My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

AV Button on Aura Remote Control

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wheelmon

The 'old' TV did actually have "AV" in the input list (with a scart logo next to it) but the Aura bypassed the list. Nothing was plugged into the scart so I never went further down that road. The new TV doesn't have a scart socket but it does have component sockets - hence "Component" on display. If a device were plugged in it would probably show in the input list list but I would guess that the AV button would still bypass the list and go straight to that input.
    As you say, applicable to certain TV brands and ? remedied by an update. Fingers crossed.

| Thu 27 May 2021 15:49:56 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Surely, if nothing is plugged into any of the other sockets, there is no need for the TV to display a list of inputs (other than the hdmi the Aura is using) when you press the AV button? I currently have a connection via RCA and my AV receiver into HDMI and when I press the AV button my only options are Live TV, HDMI 1, AV2 and All Inputs. But because nothing is using any other input I am taken to the settings page where I can add the others to the list if I want (no point).
    Perhaps you can do the same via your TV's settings?
    Older TV's, especially with Scart, would show them all in the list because they were, for all intent and purpose, always live whereas newer equipment is expected to be designed to be more efficient/green.

| Thu 27 May 2021 16:39:51 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wheelmon

SSThing - 3 hours ago  » 
    Surely, if nothing is plugged into any of the other sockets, there is no need for the TV to display a list of inputs (other than the hdmi the Aura is using) when you press the AV button? I currently have a connection via RCA and my AV receiver into HDMI and when I press the AV button my only options are Live TV, HDMI 1, AV2 and All Inputs. But because nothing is using any other input I am taken to the settings page where I can add the others to the list if I want (no point).

Perhaps you can do the same via your TV's settings?
    Older TV's, especially with Scart, would show them all in the list because they were, for all intent and purpose, always live whereas newer equipment is expected to be designed to be more efficient/green.

Perhaps I didn't explain properly. I meant plugged into the RCA. All the HDMI sockets are in fact occupied (Aura, DVD player, 2nd PVR, and Sound Bar to ARC/eARC.
    The fact is that the Aura AV button doesn't open the input list - apparently peculiar to Sony TV's and probably some other brands.
    However I have now discovered that with the new TV (which I've only had for a few days - that's my excuse) if for example the input is set to, say, 'DVD player' and the Aura is in standby, when I turn on the Aura, after about 10 seconds (sometimes less) the TV automatically switches to the Aura input. In other words with 10 secs worth of patience I don't need the AV button. It's still a long time to wait though.
    Thanks for your comments.

| Thu 27 May 2021 20:54:06 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.