My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Beta software dated 13.03.21

(36 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

peterukwp

Last night switched from youtube to BBC1 HD Masterchef during this program I had 16 pixellations about 1 sec each. When the news started a soft reset stopped pixellations.

| Tue 16 Mar 2021 9:39:25 #21 |
  2. Mars

Mars

special member

Mars - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have a series record for Frasier on Ch4HD and the record icons are showing until Friday. There are none on Monday of next week and it is not in the Schedule, but my Panasonic Freeview Recorder is showing all the recordings this week and next week.

As each recording of Frasier finished this morning, a record icon appeared for next Monday! Is there a limit of 12 on the number of scheduled programmes in a series recording? There are three episodes of Frasier each weekday.

| Tue 16 Mar 2021 11:15:46 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ajr37

This may not be related to the beta and I realise it has been discussed elsewhere as a possible Android bug but:

- as far as the Aura showing 'ethernet is not connected' when it actually is;

- simply by toggling wifi to on even with no active connection then it shows as 'ethernet connected' .

This happens for me reliably for the moment even after all the wifi networks I had tested are forgotten using the relevant option.

As it suits me to have an ethernet connection, I now have a happier situation as the device is reporting correctly and I have my network connected as I wish.

Plus I can (I hope) rule out any local network connection issues as contributing to the pixellation I get from the apparently slightly less sensitive tuners on the Aura for the marginal signals I get on low power Muxes from Rowridge. (less sensitive than my previous Humax HDR-FOX-T2)

| Tue 16 Mar 2021 12:03:46 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

ParksidePeter

ajr37 - 1 hour ago  » 
    This may not be related to the beta and I realise it has been discussed elsewhere as a possible Android bug but:
    - simply by toggling wifi to on even with no active connection then it shows as 'ethernet connected' .
    This happens for me reliably for the moment even after all the wifi networks I had tested are forgotten using the relevant option.

Thanks. I'll try it later and report back.

| Tue 16 Mar 2021 13:13:05 #24 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Mars - 6 hours ago  » 

Mars - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have a series record for Frasier on Ch4HD and the record icons are showing until Friday. There are none on Monday of next week and it is not in the Schedule, but my Panasonic Freeview Recorder is showing all the recordings this week and next week.

As each recording of Frasier finished this morning, a record icon appeared for next Monday! Is there a limit of 12 on the number of scheduled programmes in a series recording? There are three episodes of Frasier each weekday.

An interesting observation, having set the same timer as a test, all episodes up to and including next Monday appear in schedule, and have rec icon in guide...

Tues episodes do not appear in schedule and therefore no record icon.

Is it a limit or is it because next Tues is 8th day in guide?

Questions put to contact @ Humax Towers.

Edit: With thanks to Humax Towers for instant response...

There is a limit of 12, as one is removed another will be added.

| Tue 16 Mar 2021 18:03:13 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd1302

peterukwp - 12 hours ago  » 
    Last night switched from youtube to BBC1 HD Masterchef during this program I had 16 pixellations about 1 sec each. When the news started a soft reset stopped pixellations.

Pixellation today (16/03) for first few seconds of Channel 4 HD "Four in a Bed" & at 10 minute interval.

(Moel-y-Parc CH42 DVB-T2 - 66% Strength / 100% Quality)

Also sound error (like a 'pop' on a record) on BBC1 HD / Channel 5 HD & pixellation when setting timer recordings from guide when watching Live TV.

Also pixellation/sound error when timer record activated from broadcaster.

Bizarrely, when trying to view BBC News HD when recording 2 programmes but stopping recording part-way through, error message..

"Cannot change the channel while recording or streaming" after box finished recording & box then couldn't access most muxes.

Standby on/off didn't clear mux access issue, unplug did.

On reconnection, pixellation and picture stutter for a few seconds during programme information update.

Within latest Beta program.

| Tue 16 Mar 2021 22:48:51 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

ceri

Got my unit connected by ethernet. Status showed not connected, even though I can see it on the network and all the on demand services work...
    Tried the tip shared by ajr37 and it now shows as connected

| Tue 16 Mar 2021 22:57:45 #27 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Barry - 17 hours ago  » 

Mars - 6 hours ago  » 

Mars - 1 hour ago  » 

An interesting observation, having set the same timer as a test, all episodes up to and including next Monday appear in schedule, and have rec icon in guide...
    Tues episodes do not appear in schedule and therefore no record icon.
    Is it a limit or is it because next Tues is 8th day in guide?
    Questions put to contact @ Humax Towers.
    Edit: With thanks to Humax Towers for instant response...
    There is a limit of 12, as one is removed another will be added.

and

Watching the schedule and guide this morning, indeed as one programme is recorded, another is added to schedule and rec icon appears in guide

| Wed 17 Mar 2021 11:05:46 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

ParksidePeter

ParksidePeter - 1 day ago  » 

ajr37 - 1 hour ago  » 

Thanks. I'll try it later and report back.

Agreed. Toggling wifi to on changed the ethernet status to connected.

| Wed 17 Mar 2021 13:54:37 #29 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Re the internet connection see my earlier post:

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/aura-beta-software-dated-020321/page/6?view=all#post-87658

and as this is being reported again have posted an FAQ

| Wed 17 Mar 2021 15:41:01 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.