My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Beta software dated 12.04.21 - comments

(75 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ShaunIOW

andyd1302 - 6 mins ago  » 

ShaunIOW - 8 mins ago  » 
    Has padding recordings not working been reported/fixed? I record a program on CBS Justice overnight and it says it's 45 minutes long and the end is cut-off, so I set padding at 5 minutes to add to the end and it still only records 45 minutes and misses the end.
    Cheers

I think that's to do with CBS Justice not sending the recording "flags" out at the right time.
    I had this on the HDR-1000S when recording "The Fugitive" before Christmas, where the ending would be cut off daily.
    It got so bad, I ended up manually setting the recording for over an hour to make sure the full episode was captured.
    It would be handy (perhaps a suggestion for a future update?) if the Aura timer setting could be overridden for individual programmes within the "schedule" part of the recordings menu as a belt & braces to make sure.
    Some broadcasters seem to be better than others for sending accurate recording flags.
    ITV also went through similar a few Years ago for a while, which was ruddy annoying when you got to 55 minutes into an hours drama & the end cut off

Thanks for the reply.

Yes it is CBS Justice' fault, but I thought the idea of the padding was to over-ride them ending the recording and add a few minutes?

| Sun 11 Apr 2021 14:00:13 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd1302

ShaunIOW - 3 mins ago  » 

ShaunIOW - 8 mins ago  » 
    Has padding recordings not working been reported/fixed? I record a program on CBS Justice overnight and it says it's 45 minutes long and the end is cut-off, so I set padding at 5 minutes to add to the end and it still only records 45 minutes and misses the end.
    Cheers

I think that's to do with CBS Justice not sending the recording "flags" out at the right time.
    I had this on the HDR-1000S when recording "The Fugitive" before Christmas, where the ending would be cut off daily.
    It got so bad, I ended up manually setting the recording for over an hour to make sure the full episode was captured.
    It would be handy (perhaps a suggestion for a future update?) if the Aura timer setting could be overridden for individual programmes within the "schedule" part of the recordings menu as a belt & braces to make sure.
    Some broadcasters seem to be better than others for sending accurate recording flags.
    ITV also went through similar a few Years ago for a while, which was ruddy annoying when you got to 55 minutes into an hours drama & the end cut off

Thanks for the reply.
    Yes it is CBS Justice' fault, but I thought the idea of the padding was to over-ride them ending the recording and add a few minutes?

It should work if you've set it to pad for x minutes in "Record & Share".

If it's on Auto (beginning & end), the Aura will go by the broadcasters flags by default & stick with them.

I don't think theres any way of adjusting the default for individual programmes, though with the different betas I might have missed it!

As far as I know its all or nothing, "Auto" or every recording to pad for x amount of minutes (beginning or end), but it might help in the case of CBS Justice if you've set them separately.

That's why it would be handy having the ability to override in the timer schedule.

Or alternatively, getting in touch with CBS via Twitter might be an option?

| Sun 11 Apr 2021 14:13:45 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ShaunIOW

andyd1302 - 9 mins ago  » 

ShaunIOW - 3 mins ago  » 

ShaunIOW - 8 mins ago  » 
    Cheers

Thanks for the reply.

If it's on Auto (beginning & end), the Aura will go by the broadcasters flags by default & stick with it.
    I don't think theres any way of adjusting the default for individual programmes, though with the different betas I might have missed it!
    As far as I know its all or nothing, every recording to pad for x amount of minutes (beginning or end), but it might help in the case of CBS Justice if you've set them separately.
    That's why it might be handy in having an override in the timer schedule.

Thats what i did in Record and Share, I set it at 5 mins extra to the ending for everything rather than auto, but it isn't adding the 5 minutes.

| Sun 11 Apr 2021 14:24:04 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd1302

ShaunIOW - 41 secs ago  » 

ShaunIOW - 3 mins ago  » 

ShaunIOW - 8 mins ago  » 
    Cheers

Thanks for the reply.

If it's on Auto (beginning & end), the Aura will go by the broadcasters flags by default & stick with it.
    As far as I know its all or nothing, every recording to pad for x amount of minutes (beginning or end), but it might help in the case of CBS Justice if you've set them separately.

Thats what i did in Record and Share, I set it at 5 mins extra to the ending for everything rather than auto, but it isn't adding the 5 minutes.

In that case I think it's another job for Barry & Humax Towers, Shaun

| Sun 11 Apr 2021 14:26:38 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Noticed that when selecting recordings (just to view recordings, I don’t select anything to watch) and I press live tv/exit to go back to live tv there is a micro pause on the live tv as it is displayed on the tv, then jumps to the actual real time live if that makes sense before it plays live tv successfully. If I instead press the back button (bottom left of OK) from within recordings it takes me back to live tv and there is no micro pause then jump.
    This was on channel 5 hd. I’ve changed channels several times and can’t replicate.

| Sun 11 Apr 2021 14:28:47 #25 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you open the schedule and select add recording at the top and press OK. You can set a completely manual recording and select a repeat pattern.

| Sun 11 Apr 2021 15:27:09 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

rollsjohn

Latest installed ok and all seems working. Font changing for guide is excellent addition and works well.

| Sun 11 Apr 2021 15:31:36 #27 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

andyd1302 - 1 hour ago  » 

ShaunIOW - 41 secs ago  » 

ShaunIOW - 3 mins ago  » 

ShaunIOW - 8 mins ago  » 
    Cheers

Thanks for the reply.

In that case I think it's another job for Barry & Humax Towers, Shaun

See https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/aura-beta-software-dated-100421/page/3#post-89381

Padding a recording cannot possibly work if a recording starts much later than scheduled. The box looks at the scheduled time and adjusts it so it wakes up at that time. As the actual start is a future event how long do want it to wait for a programme which may not even be transmitted.

| Sun 11 Apr 2021 15:37:03 #28 |
  9. barrados

barrados

boogersa - 1 hour ago  » 
    Noticed that when selecting recordings (just to view recordings, I don’t select anything to watch) and I press live tv/exit to go back to live tv there is a micro pause on the live tv as it is displayed on the tv, then jumps to the actual real time live if that makes sense before it plays live tv successfully. If I instead press the back button (bottom left of OK) from within recordings it takes me back to live tv and there is no micro pause then jump.
    This was on channel 5 hd. I’ve changed channels several times and can’t replicate.

I've tried several times to replicate, but no pause at all switching back with the live TV button.

| Sun 11 Apr 2021 15:45:09 #29 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ITV-HD have a similar issue with Fridays cancelled Episodes.

Emmerdale 19:00 Monday 12th can only be set as a one off. The following Corrie has the series recording flag in the epg. Tuesdays Emmerdale is series flagged.

| Sun 11 Apr 2021 15:52:56 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.