My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Beta software dated 02.03.21 & 03.03.21

(98 posts)
  1. Fixdit

Fixdit

special member

Set up deep standby last night. On startup this mornng, Black screen but had audio.
    Changing the source on TV (Samsung) and then back again showed the info banner
    It showed that the Aura was apparently outputing 1280 x 720 50p.
    Is this a clue to this problem of black screen.
    Only way out was remove power and reboot.

Recording icon now missing from all programme's including recordings setup last night. They were visible last night.

| Wed 3 Mar 2021 10:58:49 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

IBO

I would confirm that all recording icons now appear to have disappeared.

I have watched prime video this morning and have experienced no problems with the sound.

| Wed 3 Mar 2021 11:15:25 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mhargreaves - 3 hours ago  » 
    Since the 2nd March update, I now have no audio when watching something on prime video.
    Edit:some more info- the output from the Aura is going through an hdmi splitter which goes into both my TV and surround system. The audio to the surround is fine, the audio to the TV does not work, but only from the prime video app. Other audio is fine

Guessing this is a HDCP handshake issue. To send my Aura to the Second TV in the kitchen I have to turn off surround sound as the Kitchen TV does no support Dolby Digital audio.

| Wed 3 Mar 2021 11:22:03 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd1302

Didn't have an opportunity to post until yesterday, but noticed that following the last Aura Beta software update (dated 23.02.21), I'm getting major pixellation across muxes.

Aerial pointing to Moel-y-Parc transmitter but also picks up Winter Hill. It's only since the 23/02 Beta update the problems seemed to start.

I noticed after doing a signal test on CH55 (DVB-T2), the quality fluctuates between 100% and 0% while the strength stays relatively stable.

There's a video clip in the link of the Aura's signal quality fluctuation on DVB-T2 CH55, which I'm hoping might be helpful.

Video
    Humax Aura Signal Quality Fluctuation DVB-T2 (CH55)

On the loop-connected TV (Panasonic) there are no such issues and I also checked a secondary TV (Panasonic) connected to a separate feed and again, there's no such issues.

Connected cable is Webro WF100.

I'll continue to monitor, but the problem has also surfaced on the Aura from a DVB-T2 mux at Moel-y-Parc (CH42), where channels in the mux began to break up, eventually resulting in "The receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is too weak" error message.

So I'm presuming a similar thing's going on in the Aura on the DVB-T2 mux at Moel-y-Parc on CH42 as well as the (COM7?) DVB-T2 mux on CH55 at Winter Hill, with signal quality fluctuation dropping from 100 to zero resulting in the error.

Here's a couple of photos of the two states..

Attachments

1. Aura_DVB-T2_Signal_Error_CH42.jpg (533 KB, 2 downloads) 3 years old
    2. Aura_DVB-T2_Signal_Test_CH42.jpg (934.5 KB, 0 downloads) 3 years old
    | Wed 3 Mar 2021 12:21:23 #14 |
  5. davidrew

davidrew

special member

This is a bit counter to andyd1302 post but since the Aura Beta software update (dated 23.02.21) I have seen no pixilation on any recordings.

I have been monitoring this very carefully as this was my main issue with the box and I had not suffered with this on my previous 5000T. I also keep a log of signal values from both the 5000T (now gone) and Aura on different firmware.

The recordings concerned are regular 4 times during a day Mon-Fri at the same times on 3 different channels across both HD MUX. I was seeing issues on around 25% of these recordings before the Beta.

The only brief pixilation I have seen was only on one occasion was just after I changed channel to BBC1HD on Live TV.

I don't know how Humax tackled the pixilation issue in the Beta 23.02.21 update but my signal quality and strength figures have not changed between the general release and the Beta.

My only thoughts to andyd1302 is that your signal is pretty strong. The weakest channel on your transmitter is C55 at only -1.5dB reduction at 91% on the Aura. Humax advised me that signal strength should be 70-89%, preferably 80-85% and anything less than 70% can cause issues. My C55 (-7.9dB) is only at around 40% strength with 100% quality and is working with no issues. Have you tried winding the signal down with a variable attenuator?

| Wed 3 Mar 2021 13:28:20 #15 |
  6. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Tested the OSD background opacity control and it works fine. I did suggest this so thank you Humax.

Like others all the (R) recording indicators have disappeared from the guide. They still show in the Schedule and App and the recordings are starting OK.

| Wed 3 Mar 2021 15:09:13 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd1302

davidrew - 34 mins ago  » 
    This is a bit counter to andyd1302 post but since the Aura Beta software update (dated 23.02.21) I have seen no pixilation on any recordings.
    I have been monitoring this very carefully as this was my main issue with the box and I had not suffered with this on my previous 5000T. I also keep a log of signal values from both the 5000T (now gone) and Aura on different firmware.
    The recordings concerned are regular 4 times a day Mon-Fri at the same time on 3 different channels across both HD MUX. I was seeing issues on around 25% of these recordings before the Beta.
    The only brief pixilation I have seen was only on one occasion was just after I changed channel to BBC1HD on Live TV.
    I don't know how Humax tackled the pixilation issue in the Beta 23.02.21 update but my signal quality and strength figures have not changed between the general release and the Beta.
    My only thoughts to andyd1302 is that your signal is pretty strong. The weakest channel on your transmitter is C55 at only -1.5dB reduction at 91% on the Aura. Humax advised me that signal strength should be 70-89%, preferably 80-85% and anything less than 70% can cause issues. My C55 (-7.9dB) is only at around 40% strength with 100% quality and is working with no issues. Have you tried winding the signal down with a variable attenuator?

Thanks for the tip David.

I must admit a variable attenuator was next on the list to try, as I have sight of Moel-y-Parc (about 20 miles) and Winter Hill (roughly 60 miles) as the crow flies

I just found it a bit strange for the Aura to be OK last Week & not this, and equally odd for the quality to fluctuate between 100% and zero when there's no issue on any other connected TV.

For the sake of the cost of an attenuator though, I'm willing to give it it a go.

Many thanks to Barry & Humax by the way for fixing the 1080i resolution issue in the 23/02 update, which has made a massive difference to the viewing experience on my old Panny plasma HDTV

| Wed 3 Mar 2021 15:29:36 #17 |
  8. davidrew

davidrew

special member

I must admit a variable attenuator was next on the list to try, as I have sight of Moel-y-Parc (about 20 miles) and Winter Hill (roughly 60 miles) as the crow flies

The attached diagram is the set-up of my UHF wiring from the TV wall socket. I use F-Type so nothing comes apart and make up my own cables. The Aura, in my case, is more signal sensitive than the TV tuner so that is why it is bypassed.

I'm only 14 miles from the transmitter and I originally had the attenuator for the 5000T which I had similar signal drop-out to what you are seeing. I initially tried the Aura without the attenuator but the signal was not reliable.

Attachments

1. Aura_TV_Connection.jpg (55.2 KB, 6 downloads) 3 years old
    | Wed 3 Mar 2021 16:24:05 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

larkim - 6 hours ago  » 
    Agree, I would like more granular control over the deep sleep; I know the environmental credentials are good, but I tend not to use deep sleep settings as I use the TV rarely enough that I don't want to be waiting 90s every time I switch it on in the evening for a full reboot. A timer for a deep sleep period with a resumption into standby would work for me.

This is what the BT Youview boxes do, they go into deep sleep between 1:am and 6:am I think it is.

| Wed 3 Mar 2021 16:47:40 #19 |
  10. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Faust - 11 mins ago  » 

larkim - 6 hours ago  » 
    Agree, I would like more granular control over the deep sleep; I know the environmental credentials are good, but I tend not to use deep sleep settings as I use the TV rarely enough that I don't want to be waiting 90s every time I switch it on in the evening for a full reboot. A timer for a deep sleep period with a resumption into standby would work for me.

This is what the BT Youview boxes do, they go into deep sleep between 1:am and 6:am I think it is.

I second this also, particularly to satisfy DLNA requirements.

| Wed 3 Mar 2021 17:01:19 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.