My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura suggestions to improve unit.

(207 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

holl595

No I mean if you pause live tv or a recorded program you get this and the Android TV screen saver never shows.

Attachments

1. rsz_foto_no_exif.jpg (701.3 KB, 16 downloads) 2 years old
    | Fri 7 May 2021 12:18:56 #181 |
  2. barrados

barrados

Beta software dated 5.5.2021 includes long press on the apps button to bring up a list of recent apps which is most welcomed.

However, an improvement on that would be, once the list is loaded, short press on app to open it, and long press to force close it or a drop down menu with other options.

| Fri 7 May 2021 13:40:24 #182 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Yes, I agree with @holl595 's suggestion. Use the "chromecast" screensaver instead of the "clock" screensaver for all circumstances, whether in "freeview" mode or running a non-freeview app. I've got the "chromecast" screensaver set up via the Google Home app to cycle through photos of my family from my Google Photos archive and I love getting surprised by a photo from years ago through that.

| Fri 7 May 2021 14:37:43 #183 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrMiggins

Google Photos doesn't pop up as an option for ambient mode. Just Art Gallery, or experimental. I've used a third party app to cast my photos to Aura .

| Fri 7 May 2021 14:56:23 #184 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Finchy313

MrMiggins - 12 mins ago  » 
    Google Photos doesn't pop up as an option for ambient mode. Just Art Gallery, or experimental. I've used a third party app to cast my photos to Aura .

That's strange. It definately does for me, we have our photos as the screensaver. I presume your Aura has the latest firmware? It only became an option more recently with a firmware update.

| Fri 7 May 2021 15:09:58 #185 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrMiggins

I presume my Aura is up to date. The third party app works fine so it's not much of an issue.

| Fri 7 May 2021 15:15:35 #186 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Photos showing as the ambient mode option is a bit patchy, I can't quite remember which steps I followed to get it selected but it was hit and miss; but I have got it working for the Aura's built in chromecast. I only knew to look for it as I've got other Chromecast devices where that works.

| Fri 7 May 2021 20:32:37 #187 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

jlmj2009

On the Recordings page, you have, Programme, Channel and Day of week.... Why not by date? Seems the most obvious one you'd want.

| Mon 10 May 2021 19:32:57 #188 |
  9. brian

brian

special member

jlmj2009 - 7 mins ago  » 
    On the Recordings page, you have, Programme, Channel and Day of week.... Why not by date? Seems the most obvious one you'd want.

I fully agree with you, and have requested this previously.

| Mon 10 May 2021 19:41:04 #189 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

brian - 23 mins ago  » 

jlmj2009 - 7 mins ago  » 

I fully agree with you, and have requested this previously.

A feature long requested on the G2 units that sorted first on series number.

Should also sort on Date:Month:time etc. And ban using original broadcast times and dates as a sort order, only tha latest event.

Father Brown was a classic example.

You would get series one episode 1 followed by series two episido 2 up to 13 weeks weeks later.

The linked content could be be weeks/month/days earliers.

The broadcaster's continue to use CRID's that say for example (not real but made up but loads of examples) eg . Series 15 event Series two episode 2, one of 16.

Next event is not recorded because, the crids report a different series crid and a different prog crid.

It's basically a complete mess. In this case it I blame the BBC. It happened at then end of 2019 when the Christmas recordings of Strictly Come Dancing failed to record.

It continues now. Long running popular programmes stop recording. Thhis should not be up to user to check daily that the next episode of a long running series will record the following day. Let alone the next 7 days,

| Mon 10 May 2021 20:45:00 #190 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.