My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Beta software dated 05.05.21

(39 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

morrig - 11 mins ago  » 
    I am getting the black screen with the digital HDCP protection since 05.05.21 update. Just the bottom pics, after power on an up a few times manage to get video, heip.

Pull the 12V power plug out of the back (rear left hand side). Leave it 20 seconds and plug it back in wait till the box reboots. When back to live TV check the home screen.

| Fri 7 May 2021 17:59:39 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

morrig

grahamlthompson - 4 mins ago  » 

morrig - 11 mins ago  » 
    I am getting the black screen with the digital HDCP protection since 05.05.21 update. Just the bottom pics, after power on an up a few times manage to get video, heip.

Pull the 12V power plug out of the back (rear left hand side). Leave it 20 seconds and plug it back in wait till the box reboots. When back to live TV check the home screen.

Graham, Did that before had video back and then run for a few minutes OK then did normal power down and up then get black screen again with HDCP protection. Happened this morning, then again this afternoon. Philips TV had an update two weeks ago and tried another HDMI so not TV, same problem. Seems this update causing this?
    Just tried ssenior45 about getting old Google menu and stopping auto update, power down and up with video back, hurrah, fingers crossed.

| Fri 7 May 2021 18:17:42 #32 |
  3. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

Not sure if this has already been highlighted. When I 'chase played' a recording but skipped adverts and then eventuality synecdoche 'LIVE' it didn't go to the recoded programme channel live but it switched to the last channel I had been viewing live TV

| Fri 7 May 2021 21:50:39 #33 |
  4. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

I've been having a bit of trouble with the recent apps feature. Quite often when I do what I think is a short press of the apps button, it shows the recent apps menu. Could the press time be extended slightly?

| Sat 8 May 2021 13:08:39 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Not sure if this is beta related or not but I don't seem to be able "see" the Chromecast from the aura. Previously it worked fine, was set up properly in Google Home, could be cast to properly etc. Over the last few days I could select the aura to be cast to, but nothing would happen. Not a problem as I've got a proper Chromecast dongle in another hdmi socket so just used that.

This morning I've tried again from a number of different apps with the same result.

So i tried the following, all with no improvement:-
    - stopped the built in app on the aura
    - cleared the cache and the data store on the aura
    - soft rebooted the aura
    - hard rebooted the aura
    - deleted the WiFi connection on the aura and reconnected
    - deleted the aura from my Google home app

Now I can no longer see the aura as an option to be cast to, nor does it appear in Google home to be set up.

Anyone else? Anything else worth trying?

| Sat 8 May 2021 13:40:04 #35 |
  6. Mars

Mars

special member

larkim - 15 mins ago  » 
    Not sure if this is beta related or not but I don't seem to be able "see" the Chromecast from the aura. Previously it worked fine, was set up properly in Google Home, could be cast to properly etc. Over the last few days I could select the aura to be cast to, but nothing would happen. Not a problem as I've got a proper Chromecast dongle in another hdmi socket so just used that.
    This morning I've tried again from a number of different apps with the same result.
    So i tried the following, all with no improvement:-
    - stopped the built in app on the aura
    - cleared the cache and the data store on the aura
    - soft rebooted the aura
    - hard rebooted the aura
    - deleted the WiFi connection on the aura and reconnected
    - deleted the aura from my Google home app
    Now I can no longer see the aura as an option to be cast to, nor does it appear in Google home to be set up.
    Anyone else? Anything else worth trying?

I am casting Now TV (Sky Sports F1) to the Aura now and the Aura is visible in Google Home.

| Sat 8 May 2021 13:57:40 #36 |
  7. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Some feedback on the latest beta.

- I also see the issue where the long press recent Apps list is cleared after an overnight full standby.

- I watched the F1 recording about 40 mins behind the live broadcast yesterday and on a two separate occasions while skipping the adverts it stopped and went back to the recordings list. I was able to restart from the last position OK. My skip forward is set to 120sec and back 15sec.

- I am still working through trying to isolate pixilation/pause issues on some recordings (ITV-HD and CH5-HD). I replaced the faulty (loose internal component) Coax to F-Plug Adaptor and ran without an attenuator, still had issues. Replaced the SAC variable attenuator with an Axing and wound the signal strength down but still have 100% quality, still seeing issues. Have now disconnected hardwired LAN and using wirless, so far OK so will monitor this week.

Still outstanding from previous posts:

- Top level Schedule programme names don't update if series title changes when next episode is more than 7 days later. According to the schedule this weekend I was recording the Bahrain GP (was in March) not the Spanish.

| Mon 10 May 2021 9:32:49 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

[For completeness, Chromecast issues appear to have been resolved now, lots of rebooting of the device and of my router appear to have solved any issues with visibility, so probably not a beta issue]

| Mon 10 May 2021 12:55:26 #38 |
  9. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

Sometimes when I use the apps button, it goes to the home tab instead

| Tue 11 May 2021 7:38:11 #39 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.