My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura suggestions to improve unit.

(207 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jlmj2009

Thanks Graham. I don't fully understand the back end technicalities, but it can't be that hard to display the recordings in date order. Appreciate you might lose the series links based my understanding of your update but that could be a KB article on here, if it's a known limitation.

I, and by the looks of it others, just want to see recordings in date order, newest at the top. Would be nice to have this feature.

| Mon 10 May 2021 20:55:22 #191 |
  2. brian

brian

special member

jlmj2009 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks Graham. I don't fully understand the back end technicalities, but it can't be that hard to display the recordings in date order. Appreciate you might lose the series links based my understanding of your update but that could be a KB article on here, if it's a known limitation.
    I, and by the looks of it others, just want to see recordings in date order, newest at the top. Would be nice to have this feature.

I would have the oldest recordings at the top.

| Mon 10 May 2021 22:09:13 #192 |
  3. brian

brian

special member

jlmj2009 - 12 hours ago  » 

You would think that this feature would be easy to incorporate, as a date order Recording List is currently available in the Web Control IF.

This feature would also be very nice to have in the aura app.

| Tue 11 May 2021 9:55:35 #193 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bjwgorman

Would like it that pressing the back button during playback of a recording, would do the same as the stop button. At present, it returns you to the recordings menu but selects another recording. Nearly deleted the wrong programme several times!

| Tue 11 May 2021 22:10:16 #194 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

rafletcher

brian - 2 mnths ago  » 

Fixdit - 1 min ago  » 
    Change the method of selecting a day in the EPG back to that used in FOX t2 hdr,using the fast forward and back buttons.
    Selecting yellow button then the day is ok for one day, to select another you have to repeat the above, because it reverts to current day.

Fast forward and reverse buttons are already used in the guide to skip forward or backwards in 2 hour periods.

Then perhaps the laft/right navigation buttons can be re-purposed for skip, FF/RWD used for day skip (as on Manhattan)

| Wed 12 May 2021 15:06:45 #195 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

rafletcher

grahamlthompson - 2 mnths ago  » 

rollsjohn - 30 mins ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 4 hours ago  » 

rollsjohn - 1 min ago  » 
    Overall this is a good bit of kit - but my wish list would start as the biggest wish -
    facility to re-order favourites and for favourites to pass through to up and down programme buttons. It's one hell of a hike from local BBC One to BBC One HD.
    Program list facility - as was on the Fox. This could be on the OK button since pressing this during live TV gives the same information as the i button
    Media server facility so that TV's in other rooms can pick up recording made on the Aura - again like the Fox used to
    It's sad really that so many features on older models are not carried through to new ones. New whistles and bells seem to take priority. Other members of the family not so tech savvy get used facilities and find it difficult to re-adjust to new ones which seem to be less functional.

You can skip instantly to any channel in the epg if you know it's lcn
    eg if you tap in 103 and press enter you jump instantly to ITV-HD

Yes agreed, that's ok for me but some members of the family can't even remember how old they are! It's much more sensible to have a programme navigation system that's user friendly.

I am 76. I can still look at a simple printout of the lcn's.
    I also remember my mobile number
    I can still remember the HD channels I always record from and being on the same Mux can record all 4 and with a simple dodge record all 5.
    How may channels do you expect 3 tuners to b e able to record ??
    And also being a subscriber to Radio Times.
    Why would I want to view channels not on the lcns listed there ansd also online guides.
    Sorry I think this is total non-starter. Absolutely zero chance of this ever happening. But what do I Know

Wow, way to make a new member feel welcome! And who wants to consult a printout for channel numbers? Just because you can do something doesn't make it the right way to go about things for everyone. Barry's subsequent commenst were much more helpful.

| Wed 12 May 2021 15:13:13 #196 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

longtalltim

Really miss the PIP feature of earlier Humax boxes that allowed simultaneous viewing of two channels. Could also have them side-by-side. Shame this feature disappeared... I used to use it extensively for multiple streams for sporting events, and for monitoring (a.k.a. avoiding) ad breaks on live TV (temporary swap to something more interesting, or a recording).

Would also like to see additional sorting and organising capability in the recordings page, such as genre or user created folders.

Reminders could be extended to accommodate recurring events instead of just single programmes.

| Sun 25 Jul 2021 16:01:31 #197 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

1976saint

Here is a suggestion, when accidentally selecting all your recordings to DELETE when you only meant to delete the F1 folder can a warning popup appear to adivse that are you sure "you want to delete ALL of your recordings?"

This is exactly what my wife has just done.

I read the long thread about having and undelete, I think it's is pretty lazy of Humax not to have implimented this yet if the old Virgin V6 I had for 5 or 6 years could do it why not this!

Come on Humax help us out here!!

| Fri 30 Jul 2021 19:05:02 #198 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

There is a delete confirmation pop up.

| Fri 30 Jul 2021 20:38:21 #199 |
  10. davidrew

davidrew

special member

I currently have two Aura's (longish story) and thought it would be great if you could have the option to do the following if two, or more, are on the same local network:

> Automatically Synchronise recording schedules.

> Synchronise deletion of programmes.

| Sun 1 Aug 2021 23:21:02 #200 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.