My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

BBC Four (SD) issue on 5000T

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

What is it about BBC Four (SD) that causes it to display the broken recording icon and display a brief warning message on replay with every recording, usually when there is no problem with the recording?

-----

The only time I actually had a failed recording on BBC Four was on a programme which started at 1900 and I had 3 minutes padding set, so there really was nothing there at the start and it recorded nothing even after 1900. (This is just for info and not part of my question)

| Fri 6 Jul 2018 8:37:10 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

This happens on HD also, for me. Recordings are always fine.

| Fri 6 Jul 2018 9:49:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

SSThing - 26 minutes ago  » 
    This happens on HD also, for me. Recordings are always fine.

Exactly, it is weird. Cannot check the HD version as I don't get COM7/8.

| Fri 6 Jul 2018 10:16:44 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

This was found and reported during testing...asked for an update a while ago, no response as yet.

| Fri 6 Jul 2018 10:34:00 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Thanks Barry. Have there been any responses from Humax Towers about any of the other irritations which have been reported in various threads here, for example the disappearing player icons, disappearing channel logos and the Watch in HD message?

Any news of an update to sort some of these things?

| Fri 6 Jul 2018 10:44:51 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

A1944 - 3 hours ago  » 
    Thanks Barry. Have there been any responses from Humax Towers about any of the other irritations which have been reported in various threads here, for example the disappearing player icons, disappearing channel logos and the Watch in HD message?
    Any news of an update to sort some of these things?

I have not reported any of those irritations, because that is just what they are, irritations, not problems that need addressing.

Player icons/channel icons - could be a number of areas that cause loss, not associated with the unit or software, they are delivered via IP so a number of variables come into play - owners internet set up, IP, freeview/humax servers etc.

HD prompt, doesn't bother me in the slightest - if others are 'irritated' by it then report to humax support, the more users who report, the more likely they are to check if something needs addressing.

| Fri 6 Jul 2018 14:40:11 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

To clarify what I am talking about, the missing channel logos only come back if you do a deletion of cookies and the missing player icons only come back if you do a factory reset. The players work if you go via the catchup section of the EPG, but the more convenient direct access icons located in the Freeview Play main menu sometimes vanish and stay vanished without a reset.

They both sound much more like software bugs than internet setup issues of some kind.

Could you clarify the URL for Humax support please and I will raise these issues with them.

| Fri 6 Jul 2018 16:40:24 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A1944 - 11 minutes ago  » 
    To clarify what I am talking about, the missing channel logos only come back if you do a deletion of cookies and the missing player icons only come back if you do a factory reset. The players work if you go via the catchup section of the EPG, but the more convenient direct access icons located in the Freeview Play main menu sometimes vanish and stay vanished without a reset.
    They both sound much more like software bugs than internet setup issues of some kind.
    Could you clarify the URL for Humax support please and I will raise these issues with them.

I don't have any issues with missing icons, suggesting the reverse is true. Most likely a network issue. Do you have some sort of parental lock enabled at your ISP ?

| Fri 6 Jul 2018 16:54:03 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

grahamlthompson - 18 minutes ago  » 

I don't have any issues with missing icons, suggesting the reverse is true. Most likely a network issue. Do you have some sort of parental lock enabled at your ISP ?

Definitely no parental locks! We are just two pensioners, so we don't need such things.

If you look back on old threads, there have been a number of reports of the missing player icons, so it is not just me. Apparently, another user contacted support and was instructed to do the factory reset, which was what got them back for him and later for me.

It is not that the players don't work it is just that the direct access icons sometimes vanish.

| Fri 6 Jul 2018 17:15:47 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A1944 - 46 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 18 minutes ago  » 

Definitely no parental locks! We are just two pensioners, so we don't need such things.
    If you look back on old threads, there have been a number of reports of the missing player icons, so it is not just me. Apparently, another user contacted support and was instructed to do the factory reset, which was what got them back for him and later for me.
    It is not that the players don't work it is just that the direct access icons sometimes vanish.

I have experienced loss of icons but when I did the issue was widely reported and turned out to be a Freesat server issue.

Not had any problems with the icons for a long time. Who is your ISP ?

I use Virgin and pretty sure Barry also has a Virgin broadband service.

| Fri 6 Jul 2018 18:04:29 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.