My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura suggestions to improve unit.

(207 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

1976saint

Barry - 2 days ago  » 
    There is a delete confirmation pop up.

Thanks for the reply, a conformation is fine for a 1 or group selected items but when it's your whole library I think a second pop up conformation warning to the fact your about to delete everything would be handy.

This would be a mute point if there was an undelete option, which was really my point.

| Mon 2 Aug 2021 7:42:53 #201 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

gold_01224

If a user has more than 1 box on a local network, would it be possible to mirror from one box to the other? Remote view / control of it etc

| Mon 2 Aug 2021 20:31:46 #202 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

gold_01224

If a user has more than 1 box on a local network, would it be possible to mirror from one box to the other? Remote view / control of it etc

| Mon 2 Aug 2021 20:32:17 #203 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Orpheus2000

The Aura Recordings page is weird. What use are the Channel and Day of Week views? More useful to be able, at least, to sort “played” and “unplayed” separately, perhaps.

It might be useful to be able to sort the Schedule alphabetically, too.

| Sun 2 Jan 2022 22:55:18 #204 |
  5. woodbar

woodbar

To be honest I have nearly given up on the Aura - the UI is terrible (and I have been an avid Android fan for years) - most of the menus are less than logical - I agree with the above poster regarding the recordings page - all you need is a sort alphabetically or by date and yes WHY no deleted files directory? Not rocket science - files could be cleared permanently from "trash" after so many days.

A couple of months ago I bought myself a dirt cheap (£85) Octagon twin tuner combination (satellite/terrestrial) Enigma 2 box - I added a 1Tb USB drive and it works very well. A bit of a steep learning curve as you can configure absolutely everything if you go into "expert" menu mode!

However it runs rings around the Aura - faster, super sharp picture, customisable menus and EPG etc. Recordings list can be sorted, have directories and contains a trash folder which holds deleted files and is customisable as to how often you clear it out! The EPG actually shows far more information than the Aura, but does not look cluttered (in any case you can configure the number of rows and time scale shown) - gives you a mini live view of the program you have highlighted and, even better, gives you all of the spiel about the program WITHOUT you having to press the "info" button - which is an a absolute PIA on the Humax.

I have not even explored even half of the capabilities but the icing on the cake for some people is that you can easily move HD files to another device of your choice and watch them there in full HD - none of this transcribed downscaling or encryption malarkey. I don't bother myself but it's available for those that do. Of course the main advantage is that should you have a hardware failure you can still access all of your recordings by connecting the HD to a replacement unit - unlike the encrypted Aura files - only playable on the unit they were recorded on!

I really bought it just as a standby device and for recording a few odds and ends from Freesat/Sky FTA etc. but I actually use it most of the time in preference to the Aura.

You are correct - I am NOT impressed with the Aura - always been a Humax fan but they won't be getting any more cash out of me, ever.

| Mon 3 Jan 2022 1:17:44 #205 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Finchy313

We use our Aura as our main media player, but don't really watch much live TV or recordings, mostly Emby plus iPlayer, Amazon Video, but for the last few months we've found the box itself crashes usually once a night or so in the middle of watching something. It reboots itself and then plays fine. Not a big problem, but quite annoying for a device that's been around for over a year now.

| Mon 3 Jan 2022 21:32:24 #206 |
  7. woodbar

woodbar

Yes, it's well over a year since it was released, I got mine in Sept 20 I think?

It was a brave move to try and integrate everything in one box but I really don't think they got it right - a case of running before you can walk!

Even the firmware updates seem to have dried up - or the box is not telling me about them if there are any - they are probably going to let it die.

Any bets there will be an Aura Plus sometime soon!

| Tue 4 Jan 2022 0:09:33 #207 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.