My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura software dated 12.04.21 - comments

(139 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Asus1964

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 

Asus1964 - 1 hour ago  » 
    The Aura has just gone to a black screen, I can hear the sound playing from the live channels but just seeing a black screen.
    I've tried pressing the Live TV on the remote but still getting no picture. A reboot of the unit brings up the picture for around ten seconds before the screen again goes black. Home screen button doesnt bring up a picture so I cant access any of the menus to try a reset.
    Its been running fine since the it took the last beta update so i'm unsure as to whether thats related.
    I would be grateful for any thoughts on what to try.

Have you added any apps to your unit eg 'Notifications for Android TV' per chance (and btw if anyone else has this installed then recommendation is to uninstall before you hit problems as well)
    If so uninstall it, if you cannot do that see the Android Recovery FAQ
    Save your schedule/settings to the internal HDD by using the 'Export User Preferences' function in Freeview Play Preferences before hand, then Import when reset completed.

I've not added any apps for a while as I have it set up now as I want it. I have just started night shift so will have a look at what you have suggested in the morning. Many thanks.

| Wed 14 Apr 2021 20:26:05 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ozz

grahamlthompson - 30 mins ago  » 

Ozz - 25 mins ago  » 
    I've received the update and changed the setting for upnp (only) but the server doesn't appear on my phone via bubble upnp or on windows 10. I've tried a restart, but there's no change
    Any ideas?

Phone ios or android
    Not sure what changed the settings for upnp only means
    Turn on Network Server in Settings > Record & Share > Home Network.
    First confirm you have the update
    Go to settings then Freeview Play Preference stroll down to System Information press ok.
    Confirm the application version.
    Confirm you have VLC installed on your windows 10 PC.
    Confirm the box has an internet connection ?

Got it working. Thanks for your help.

I just turned the network server setting off and on and it came up with the android prompt saying do I allow aura to access the file system. Hitting approve has done the job. Somehow that didn't come up the first time.

| Wed 14 Apr 2021 20:40:32 #32 |
  3. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

I use a logitech harmony ir remote and the first time after a power on I use the guide button it doesn't work. I have to try holding it down for a second or so. Subsequent uses are fine and display the guide after a short press. This doesn't seem the same with the supplied humax remote when paired.

| Thu 15 Apr 2021 7:27:04 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd1302

Working well overall after last beta, but still sadly having issues with pixellation on occasion.

This time it happened when the "OK" button was pressed to call up the mini guide at the bottom of the screen, during the news on BBC1 HD.

Pixellation & sound errors for a few seconds before picture returned to normal at the precise moment remote was pressed.

Thought I'd then call up the "Guide" from BBC1 HD & the Aura had a meltdown (again at precise moment remote was pressed). Picture pixellated badly, then blank screen for about 5 seconds & "Receiver is not receiving a signal" error.

Picture returned, pixellated for another few seconds & everything then returned to normal, mini-guide from OK & main guide then working as normal.

Signal seems OK though (70% strength/100% quality via attenuator & LAN connected).

Another incident worthy of a mention is watching a Plex recording from NAS, on pressing the skip forward 10 seconds while in app (>) caused a almighty wall of white noise through the amp (connected via Toslink).

Certainly woke me from near slumber with a jolt when it seemed as if 240 volts was going right through me (subwoofer also active, so you can imagine the degree of jolt)

Funny on this occasion as no harm done, but not cool if it's going to happen a lot as it was the first real test of Plex via Humax & amp.

All things considered though, the latest updates feel like progress..

| Thu 15 Apr 2021 8:58:44 #34 |
  5. Mars

Mars

special member

mhargreaves - 1 hour ago  » 
    I use a logitech harmony ir remote and the first time after a power on I use the guide button it doesn't work. I have to try holding it down for a second or so. Subsequent uses are fine and display the guide after a short press. This doesn't seem the same with the supplied humax remote when paired.

I also use a Harmony remote. I replicated this by pressing Guide as soon as an image appeared on the TV, but there was no problem if I waited a few seconds. Presumably your Harmony is controlling multiple devices so this may be the reason for the delay. As a test, have you tried switching everything else on first and then switching on the Aura?

| Thu 15 Apr 2021 9:10:21 #35 |
  6. davidrew

davidrew

special member

The issue with the Top Level Schedule list showing an old programme title for a series that changes names, such as the F1 races, is still happening.

The box is also still getting confused when schedules change. For example, the new Repair Shop series on BBC1HD has been delayed until next week, the guide was all correct but I still ended up with MasterChef recorded. It also missed the Part 1 episode of EastEnders on Monday which was delayed from Friday but recorded Part 2 fine. Another oddity was it recorded two identical copies of Location, Location, Location off 4HD yesterday.

Attachments

1. Schedule_Folder.jpg (529.3 KB, 3 downloads) 3 years old
    2. Schedule_Top.jpg (618.1 KB, 3 downloads) 3 years old
    | Thu 15 Apr 2021 10:17:47 #36 |
  7. davidrew

davidrew

special member

davidrew - 1 hour ago  » 
    The issue with the Top Level Schedule list showing an old programme title for a series that changes names, such as the F1 races, is still happening.
    The box is also still getting confused when schedules change. For example, the new Repair Shop series on BBC1HD has been delayed until next week, the guide was all correct but I still ended up with MasterChef recorded. It also missed the Part 1 episode of EastEnders on Monday which was delayed from Friday but recorded Part 2 fine. Another oddity was it recorded two identical copies of Location, Location, Location off 4HD yesterday.

Had a closer look at the Schedule issue and it only appears to happen when a programme drops to the zero programme list when no further episode is scheduled in the next 7 days. I don't think the top level title ever gets changed again after it enters the zero list, where is does change if a future episode is picked-up immediately. The F1 example is good as I did record the Qualifying and the name changed to Highlights for the next day but it then dropped in to the zero list due to the gap between race weekends.

| Thu 15 Apr 2021 11:31:31 #37 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

davidrew - 59 mins ago  » 

davidrew - 1 hour ago  » 

Had a closer look at the Schedule issue and it only appears to happen when a programme drops to the zero programme list when no further episode is scheduled in the next 7 days. I don't think the top level title ever gets changed again after it enters the zero list, where is does change if a future episode is picked-up immediately. The F1 example is good as I did record the Qualifying and the name changed to Highlights for the next day but it then dropped in to the zero list due to the gap between race weekends.

It's the BBC's fault. They suddenly change the series code in a series that might be something be something like 6 of 22. The following day they change the series to something different. The box has no way to relate 6 of 22 with the next that 8 of 11. No idea what will happen to episodes 7 to 22. There are dozens of examples of this.

Basically they use the original now totally inappropriate crids from the original showning creating an impossible to follow series. You can try and complain to the BBC. Despite examples they clearly do not understand how it's supposed to work.

The 4-HD problem is also a broadcaster issue. If you look carefully before the duplicate is recorded using the I button it will say no data.

If a broadcaster uses the same series CRID for programmes with different names the only name it can use is the one on the next event. ITV-HD ran a series of James Bond Movies all with the same series CRID's but different programme ones. So the foder name keeps updating up to the last event in the series.

| Thu 15 Apr 2021 12:37:10 #38 |
  9. davidrew

davidrew

special member

grahamlthompson - 5 mins ago  » 

davidrew - 59 mins ago  » 

davidrew - 1 hour ago  » 

It's the BBC's fault. They suddenly change the series code in a series that might be something be something like 6 of 22. The following day they change the series to something different. The box has no way to relate 6 of 22 with the next that 8 of 11. No idea what will happen to episodes 7 to 22. There are dozens of examples of this.
    Basically they use the original now totally inappropriate crids from the original showning creating an impossible to follow series. You can try and complain to the BBC. Despite examples they clearly do not understand how it's supposed to work.
    The 4-HD problem is also a broadcaster issue. If you look carefully before the duplicate is recorded using the I button it will say no data.

Thanks Graham, I had a feeling the CRIDS and the broadcasters messing-up were maybe to blame.

I'm assuming the Schedule Programme Title issue is not CRID and broadcaster related as the scheduled title is correct in the episode list and this is a bug? and will be looked at in the future?

| Thu 15 Apr 2021 12:49:15 #39 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I have two examples of duplicate recordings scheduled Both on ITV-HD One On Tipping point today and the other on The Chase on Saturday. In both case displaying the detailed info says no data for one of them.

I have left both to see what the outcome is.

Attachments

1. Tipping_Point_Duplicate.jpg (578.4 KB, 3 downloads) 3 years old
    | Thu 15 Apr 2021 13:37:24 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.