My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Opens up Home Page when switching on

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyppy

Hello. This isn’t a major issue, just annoying.
    I’ve had my Aura for over a year, but the last couple of months when I switch it on from standby it opens on the Home Page. I haven’t messed around with the settings and it’s still recording. I’m just wondering why all of a sudden it’s opening on the Home page instead of the channel I was watching before turning it off.
    Thanks

| Thu 22 Aug 2024 0:27:01 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

Mine often does the same and I've no idea why. Then sometimes when trying to get to live TV it takes ages, or doesn't work at all.

| Thu 22 Aug 2024 6:21:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Mine opens up whatever I was last watching.

If I was watching live TV or recordings it open up Live TV, but if I was watching any Apps it opens on the Home Screen.

| Thu 22 Aug 2024 9:43:51 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyppy

Harters - 3 hours ago  » 
    Mine opens up whatever I was last watching.
    If I was watching live TV or recordings it open up Live TV, but if I was watching any Apps it opens on the Home Screen.

That’s what mine always used to do. If I was watching ITV it would open on ITV etc.

| Thu 22 Aug 2024 13:21:16 #4 |
  5. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Which standby option are you using? If you are putting it into Deep Standby, this Home screen behaviour seems to be more prevalent. I also find that uninstalling any unwanted apps (including catchup services iPlayer, ITVX, 4 and 5) considerably improves the general stability of the Aura.

| Thu 22 Aug 2024 14:29:46 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I use deep standby on a schedule.

Midnight to 3PM

| Thu 22 Aug 2024 19:04:06 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyppy

Geoff_W - 8 hours ago  » 
    Which standby option are you using? If you are putting it into Deep Standby, this Home screen behaviour seems to be more prevalent. I also find that uninstalling any unwanted apps (including catchup services iPlayer, ITVX, 4 and 5) considerably improves the general stability of the Aura.

I’m not sure, sorry. I just press the stand by button top right on the remote control.

| Thu 22 Aug 2024 22:46:44 #7 |
  8. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

lyppy - 17 hours ago  » 

Geoff_W - 8 hours ago  » 

I’m not sure, sorry. I just press the stand by button top right on the remote control.

If your Aura is going into Deep Standby then, on switch on, you will see the Android start up screen (a row of changing, coloured symbols) followed by a large, rotating white ring, after which the Aura either starts up on a TV channel or the Home Screen. This process takes at least 1 minute, sometimes longer. If the Aura is only going into normal standby, then you will only see the white ring and startup should take less than 30 seconds. The only reason to use Deep Standby is to save a tiny bit of electricity compared to normal standby. I find the problems caused by using Deep Standby far outweigh the savings.

In Settings, go to Freeview Preferences and under the Power Management section you will find Deep Standby. This has the options of Never, 30mins, 1hr, 2hrs or Set by Start and End Times. If you choose the latter option, the Deep Standby Schedule is no longer greyed out and you can set up your chosen Start/Stop times. My Deep Standby is set to Never. I seem to remember that if Deep Standby is set to anything other than Never, a long press of the On/Off button puts the Aura into Deep Standby. A short press of this button puts it into normal standby.

Hope this helps a bit.

| Fri 23 Aug 2024 16:51:50 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyppy

Geoff_W - 2 hours ago  » 

lyppy - 17 hours ago  » 

Geoff_W - 8 hours ago  » 

If your Aura is going into Deep Standby then, on switch on, you will see the Android start up screen (a row of changing, coloured symbols) followed by a large, rotating white ring, after which the Aura either starts up on a TV channel or the Home Screen. This process takes at least 1 minute, sometimes longer. If the Aura is only going into normal standby, then you will only see the white ring and startup should take less than 30 seconds. The only reason to use Deep Standby is to save a tiny bit of electricity compared to normal standby. I find the problems caused by using Deep Standby far outweigh the savings.
    In Settings, go to Freeview Preferences and under the Power Management section you will find Deep Standby. This has the options of Never, 30mins, 1hr, 2hrs or Set by Start and End Times. If you choose the latter option, the Deep Standby Schedule is no longer greyed out and you can set up your chosen Start/Stop times. My Deep Standby is set to Never. I seem to remember that if Deep Standby is set to anything other than Never, a long press of the On/Off button puts the Aura into Deep Standby. A short press of this button puts it into normal standby.
    Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks. It’s not Deep Standby

| Fri 23 Aug 2024 19:07:39 #9 |
  10. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

Geoff_W - 2 days ago  » 

lyppy - 17 hours ago  » 

Geoff_W - 8 hours ago  » 

Hope this helps a bit.

Are we sure the Android startup process only happens on deep standby? Both my aura boxes do that Android process on first start up of the day and neither is set to deep standby.

The Google home page seems to default on start up when I haven't done a Freeview reset for a while. It's annoying as I want the Humax box to act primarily as a tv recorder not a google portal.

| Mon 26 Aug 2024 11:49:24 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.