My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura software dated 12.04.21 - comments

(139 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

richard_dotnet

barrados - 7 mins ago  » 
    Yes but we pay good money for equipment and then get bombarded with adverts, my LG TV is the same.
    Abandon the the homescreen,, hit the freeview button and get everything from there.

Agreed. I have a Kindle (well, several) but pay the bit extra not to get the ads. The same is true of the apps on my phone.

| Fri 23 Apr 2021 13:50:16 #121 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

ShaunIOW

brian - 1 day ago  » 

Ant71 - 14 mins ago  » 
    Sure someone has probably asked already but google home page has updated and I seem to be getting disney+ shows advert at the top of the screen. I don't have disney+ so it's irrelevant. Anyone know if this can be changed or removed?
    Thanks

Look in Settings > Device Preferences > Home screen > Customise services
    You should be able to unselect Disney+, and then press Confirm.

In mine I have Amazon Prime and Disney+ in Services, both unselected, and it dosen't matter if Disney is unselected it hangs around like a bad smell. I did get rid of it before but this lastest update has brought it back again and it's bloody annoying - in fact forcing this advertising makes me more determined not to use the services on principle, rather than use them.

Since the update I get Disney+ on the top row, my favourite apps on the 2nd row, and Google Play movie recomendations on the third row, and a cusomise channels button on the fourth row, when all i want on my home screen is favoourite apps (be nice to have them in a grid rather than scrolling off screen) and continue playing what I was last watching on Plex as i don't subscribe to Disney+ and I don't buy films from Google unless in a sale and very cheap, so it would be nice to remove these from the Home screen as they're still there in Discover anyway.

| Fri 23 Apr 2021 22:43:33 #122 |
  3. Manclad

Manclad

Over the past couple of days I've started seeing an "old" problem which I thought had been resolved by the recent beta update... when I pause live tv, then start it again it jumps back to previous programme.
    Did it today, I paused Money For Nothing on BBC1HD, but when I started it again a minute later, it was showing the previous programme, Escape To The Country.
    Last night, paused Line Of Duty on BBC1HD, when I started again a couple of minutes later, it jumped back to Call The Midwife.

Very frustrating then having to scramble going to Live TV, then rewinding until I get to the point I paused originally.

| Mon 26 Apr 2021 16:13:26 #123 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gizmo247

Even though the Deep Standy option is disabled - the box still goes into Deep Standby after a while. I don’t interact with the box for days at a time and then when I do it takes forever to start up. Please could you make it obey the Deep Standby setting correctly.

This only started happening with this update. It is very annoying because the DLNA serice shuts down too and takes a long time to start up again.

| Mon 26 Apr 2021 22:39:12 #124 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Gizmo247 - 11 hours ago  » 
    Even though the Deep Standy option is disabled - the box still goes into Deep Standby after a while. I don’t interact with the box for days at a time and then when I do it takes forever to start up. Please could you make it obey the Deep Standby setting correctly.
    This only started happening with this update. It is very annoying because the DLNA serice shuts down too and takes a long time to start up again.

Set a timer schedule to put the box in deep sby overnight and wake up before you want to use it. I have mine set to go into deep from midnight to 06:30 so I can watch live Breakfast TV on my Samsung tablet.

FVP- Settings (red cog) - Freeview play preferences - down to Deep Standby schedule.

| Tue 27 Apr 2021 9:44:38 #125 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

RatherLargeZed

Just performed my first ever Channel rescan in the Aura since having this new software loaded. I now have a problem viewing the HD channels on my PC using VLC, when looking using the UPnP browse feature. I can view the SD channels fine but not the HD channels. I've done a hard reset / power off on the Aura but it makes no difference. I was able to view the HD channels using VLC fine before the channel retune. Anybody else experienced this / any ideas?

| Tue 27 Apr 2021 18:07:33 #126 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

RatherLargeZed - 22 mins ago  » 
    Just performed my first ever Channel rescan in the Aura since having this new software loaded. I now have a problem viewing the HD channels on my PC using VLC, when looking using the UPnP browse feature. I can view the SD channels fine but not the HD channels. I've done a hard reset / power off on the Aura but it makes no difference. I was able to view the HD channels using VLC fine before the channel retune. Anybody else experienced this / any ideas?

I take it you can see and record the HD channels using the actual box ? Can you view the HD recordings using VLC on a PC.

I have the latest and just viewed BBC1-HD live on my Windows 10 PC using VLC no problems.

Do you have a Android or IOS mobile device ?

Bubble upnp plus VLC will also play the HD channels live on my Samsung tablet.

You haven't by any chance picked up duplicate channels on a auto re-tune ?

| Tue 27 Apr 2021 18:41:04 #127 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

RatherLargeZed

grahamlthompson - 12 hours ago  » 

I take it you can see and record the HD channels using the actual box ? Can you view the HD recordings using VLC on a PC.
    I have the latest and just viewed BBC1-HD live on my Windows 10 PC using VLC no problems.

I'm not sure what happened there. I performed a restart from the settings option and all is fine again. Sorry for the trouble.

| Wed 28 Apr 2021 6:53:25 #128 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

RatherLargeZed - 2 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 12 hours ago  » 

I'm not sure what happened there. I performed a restart from the settings option and all is fine again. Sorry for the trouble.

no problem - Happy you have sorted it out.

| Wed 28 Apr 2021 9:10:24 #129 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

FunGuysUK

Two issues (not sure if these appeared after update or not)
    1. TV sound has almost doubled - Amazon as normal
    2. When in playback it often stops and restarts program from beginning.

| Fri 30 Apr 2021 13:35:56 #130 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.