My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

AV Button on Aura Remote Control

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wheelmon

The AV button on the Aura remote has never worked properly and the beta update (plus new TV) has not cured the problem. When the button is pressed I'm taken to “AV/Component” (just “AV” on old TV).
    This means that to change HDMI inputs on the TV another remote control has to be used. All the other 3 remotes (TV, DVD, & DTRT2100) work to scroll through the inputs. .
    I chose a TV with enough HDMI ports to obviate the need for a switch and its remote control. So it would be nice to be able to only need the Aura remote when using the Aura. Could it be a faulty remote or does everyone find the same problem. Or can it be fixed by an update?

| Wed 26 May 2021 17:41:52 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

If it's anything like the 4000t, first press of AV brings up the input list for the TV, to scroll through the list you need to make further presses of the AV button. Don't try to scroll using the up/down keys.

| Wed 26 May 2021 18:08:04 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wheelmon

That's how it works with the other remotes but with the Aura remote it's as though it takes you straight to the actual AV input (not HDMI). The clue is that the old TV didn't have Component inputs and the new one does. Hence : "AV" as opposed to "AV/Component". At this point you can't go anywhere. Thanks for your reply.

| Wed 26 May 2021 18:19:06 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wheelmon

ps. It's really no trouble to pick up another remote. Just me that's lazy!!!

| Wed 26 May 2021 18:23:00 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

So pressing the AV button multiple times doesn't cycle you through the available input choices on your TV? Perhaps there's another pairing code for your TV that night work. What brand TV is it?

| Thu 27 May 2021 5:23:33 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

lycandroid

I have same problem and posted it a while back on https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/newbie-set-up#post-87868.

| Thu 27 May 2021 6:40:43 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

What does pressing the equivalent button on the TV remote do, if there is such an equivalent button? It wouldn't hugely surprise me if the TV was designed to respond as follows:-
    - AV button pressed - display which AV currently connected and list of other options
    - Arrow keys - move up and down (or left and right) through the list of options
    - OK - select the relevant option

If there isn't a button on the normal TV's remote to scroll through to bring up the AV listing and then step through them one by one, then my assumption would be it's a fundamental shortcoming of the Aura remote design that only allows for a small handful of IR signals to be sent (I think it's only TV on / off, AV and then volume?)

On my old-ish Samsung, pressing AV brings up the listing and cycles through them with subsequent button pushing, and it does this whether that's with the stock Samsung remote or the button that is programmed on the Aura remote. I can see how annoying it would be if that didn't work though!

| Thu 27 May 2021 11:42:01 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wheelmon

larkim - 13 mins ago  » 
    What does pressing the equivalent button on the TV remote do, if there is such an equivalent button? It wouldn't hugely surprise me if the TV was designed to respond as follows:-
    - AV button pressed - display which AV currently connected and list of other options
    - Arrow keys - move up and down (or left and right) through the list of options
    - OK - select the relevant option
    If there isn't a button on the normal TV's remote to scroll through to bring up the AV listing and then step through them one by one, then my assumption would be it's a fundamental shortcoming of the Aura remote design that only allows for a small handful of IR signals to be sent (I think it's only TV on / off, AV and then volume?)
    On my old-ish Samsung, pressing AV brings up the listing and cycles through them with subsequent button pushing, and it does this whether that's with the stock Samsung remote or the button that is programmed on the Aura remote. I can see how annoying it would be if that didn't work though!

Both TV's are Sony and there are only two 3-digit codes and only one that works, so no choice there.
    The other three remotes (TV, DVD Player, and DTRT2100) all work by pressing AV repeatedly until the required input is reached then either pressing OK or nothing at all and it changes by itself.
    With the Aura remote no input list is shown and you are taken directly to the 'AV/Component' input.
    Clue to what's happening = On the new TV the word 'Component' is shown and that is the only TV with Component inputs. Old TV just shows 'AV'.
    On/Off, Vol + -, and Mute all work with IR (red led) even though remote is paired. Every other button shows green led. I need it set up like that due to sound bar/surround control.
    To me it appears that the AV button is sending the wrong IR code for Sony TV's.

| Thu 27 May 2021 12:22:56 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wheelmon

lycandroid - 5 hours ago  » 
    I have same problem and posted it a while back on https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/newbie-set-up#post-87868.

Sorry, lycandroid, you were supposed to be quoted in the above post.
    I hadn't read your earlier post. It didn't show in my search. Coincidentally, my other PVR is similar to the one to which you refer.
    Barry, perhaps this could be referred to Humax Tower in connection with the next update.

| Thu 27 May 2021 12:34:41 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Not sure that the "component" on display is an issue (though I may be misunderstanding); one of my TVs shows AV / Component and then pressing the AV button cycles through these (and also the built in TV tuner).

But it does seem that the issue is that the wrong code for that AV button has been coded into the Aura remote for some specific brands of TVs. Presumably updatable too by Humax via some OTA update?

| Thu 27 May 2021 13:04:24 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.