My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Beta software dated 06.04.21

(48 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Release note:

• A hot fix for problem of iPlayer / ITVHub can not play contents.
    - In beta testers’ thread : user barrados & Andy1302 comment.
    - If the problem still happens, it would be helpful if users can try to “Restart apps” from Freeview Play > Power button and report what happens.

• A fix for Dynamic switching notification option
    - In beta testers’ thread : user davidrew comment

• Series recording sort order : by recently(default), by oldest, and smart ordering.
    - Smart ordering : recordings not watched fully (Over 90% or done) will be ordered first by oldest, watched recordings will be followed by order of recently recorded.

• Trick mode Recording playback UI Changed
    - After 3 seconds, top & bottom player UI will be changed to provide clear video contents.

• Turning on Aura using web interface and mobile app.
    - If Aura is in standby, and casting live channel or recording will turn on the Aura - can work with new standby button in Web IF.

• Deep standby handling change
    - not to enter deep standby mode until recording playback from Aura app or Google cast device is finished.

Thank you for all the comments to date.

| Tue 6 Apr 2021 15:17:34 #1 |
  2. barrados

barrados

Thanks for the update Barry
    Just tested iplayer (watch from start in EPG) worked 100%

| Tue 6 Apr 2021 16:41:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ShieldWolf

Just updated, will give some feedback where I can.

| Tue 6 Apr 2021 19:05:58 #3 |
  4. Mars

Mars

special member

- After 3 seconds, top & bottom player UI will be changed to provide clear video contents.

Watching a recording of Frasier on a HD TV, when I fast forward the UI seems to slip down after a few seconds so that it appears to be half out of view. I am not a fan of this approach as the UI seems to be in the wrong place. Maybe I will get used to it.

| Tue 6 Apr 2021 20:04:12 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Barry - 4 hours ago  » 
    Release note:
    • A hot fix for problem of iPlayer / ITVHub can not play contents.
    - In beta testers’ thread : user barrados & Andy1302 comment.
    - If the problem still happens, it would be helpful if users can try to “Restart apps” from Freeview Play > Power button and report what happens.
    • A fix for Dynamic switching notification option
    - In beta testers’ thread : user davidrew comment
    • Series recording sort order : by recently(default), by oldest, and smart ordering.
    - Smart ordering : recordings not watched fully (Over 90% or done) will be ordered first by oldest, watched recordings will be followed by order of recently recorded.
    • Turning on Aura using web interface and mobile app.
    - If Aura is in standby, and casting live channel or recording will turn on the Aura - can work with new standby button in Web IF.
    • Deep standby handling change
    - not to enter deep standby mode until recording playback from Aura app or Google cast device is finished.
    Thank you for all the comments to date.

Updated. Ordering from within a series. I prefer oldest at the top, which I can now do. Thank you Humax!

| Tue 6 Apr 2021 20:13:10 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Tonight my aura disconnected from Wi-fi. I never use lan. Would not reconnect and stated router was “disabled”. There were no issues with my router. I had to reboot aura from the power drop down menu. It’s now connected to Wi-fi ok automatically after the reboot.

| Tue 6 Apr 2021 22:28:40 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SteveNotts

Hi all,

Was in the Freeview guide, (itv was the live channel) went to choose favourites 1, booted me out to the main box menu. Unable to exit.

Press the live TV tile, get the spinning circle then back to menu again.

Live TV / exit button had no effect.

Did a restart through the menus and still stuck as above.

Pulled the plug and restarted still stuck on main.menu as above.

Did a Freeview reset through the menus , channels back but has put West Midlands channels instead of East Midlands.

Cheers

Steve

| Tue 6 Apr 2021 22:30:36 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Steve & Mars please check PM's for message from programmer.

| Wed 7 Apr 2021 8:04:27 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

I tried to watch a programme on my 4000T box upstairs from the Aura downstairs both connected to the same network, it let me watch SD programmes no problem however it would not let me watch HD content it gave a message saying file type was not supported.

| Wed 7 Apr 2021 9:08:15 #9 |
  10. Mars

Mars

special member

phlppip - 7 mins ago  » 
    I tried to watch a programme on my 4000T box upstairs from the Aura downstairs both connected to the same network, it let me watch SD programmes no problem however it would not let me watch HD content it gave a message saying file type was not supported.

I get that message with a Samsung TV when using DLNA, but then when I try again it sometimes works. Does your TV upstairs support DLNA? If so then you could try that.

| Wed 7 Apr 2021 9:18:51 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.