My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura sound mute

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bogbody

SWMBO has noticed an oddity with the sound mute.
    The Aura is connected to a Sony sound bar via the HMDMI to TV to ARC to sound bar.
    She mutes the sound as the adverts start but about 8 times out of 10 the sound turns back on of its own accord. This happens between 10 to 30 seconds into the first advert.
    If she re-mutes the sound it stays muted.
    She usualy does not want to listen to the ads so it can be a bit annoying

| Thu 18 Feb 2021 17:36:35 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Out of interest have you tried using the TV remote audio mute button ?

| Thu 18 Feb 2021 22:35:02 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bogbody

Yes, just the same.
    We only watch tv through the Aura (dont use the TV tuner).
    Used a dtr2xxx youview box before that, didn't un-mute.

I should add that ms12 is off - SWMBO did not comment about the sound un-mute before the latest firmware update

| Fri 19 Feb 2021 21:17:02 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

bogbody - 45 mins ago  » 
    Yes, just the same.
    We only watch tv through the Aura (dont use the TV tuner).
    Used a dtr2xxx youview box before that, didn't un-mute.

Nobody mentioned using the TV tuner. Your post indicated you are using the TV HDMI input from the Aura and the arc output from the TV to the the soundbar.

The loss of sound could clearly be from the HDMI input to the TV or the failure of the TV to pass the audio input to the TV to the HDMI output with arc to the the soundbar. If you turn up the TV volume or unmute can you hear the Aura ? If so the audio must be getting to the TV and failing to get to the soundbar.

That really only leaves the TV cannot pass on the audio the aura is outputting over HDMi to the arc output. Or the boxes that work are outputting a different audio format. Perhaps the channel you are viewing assuming a HD channel is using D 2.0 (stereo) like ITV-HD. And others have true DD 5.1 which the TV cannot cope with.

Or channels using DD 2.0 work and the TV cannot cope with 6 channel Dolby digital plus output or Dolby Digital 5.1.

Wht happens when you use the aura apps like Youtube, Iplayer etc. Or the paid for streaming services like Netflix etc.

| Fri 19 Feb 2021 22:19:51 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bogbody

Well .....
    No sound un-mute before the latest firmware update/ms12 turned off.
    No issues with tv/soundbar/youview for the last 2 years that the soundbar has been in use.
    No-one else commenting as having experienced a similar problem.
    So ... I'll leave it there. Its no biggie - got far more serious things to worry about.

| Sat 20 Feb 2021 12:53:23 #5 |
  6. woodbar

woodbar

Talking of sound anomalies I am getting a burst of very loud sound through the sound bar when I am skipping the adds in a recording on the Aura - even when the sound is muted!

Say for example I am skipping forward with the R/H button (I have this set to 60 seconds) then as soon as the picture relocates to that position in the file I get this burst of sound at a high volume which, depending on the content of the program I assume, can almost sound like an explosion. It even does it when I have pressed the up arrow to get the smaller thumbnail skip search.

The Aura sound output is via the HDMI to the LG TV and is set to stereo with no multi channel.

| Mon 22 Feb 2021 1:16:32 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.