My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Beta software dated 03.04.21

(46 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A5ian300zx

If you enable "avi info frame" it causes micro stutter when watching BBC iplayer, have not had chance to test other catchup services yet.

| Sun 4 Apr 2021 10:09:59 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

RGMax

Another AVI InfoFrame oddity - With it enabled, if while playing a recording you press the guide button, the screen blanks for a few seconds before showing the guide, pressing the button again blanks the screen again before returning to the recording. With AVI InfoFrame disabled there's no blank screen.

Thanks for opening up the beta to more members, this version is so much better than the current public release.

| Sun 4 Apr 2021 12:04:55 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Just went looking to add apps and when I selected the “get more apps” and then the search icon the box did a complete cold restart.

| Sun 4 Apr 2021 14:26:07 #23 |
  4. Fixdit

Fixdit

special member

Here's a strange one. Watching the boat race on BBC1 HD on my Aura I setup an instant recording of the programme, whilst watching the live programme my Fox Sat HDR started up to prepare for recording. at this exact time TV screen blanked for a few seconds then returned. On playback of the Aura recording showed no artifacts at all. My leads are CT100 and are dressed away from HDMI leads. Signal level 80% quality 100%. If I am not recording, power cycling The HDR gives mild pixelation, whilst it looks like impulse interference, power cycling my other equipment nearby has no effect. Anybody else had the same?

| Sun 4 Apr 2021 16:53:16 #24 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Fixdit - 56 mins ago  » 
    Here's a strange one. Watching the boat race on BBC1 HD on my Aura I setup an instant recording of the programme, whilst watching the live programme my Fox Sat HDR started up to prepare for recording. at this exact time TV screen blanked for a few seconds then returned. On playback of the Aura recording showed no artifacts at all. My leads are CT100 and are dressed away from HDMI leads. Signal level 80% quality 100%. If I am not recording, power cycling The HDR gives mild pixelation, whilst it looks like impulse interference, power cycling my other equipment nearby has no effect. Anybody else had the same?

Presumably the Foxsat-HDR is connected to the same TV as the Aura and you have cec enabled on the TV or a hdmi port that auto selects on port activity. . When the foxsat woke up it would have switched to the Foxsat HDMI port for a few seconds so you were looking at the Foxsat which had no audio or video output at this time.

| Sun 4 Apr 2021 17:52:53 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Watching all4 app again today. The picture froze but the sound continued in the background. I had to press “live tv” to get out of the app as it had locked up and no other commands were working.

| Sun 4 Apr 2021 18:22:10 #26 |
  7. Fixdit

Fixdit

special member

grahamlthompson - 25 mins ago  » 

Fixdit - 56 mins ago  » 

Presumably the Foxsat-HDR is connected to the same TV as the Aura and you have cec enabled on the TV. When the foxsat woke up it would have switched to the Foxsat HDMI port for a few seconds so you were loking at the Foxsat which had no audio or video output at this time.

Anynet/CEC switched off for along time ago, I accept your point about HDMI but it never did this when my Fox T2 was connected to the same port, and it does not explain the pixelation when not recording. Is the black out masking pixelation perhaps. Or has the Aura a way of by-passing CEC. I am going to remove the FoxSat HDMI and try a recycle of the box when all recordings have finished.

| Sun 4 Apr 2021 18:32:21 #27 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Fixdit - 29 mins ago  » 

Fixdit - 56 mins ago  » 

Presumably the Foxsat-HDR is connected to the same TV as the Aura and you have cec enabled on the TV. When the foxsat woke up it would have switched to the Foxsat HDMI port for a few seconds so you were loking at the Foxsat which had no audio or video output at this time.

Anynet/CEC switched off for along time ago, I accept your point about HDMI but it never did this when my Fox T2 was connected to the same port, and it does not explain the pixelation when not recording. Is the black out masking pixelation perhaps. Or has the Aura a way of by-passing CEC. I am going to remove the FoxSat HDMI and try a recycle of the box when all recordings have finished.

Simple test while watching an aura recording and the Foxsat in full sby, press the power button on the Foxsat. Do you lose the Aura picture for a short period >

| Sun 4 Apr 2021 19:03:36 #28 |
  9. Fixdit

Fixdit

special member

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 

Fixdit - 29 mins ago  » 

Fixdit - 56 mins ago  » 

Simple test while watching an aura recording and the Foxsat in full sby, press the power button on the Foxsat. Do you lose the Aura picture for a short period >

No , picture remains stable. Only affects live program's.

| Sun 4 Apr 2021 21:40:29 #29 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Fixdit - 15 mins ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 

Fixdit - 29 mins ago  » 

Fixdit - 56 mins ago  » 

No , picture remains stable. Only affects live program's.

Did you test the obvious one ?

Repeat watching live programme.

If the two units are in close proximity, try seperating them

| Sun 4 Apr 2021 21:59:43 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.