My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura software dated 12.04.21 - comments

(139 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Asus1964 - 1 hour ago  » 
    The Aura has just gone to a black screen, I can hear the sound playing from the live channels but just seeing a black screen.
    I've tried pressing the Live TV on the remote but still getting no picture. A reboot of the unit brings up the picture for around ten seconds before the screen again goes black. Home screen button doesnt bring up a picture so I cant access any of the menus to try a reset.
    Its been running fine since the it took the last beta update so i'm unsure as to whether thats related.
    I would be grateful for any thoughts on what to try.

Have you added any apps to your unit eg 'Notifications for Android TV' per chance (and btw if anyone else has this installed then recommendation is to uninstall before you hit problems as well)

If so uninstall it, if you cannot do that see the Android Recovery FAQ

Save your schedule/settings to the internal HDD by using the 'Export User Preferences' function in Freeview Play Preferences before hand, then Import when reset completed.

| Wed 14 Apr 2021 19:19:49 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

Mattsan1 - 13 mins ago  » 
    Is there a way to tell if my box has updated? (seen no sign of any notifications or update notes but some of the functionality listed at the start of this thread seems to be in the menus)
    What is the new firmware version number?
    Thanks

Go to settings then Freeview Play Preference stroll down to System Information press ok.
    Firmware version 00.09.14.Update date April 12.

| Wed 14 Apr 2021 19:34:31 #22 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

bampsam - 4 mins ago  » 

Mattsan1 - 13 mins ago  » 
    Is there a way to tell if my box has updated? (seen no sign of any notifications or update notes but some of the functionality listed at the start of this thread seems to be in the menus)
    What is the new firmware version number?
    Thanks

Go to settings then Freeview Play Preference stroll down to System Information press ok.
    Firmware version 00.09.14.Update date April 12.

It's the application details on the line above that is needed.

The firmware detail have not changed.

| Wed 14 Apr 2021 19:39:28 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ozz

I've received the update and changed the setting for upnp (only) but the server doesn't appear on my phone via bubble upnp or on windows 10. I've tried a restart, but there's no change

Any ideas?

| Wed 14 Apr 2021 19:40:28 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

itsallgood

My Aura has updated and has been playing fine until this evening. Everything that plays now, live TV, recordings, video from USB even mp3 files the sound cuts out and the video pauses every 30 seconds or so. I have changed none of the settings and I have pulled the plug and left it for 5 minutes and then rebooted but it is still the same.
    Please help!

| Wed 14 Apr 2021 19:49:48 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Tonight I decided to do an automatic channel search. After it did the aura would not leave the Home Screen. It would not play any apps or live tv. Nothing. Tried an unplug and that did not resolve. Had to do a factory reset to get it up and working but then had to auto scan channels, etc. All working fine so far.

| Wed 14 Apr 2021 20:02:45 #26 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Ozz - 25 mins ago  » 
    I've received the update and changed the setting for upnp (only) but the server doesn't appear on my phone via bubble upnp or on windows 10. I've tried a restart, but there's no change
    Any ideas?

Phone ios or android

Not sure what changed the settings for upnp only means

Turn on Network Server in Settings > Record & Share > Home Network.

First confirm you have the update

Confirm the application version.

Confirm you have VLC installed on your windows 10 PC.

Confirm the box has an internet connection ?

| Wed 14 Apr 2021 20:10:14 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Asus1964

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 

Asus1964 - 3 mins ago  » 
    The Aura has just gone to a black screen, I can hear the sound playing from the live channels but just seeing a black screen.
    I've tried pressing the Live TV on the remote but still getting no picture. A reboot of the unit brings up the picture for around ten seconds before the screen again goes black. Home screen button doesnt bring up a picture so I cant access any of the menus to try a reset.
    Its been running fine since the it took the last beta update so i'm unsure as to whether thats related.
    I would be grateful for any thoughts on what to try.

What did you mean by reboot ? Try pulling the power plug out the back leave it out for a minute or so and replace it.

Sorry, that's what I meant when I said reboot. I have pulled the plug several times but get the same result each time on restarting.

| Wed 14 Apr 2021 20:22:11 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

MickO

Yay!
    OpenVPN access to home and Aura app works!

| Wed 14 Apr 2021 20:23:16 #29 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MickO - 1 min ago  » 
    Yay!
    OpenVPN access to home and Aura app works!

VLC on a PC should find the server under the upnp option

| Wed 14 Apr 2021 20:26:02 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.