My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Newbie set up!!

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

willtee

Newbie here.
    Just received my Aura yesterday. Couple of things I am stuck on. First one and most importantly (says my wife!) We wish to watch TLC Live stream from the Discovery + app. The app loads and seemed to work, until I set up for the paid subscription. Now when I click to watch live, it hesitates then boots me back onto Freeview. Anyone else had this? I must add that we have the TVPlayer App too for MTV and pay subscription there, and live TV works fine there!
    Secondly, although I shall have to return with my TV model, I program the remote to use with my Sony TV, the list shows a couple of options, one doesn't work at all, the other, switches the TV off but not the volume or source mode. Is there another list of TV codes somewhere?
    Thanks in advance.
    Will

| Thu 11 Mar 2021 10:53:08 #1 |
  2. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Can't help on the Discovery+ but check the latest manual at Aura Manual for the TV codes from page 57 onwards.

Also ensure that your Aura is fully updated to the latest firmware and the remote handset is also updated as that added extra functionality. See page 10 & 43 of the manual.

| Thu 11 Mar 2021 11:18:01 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

willtee

Thanks for the quick reply.
    Just to confirm that I did the updates for firmware and remote.
    I double checked the manual on the above link and it still only shows the same 2 codes that I tried. The only thing I am questioning now is perhaps the remote was in Bluetooth mode?!

| Thu 11 Mar 2021 11:27:46 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

lycandroid

By the way, I have a sony TV and the TV power button on the remote does successfully power off the tv but the AV button only switches to the AV input rather than cycling through the inputs. So once you've pressed the AV button you can't get back to the aura input.

Using the remote from my old BT youview humax DTR-T2110 box the AV button does successfully cycle tv inputs.

So there is a difference and just posting to make humax aware of it.

My TV is a Sony Bravia KDL-50W829B.

| Thu 11 Mar 2021 17:29:24 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.