My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Beta software dated 12.04.21 - comments

(75 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd1302

Improvements in latest Beta are very welcome so thank you for that, but I've noticed increased pixellation when exiting recordings into Live TV.

It happens like this.

At the precise moment "Live TV" is selected, the information box stating what's on the channel being watched is out of sync with what's actually on screen.

The programme info holds the last programme watched on the "Live" channel before the user began playback of a stored recording, then pixellates at the precise moment the user selects "Live" TV again.

.... Then more pixelaltion when the guide is updated 'behind the scenes' to reflect the change in information.

So say The Hit List was on BBC1 "Live" when a recording was accessed.

If you'd previously recorded a 2 hour film and watched it right through without exiting to live TV in the meantime, "The Hit List" would be showing as the current programme being shown on BBC1 despite finishing a few hours earlier.

The box also has the occasional tendency to lose all guide information from the "Live" broadcast MUX for about a minute after exiting the recordings menu & returning to Live TV.

I presume it might be the same when exiting apps to Live TV, but haven't tested it..

I've noticed it both pre and post Beta update.

The pixellation almost seems to be the box struggling with the surge of data it's having to process in order to provide an up to date guide reflecting the change back to Live TV, & and I've noticed it when going "Live" to any channel (SD or HD).

Whether some kind of stored basic guide could be auto downloaded to the device at intervals to ease the transition I don't know, or have the timeline for the guide matched up when in-recording or in-app it might help, as the box seems like it's tying itself up in knots trying to catch up..

(Connected via LAN / Signal Attenuated)

| Sun 11 Apr 2021 10:32:20 #11 |
  2. barrados

barrados

Not sure that this is a bug or problem with the recent update or not, as this is the first time I've noticed this problem.

I had a schedule recording set for emmerdale omnibus on itv 3 this morning (Sunday 11th)

When checking the recording, I noticed that there were 2 identical recordings and both were 12 minutes short.

However checking the epg data elsewhere, I noticed an error in the actual timings so the aura recorded the correct length, but twice !

| Sun 11 Apr 2021 11:21:29 #12 |
  3. DarrenHill

DarrenHill

Where do I tell which version is currently running on my Aura?

I was included into the beta program a couple of weeks ago, but i don't seem to have an update available today?

So I can see if something has gone wrong or if it updated without me noticing somehow.

| Sun 11 Apr 2021 12:21:08 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

DarrenHill - 19 mins ago  » 
    I was included into the beta program a couple of weeks ago, but i don't seem to have an update available today?
    So I can see if something has gone wrong or if it updated without me noticing somehow.

Freeview Play - settings (cog). - Freeview Play preferences. Scroll to system information - press OK

| Sun 11 Apr 2021 12:41:56 #14 |
  5. brian

brian

special member

DarrenHill - 19 mins ago  » 

Look in Settings > Freeview Play Preference > System Information

The latest version is 1.01_76_210410_aa944987 with date Apr 10,2021 04:42:15pm.

| Sun 11 Apr 2021 12:44:41 #15 |
  6. DarrenHill

DarrenHill

OK thanks both. That's what I've got.

Looks like it updated itself without any notification

| Sun 11 Apr 2021 12:58:11 #16 |
  7. Mars

Mars

special member

Once again the Aura has crashed while casting Now TV (Sky Sports) after about two hours. I was recording Wycliffe on ITV3 at the time and it managed to crash and restart between episodes (unless that was the trigger).

| Sun 11 Apr 2021 12:59:44 #17 |
  8. Mars

Mars

special member

• Recording List focus issue when deleting recordings.

This seems to be working correctly now.

| Sun 11 Apr 2021 13:02:30 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

ShaunIOW

Has padding recordings not working been reported/fixed? I record a program on CBS Justice overnight and it says it's 45 minutes long and the end is cut-off, so I set padding at 5 minutes to add to the end and it still only records 45 minutes and misses the end.

Cheers

| Sun 11 Apr 2021 13:37:28 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd1302

ShaunIOW - 8 mins ago  » 
    Has padding recordings not working been reported/fixed? I record a program on CBS Justice overnight and it says it's 45 minutes long and the end is cut-off, so I set padding at 5 minutes to add to the end and it still only records 45 minutes and misses the end.
    Cheers

I think that's to do with CBS Justice not sending the recording "flags" out at the right time.

I had this on the HDR-1000S when recording "The Fugitive" before Christmas, where the ending would be cut off daily.

It got so bad, I ended up manually setting the recording for over an hour to make sure the full episode was captured.

It would be handy (perhaps a suggestion for a future update?) if an individual timer setting could be overridden for programmes set, within the "schedule" part of the menu as a belt & braces (i.e. change from "Auto" to x amount of minutes after)

Some broadcasters seem to be better than others for sending accurate recording flags.

ITV also went through similar a few Years ago for a while, which was ruddy annoying when you got to 55 minutes into an hours drama & the ending got cut off.

I know there's catchup, but even so it's a bit of a faff & catchups have a habit of expiring..

| Sun 11 Apr 2021 13:52:22 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.