My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Dolby Atmos Support

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

stoneblade

Hi all,

Ive been trying to set up Atmos stream from apps this morning (Disney and Plex) but no Atmos signals seem to be being passed through to my av receiver. As a test I have selected settings - device preferences - sounds and chosen manual, only selecting Dolby Atmos. But Disney won't show the Atmos icon on the description, and only plays as DD 5.1.

I did read somewhere that the aura can pass through Atmos but the apps can't detect it has that capability. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

| Sat 27 Mar 2021 8:02:03 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Not everything on Disney+ is broadcast in Atmos.

| Sat 27 Mar 2021 9:07:50 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Marvel The New Winter Soldier movie has Atmos audio just tried using a 4K firestick.

| Sat 27 Mar 2021 10:16:47 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Yan2k

My experience so far has been

Disney+ = no Atmos support either because of Humax or disney but hopefully will be enabled in a future update

Plex = No Atmos or DD True HD even with audio passthrough set to ON plex on the Aura doesn't seem to handle Audio very well

on a side note Amazon prime does support Atmos at least in a DD++Atmos format

| Mon 29 Mar 2021 6:47:47 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Yan2k - 2 hours ago  » 
    My experience so far has been
    Disney+ = no Atmos support either because of Humax or disney but hopefully will be enabled in a future update
    Plex = No Atmos or DD True HD even with audio passthrough set to ON plex on the Aura doesn't seem to handle Audio very well
    on a side note Amazon prime does support Atmos at least in a DD++Atmos format

That's the format used by all Atmos audio. The 3D data is a seperate data stream on top of DD+.

| Mon 29 Mar 2021 8:50:06 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Yan2k

While I am certainly not all knowing in this I believe you are not entirely correct.

you have DD++Atmos so 5.1 surround + Atmos
    you also have
    TrueHD+Atmos so 7.1 + Atmos

I have a number of video files in different video format and audio format and it is the 7.1+Atmos signal that is not being passed onto my 11.2 AV Receiver I am refereeing too

| Mon 29 Mar 2021 11:46:34 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Yan2k - 13 mins ago  » 
    While I am certainly not all knowing in this I believe you are not entirely correct.
    you have DD++Atmos so 5.1 surround + Atmos
    you also have
    TrueHD+Atmos so 7.1 + Atmos
    I have a number of video files in different video format and audio format and it is the 7.1+Atmos signal that is not being passed onto my 11.2 AV Receiver I am refereeing too

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/dolby-atmos-sound/

| Mon 29 Mar 2021 11:59:58 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Yan2k

interesting read and pretty much confirms what I'd said

whilst the Aura does have options in device settings->sound for DD-trueHD and DTS-HD its not passing on this to my AV receiver at least not via Plex.

its most likely a combination of the two, possibly more on the plex side that's the issue.

Got me thinking though, will try connecting my USB HD and see how it handles various files that way when I have time.

| Mon 29 Mar 2021 12:52:00 #8 |
  9. The Moog

The Moog

Plex on Android TV should be able to pass all of the high definition audio formats, so this shouldn't be a limitation. The Nvidia Shield runs Plex on Android TV and can pass all of these formats correctly to an AV receiver.

I run a local Plex server and currently can't get the the Plex client on the Aura to correctly pass these formats to my AVR, regardless of what the relevant Aura and Plex options are set to.

| Tue 30 Mar 2021 14:27:49 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Yan2k - 1 day ago  » 
    interesting read and pretty much confirms what I'd said
    whilst the Aura does have options in device settings->sound for DD-trueHD and DTS-HD its not passing on this to my AV receiver at least not via Plex.
    its most likely a combination of the two, possibly more on the plex side that's the issue.
    Got me thinking though, will try connecting my USB HD and see how it handles various files that way when I have time.

Is your Aura connected directly to your AVR or is it via the TV? If the latter, it may be that your TV is not capable of passthrough for Atmos?

| Tue 30 Mar 2021 14:33:26 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.