Aura Beta software dated 05.05.21

(39 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

New app version available to all beta testers:

Release note:

• Horror Channel issue fixed

• TvApp Crash issue related to favourite channel & Schedule update (Thanks to log file from user SteveNotts & mars)

• Recent Apps by long press of APPS key

| Thu 6 May 2021 8:06:15 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jlmj2009

Thanks for letting us know Barry - FYI, I've juust checked / rebooted and I'm yet to see the update on my Aura.

Is there a way to force the update to download?

| Thu 6 May 2021 10:24:39 #2 |
  3. barrados

barrados

Thanks for the heads up Barry.

Both boxes have updated however:
    Box 1, android tv, long press apps, recents working.
    Box 2, Google tv updated, long press apps, recents not working.

| Thu 6 May 2021 11:19:04 #3 |
  4. Mars

Mars

special member

Updated. The Horror Channel is working. A long press on Apps brings up recent apps. When I switched on the Aura (after the update), I got a blank screen when trying to access Android Home (Freeview Play Home was fine), but after a few attempts it worked.

| Thu 6 May 2021 11:48:03 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

jlmj2009 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks for letting us know Barry - FYI, I've juust checked / rebooted and I'm yet to see the update on my Aura.

I’ve not received a notification but checking the box the latest update has been applied. Maybe you are the same?

| Thu 6 May 2021 11:51:36 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

jlmj2009

boogersa - 2 mins ago  » 

jlmj2009 - 1 hour ago  » 

I’ve not received a notification but checking the box the latest update has been applied. Maybe you are the same?

Thanks boogersa - I checked the System Info page but it says the last update was the 12th April.

| Thu 6 May 2021 11:54:14 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

glenharrison8

any ideas how to get rid of this new (awful) home screen? The old one was nice and clean, I really liked it. Hate the new one though. They are really pushing these adverts aren't they, I have them on the top (which I cant hide), and at the bottom, which despite me removing them in the 'customise home screen' settings, they won't go.

assume it's an update to one of the stock system apps? Perhaps we can get the old one, modify the appmanifest to a higher version number and re-install it?

| Thu 6 May 2021 11:56:02 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

jlmj2009

glenharrison8 - 7 mins ago  » 
    any ideas how to get rid of this new (awful) home screen? The old one was nice and clean, I really liked it. Hate the new one though. They are really pushing these adverts aren't they, I have them on the top (which I cant hide), and at the bottom, which despite me removing them in the 'customise home screen' settings, they won't go.
    assume it's an update to one of the stock system apps? Perhaps we can get the old one, modify the appmanifest to a higher version number and re-install it?

I perfer the white & red Freeview button menu Like you say, too many ads on the Home menu from Google, even if you cusomise the channel and disable Disney+ etc.

| Thu 6 May 2021 12:05:06 #8 |
  9. ssenior45

ssenior45

glenharrison8 - 33 mins ago  » 

Settings -> apps -> all apps -> show system apps -> Android TV Home -> uninstall updates.

This will get you back to the old Android home screen view.

You'll want to make sure that automatic updates are off in the Google Play Store settings to prevent it reinstalling the updates.

| Thu 6 May 2021 12:31:10 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

jlmj2009

ssenior45 - 12 mins ago  » 

glenharrison8 - 33 mins ago  » 

Settings -> apps -> all apps -> show system apps -> Android TV Home -> uninstall updates.
    This will get you back to the old Android home screen view.
    You'll want to make sure that automatic updates are off in the Google Play Store settings to prevent it reinstalling the updates.

Thanks that worked for me.

| Thu 6 May 2021 12:45:13 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.