buffering circle when "Freeview Live TV" selected, and...

When using the > key to skip part of a recording made, box returned to the previous page listing all recordings with Live TV in the background. Also happened when pressing < on the remote to skip back.

Selected recording again & pressed play then "Resume" option, which had no effect until 3rd attempt. This happened on a number of occasions when accessing different programmes in the past Week or so

| Sat 13 Mar 2021 14:03:46 #95 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd1302

In connection with the above ^ , this thread seems relevant to the ongoing pixellation issues..

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/picture-pixellation-while-watching-in-pause-mode

| Sat 13 Mar 2021 18:19:07 #96 |
  7. Mars

Mars

special member

Another update has appeared dated 14.03.21.

| Sat 13 Mar 2021 19:26:19 #97 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Yep closing this one, and I'll open another if a while with the release note.

| Sat 13 Mar 2021 19:34:41 #98 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.