My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura won't record BBC progs. available on iPlayer.

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

GJK

Sometimes when we attempt to record a BBC programme that is in the schedule to be broadcast at a future date/time the recorder will not permit us to do so, indicating that it is available on BBC iPlayer and asking if we want to watch it on iPlayer now.
    1. This is not always desirable because depending on broadband performance viewing quality may be worse than watching a recording.
    2. The future availability of programmes on iPlayer is not guaranteed because the BBC remove them at unpredictable intervals.
    3. My TV is capable of playing back iPlayer, I bought the Aura to record things. I don''t want a recorder overriding my wishes and telling me what to do.

Is there a way to override the recorder's insistence that we use iPlayer? I checked the full manual and all the settings on the device and could find nothing. This characteristic is not even mentioned in the manual.

| Fri 30 Dec 2022 12:34:40 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Highlight the programme in the guide and press the i (info) button record option should then be available.

Alternatively, highlight programme in guide and press the record button.

| Fri 30 Dec 2022 14:01:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Or go into settings and find the option to change what the OK button does (if using the OK button is how you want to select/record, like it always was on previous devices).
    The instructions are here on the forum somewhere.

| Fri 30 Dec 2022 15:49:36 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

GJK

Many thanks to both Barry and SSThing for their quick and helpful responses.

Both solutions work. I've made the change in settings so the OK button always takes us to Info and never to playback.

Whilst testing we noticed that the programmes giving us the problem had a red right arrow icon in front of the programme name.

| Sat 31 Dec 2022 1:02:02 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.