My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Beta software dated 06.04.21

(48 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd1302

As an addition to ParksidePete's experiences, a couple of additions..

Channel 4 HD's Four in a Bed recorded successfully on Monday & Tuesday, but the Aura recorded the same episode twice on Series link.

Also, the Top Gear Tribute to Sabine Schmitz (BBC1 HD) was scheduled for recording (set during the One Show last night), confirmed on the timeline with an R and in the general guide with a red dot but when accessing within "Recordings" then "Schedule", there was no trace of the imminent timed recording..

| Thu 8 Apr 2021 15:22:57 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ant71

I have only just updated my box to the recent beta. When I watch the iplayer is seems to stutter for a few seconds. The sound is fine but the picture seems to slow down then speed back to normal speed. I was watching British menu and the box was recording 2 other channels. Checked on prime video, itv hub and other streaming services but just does it on iplayer. Tried turning av info frames on and off it makes no difference. My broadband is fast so that's not the issue. Also tried changing iplayer to beta or standard version makes no difference. Restarted box makes no difference either.

Wondered if anyone else had seen this?

Update: Aura hdmi is set to auto. If on iplayer I press S/AD on remote, disable Auto Resolution Switch, then change video resolution to 1080p 50Hz it plays smoothly with no stutter at all.

| Thu 8 Apr 2021 20:34:59 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

GCW1

BBC iplayer does this on mine, so I normally resort to using my tvs inbuilt app.
    It does spoil what has become a really good experience

| Thu 8 Apr 2021 21:12:50 #33 |
  4. davidrew

davidrew

special member

GCW1 - 38 mins ago  » 
    BBC iplayer does this on mine, so I normally resort to using my tvs inbuilt app.
    It does spoil what has become a really good experience

I also have this issue, it happens on both the Aura iPlayer and if you cast from iPlayer off an iPad. I have also tried the Beta iPlayer and have the same judder/stutter. It happens on both HD and UHD content and I did note this issue in the 03.04.21 Beta thread.

I usually have the Aura resolution set to 4K60 but have changed to Auto as this seems to improve but not totally eliminate the judder.

I have tested similar content, with resolution set to Auto or fixed 4K60, on ITV Hub, All4, My5, VLC Player and YouTube (HD and 4K where available) with no issues.

I was pretty sure that this issue has been introduced during the Beta testing programme but I only use iPlayer infrequently, as Ant71 has only just updated I think that could confirm my suspicions. As it happens when using the built-in iPlayer and iPlayer casting my thoughts are that the Aura resolution setting is having issues with iPlayer's frame rate?

| Thu 8 Apr 2021 23:18:22 #34 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Could ParksidePeter, and morrig please check PM's - Ta

| Fri 9 Apr 2021 7:41:21 #35 |
  6. Mars

Mars

special member

While three recordings were in progress, trying to access the Android Home screen led to a blank/black screen. Two recordings show as failing due to power failure. Had to unplug to solve this problem.

| Fri 9 Apr 2021 9:46:45 #36 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Heads up on an update tomorrow:

Release note:

• Font Size is added in settings : Settings > Channels & Broadcast > On Screen Display.
    • EPG Background option is added in settings : Settings > Channels & Broadcast > On Screen Display.

We thought that those two features could be important to some users and managed with higher priority.

Then some bug fixes :

• Recording List focus issue when deleting recordings.
    • Fix to getting Googlecast device status when casting is in progress.

| Fri 9 Apr 2021 14:02:51 #37 |
  8. barrados

barrados

Barry - 39 mins ago  » 
    Release note:
    • Font Size is added in settings : Settings > Channels & Broadcast > On Screen Display.
    • EPG Background option is added in settings : Settings > Channels & Broadcast > On Screen Display.
    We thought that those two features could be important to some users and managed with higher priority.
    Then some bug fixes :

Thats brilliant Barry !
    Big thumbs up, I'm sure this update will make a big difference to alot of people.

| Fri 9 Apr 2021 14:42:47 #38 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Not easy to show this but 2 photo's

The top one is default, the second is 10% bigger.

Attachments

1. 10%_bigger.JPG (397.1 KB, 1 downloads) 3 years old
    2. default.JPG (359.2 KB, 1 downloads) 3 years old
    | Fri 9 Apr 2021 15:16:03 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Barry - 2 hours ago  » 
    Release note:
    Then some bug fixes :

We have to wait? Outrageous.

| Fri 9 Apr 2021 16:36:32 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.