My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Beta software dated 03.04.21

(46 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

boogersa - 3 hours ago  » 
    Watching all4 app again today. The picture froze but the sound continued in the background. I had to press “live tv” to get out of the app as it had locked up and no other commands were working.

Strange, after reading your 2 reports of issues with all4, thought I would try and replicate, tried a couple of 50 minute playbacks without any issues.

Same with your get more apps report, tried this a few times but could not replicate.

Anyone else care to try, see if they can replicate the problems?

| Sun 4 Apr 2021 22:04:11 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Barry - 59 mins ago  » 

boogersa - 3 hours ago  » 
    Watching all4 app again today. The picture froze but the sound continued in the background. I had to press “live tv” to get out of the app as it had locked up and no other commands were working.

Strange, after reading your 2 reports of issues with all4, thought I would try and replicate, tried a couple of 50 minute playbacks without any issues.
    Same with your get more apps report, tried this a few times but could not replicate.
    Anyone else care to try, see if they can replicate the problems?

Appreciate the effort Barry but who knows what is the cause. I don’t use the app that often so don’t really have a proper way of testing. When next I use it I will report any issues I encounter. Maybe it’s something happening in the background like a recording starting on freeview? Who knows? So many permutations and “your mileage may vary”. At the end of the day I want the aura to be the best it can be but with a complex bit of kit there might some little foibles along the way. If It kicks me out of an app now and again...ah well.

| Sun 4 Apr 2021 23:11:34 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd1302

After watching Top Gear on BBC1 HD, BBC iPlayer info box appeared "Press red to view all episodes" so decided to bite.

Noticed slight picture error on button press (like turning over a channel on a 70s telly)

iPlayer loaded OK & offered all selections in the splash menu, but when programme selected it got stuck on the buffering circle.

Tried the "backup" remote command & selected a different programme from the Main iPlayer menu & same result.

Then exited iPlayer completely to start from scratch and had the same issue as above.

On exiting iPlayer, Aura threw a bit of a wobbler & all info on live TV linear programming was lost (blank info box in top right hand corner & future guide info was missing).

Info returned seconds later so no real biggie but looked like a bug so reporting here.

(Unit connected by Wi-Fi 5Ghz & updated to latest Beta)

Didn't try rebooting, but I also had similar with ITV Hub last Week where the programme menu was available but when the actual programme was selected, circular buffering then the ITV Hub's "Whoops" notification.

Same unavailability of iPlayer on same session, but powering down & rebooting the unit from active standby seemed to clear it.

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 7:04:39 #33 |
  4. Mars

Mars

special member

I stopped viewing a video on YouTube and exited to a blank screen with a no signal message. At the time two recordings were in progress and a third was scheduled but the programme (Ian King Live on Sky News) is not on today as it is a Bank holiday. I checked the signal and none of the tuners seemed to be working. The two recordings in progress both failed due to 'power failure'. Exiting the home screen, the Aura was back to normal.

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 10:17:13 #34 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Strange that some of you are having issues with on demand/apps.

If you report an issue can you mention how unit is connected, LAN or WiFi, might help in trying to replicate/diagnose the issue, if there is one.

For info my units are LAN, either direct connection or powerline adaptor.

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 10:38:34 #35 |
  6. Mars

Mars

special member

Mars - 2 hours ago  » 
    I stopped viewing a video on YouTube and exited to a blank screen with a no signal message. At the time two recordings were in progress and a third was scheduled but the programme (Ian King Live on Sky News) is not on today as it is a Bank holiday. I checked the signal and none of the tuners seemed to be working. The two recordings in progress both failed due to 'power failure'. Exiting the home screen, the Aura was back to normal.

My connection is by WiFi with excellent signal strength according to the Aura (as it should be with the router in the same room). I use YouTube quite regularly without problem so I think it is probably a combination of factors such as a couple of recordings being in progress.

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 12:51:28 #36 |
  7. barrados

barrados

Before I got the beta update last week, none of my on demand players would work at all. Connected via lan or WiFi.
    They would load up, let you view and choose a program to watch, but would never play anything.
    Since the beta apps have been updated, they all seem to be working as they should, touch wood !

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 13:37:30 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd1302

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 
    Strange that some of you are having issues with on demand/apps.
    If you report an issue can you mention how unit is connected, LAN or WiFi, might help in trying to replicate/diagnose the issue, if there is one.
    For info my units are LAN, either direct connection or powerline adaptor.

I must admit Barry to being a bit reluctant to go back to LAN because of previous pixellation issues on earlier Betas so I've tended to stick with Wi-Fi, but LAN & Powerline is my usual preference so will give it a go again & hope the dreaded pixellation doesn't make an unwelcome return.

More an observation, but also worthy of a mention...

When a recording is being played back & the sound is muted....if the prog is then skipped forward/back on the ad skip FFWD/REW, split-second pockets of sound come through the Aura, as if the Aura is playing catch up with the mute setting.

Think Norman Collier with the faulty microphone

Again, no biggie in the grand scheme but still something that doesn't happen on the HDR-1000S but which has happened on the Aura since day 1...

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 14:01:21 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Longshanks12345

I'm trying to watch Match of the Day on iPlayer. It keeps dropping out every few minutes. I have to press back, back and resume. Connected via LAN cable. All other TV catch-up apps drop out too, but ok on my original Humax box. Prime is ok.

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 15:36:55 #39 |
  10. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Whilst we are on the subject of iPlayer I have a problem where I'm seeing periodic micro-judder (if that's a thing) on content like moving cars, people and panning shots on both HD and UHD content. It happens on both the inbuilt iPlayer App or when casting from iPlayer on an iPad using either hardwired LAN or Wi-Fi. There is no issue with the sound.

I have done similar programme type tests with YouTube (including 4K content), My5, ITV Hub and All 4 and none of these have the same judder.

As the other players don't have an issue I have all but ruled out the LAN and my Yamaha AV Receiver as this does the upscaling to 4K. the AV fully supports 4K (50Hz/60Hz) signals in 4:4:4, 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 and I am using a high speed HDMI cables.

My normal AURA settings are a fixed HDMI of 4K2K-60Hz to match the Yamaha AV Receiver.

I have managed to temporarily fix iPlayer by changing the HDMI resolution to Auto but this has other side-effects. I am now seeing the Auto at 4K-50Hz and when I change to iPlayer, YouTube, then back to Live TV etc. the HDMI is renegotiating giving Source and Display information top left even when it is switched off.

Attachments

1. AVI_Info_3.jpg (277.1 KB, 0 downloads) 3 years old
    2. AVI_Info_2.jpg (794 KB, 0 downloads) 3 years old
    3. AVI_Info_1.jpg (339.9 KB, 0 downloads) 3 years old
    | Mon 5 Apr 2021 17:09:03 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.