My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura powers on but no HDMI output

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Glennsh

Afternoon all I hope one of you could help me please. Since yesterday my Aura has stopped outputting any HDMI signal. The box powers up (blue light) and even turns the TV on but no longer displays any output on the screen. I've tried unplugging and leaving it a while then restarting but no difference. Is there a way of doing a full reset without going through the on screen display?
    Thanks in advance
    Glenn

| Sat 18 Nov 2023 14:56:56 #1 |
  2. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

Have you checked the cdmi cable is fully in the socket? Take it out and put in again. Is the cable damaged at all?

Have you tried rebooting the apps? Press the Freeview button, do you see the Freeview home page? go along the top red menus to the power symbol on far right then down to restart apps.

If that doesn't work then try Freeview reset. if no joy then Factory reset.

| Mon 20 Nov 2023 15:23:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Glennsh

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, unfortunately I've tried 2 different cables in 2 different TVs and same outcome. The TV will fire up when I switch on the Aura but then just says no HDMI signal. This then means I can't try any of your other suggestions as I haver no on screen display to work with
    Really stuck!
    Thanks again
    Glenn

| Tue 21 Nov 2023 10:23:30 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

When trying different cables with the Aura to the TV have you also tried using a different HDMI input on the TV.

Where does the error message display, if it is in the middle of the screen with two white horizontal lines above and below, this could be the Aura suggesting the digital 'handshake' between the TV and the Aura has failed.
    This can happen when both are being switched on at the same time, try switching one on before the other.

Just to clarify have you also tried the Aura with an alternative TV?

| Tue 21 Nov 2023 11:07:37 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Glennsh

Thanks for the reply. Yes can confirm I've tried different TVs, different cables and different HDMI inputs the only message on either TV is no HDMI signal what I can't understand is if the HDMI port on the Humax is borked then why does it take the TV up? Very odd!
    Thanks
    PS I tried your suggestion of turning TV on at a different time but same result

| Tue 21 Nov 2023 15:39:06 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.