My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

BBC Four (SD) issue on 5000T

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I see, very strange. Did you totally lose iPlayer, itv hub, Ch4 catchup and Demand 5, or just the icons? I am with BT.

| Fri 6 Jul 2018 17:12:39 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A1944 - 53 minutes ago  » 
    I see, very strange. Did you totally lose iPlayer, itv hub, Ch4 catchup and Demand 5, or just the icons? I am with BT.

Just the icons.

| Fri 6 Jul 2018 18:06:23 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

redmic

I had this problem several occations back in March (Iplayer etc greyed out netflix etc OK and one week catch up OK) which I believe was using the previous software
    I contacted Humax customer services (Ref HMX79339037) and the solution was to basically do a factory reset (IT crowd have you tried switching it off & on again)
    Have not had it on the latest update.

| Mon 9 Jul 2018 8:42:27 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

redmic

I had this problem several occations back in March (Iplayer etc greyed out netflix etc OK and one week catch up OK) which I believe was using the previous software
    I contacted Humax customer services (Ref HMX79339037) and the solution was to basically do a factory reset (IT crowd have you tried switching it off & on again)
    Have not had it on the latest update.

| Mon 9 Jul 2018 8:43:38 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Yes, a factory reset cured it for me, for now at least. I have only had the latest 5000T software, the box came installed with it.

| Mon 9 Jul 2018 8:44:58 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

VHSwasSimpler

I have recently bought a 500T which I deeply regret.

The entire On Demand disappears (the On Demand screen which shows the On Demand is empty) at least every couple of days if not more frequently.

The ONLY way to get it back is to go into the Players and Apps screen, where there are no icons in the Players section. If I go up to the 'i' in the top right corner and press OK, it gives me an INFO screen with some blurb about cookies. If I delete cookies, the On Demand programmes return. Surely that cannot be the proper way to deal with this? It only lasts for a day or two before I have to do it again. Oh, and most irritatingly, in the majority of places in the FVP 5000T if a word or phrase is in capitals and highlighted blue (which DELETE COOKIES is), pressing OK actions it. NOT HERE. It needs the + button to be pressed!

This is merely one of the many issues I have with this dreadful system.

| Mon 30 Jul 2018 11:10:38 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

AJ

Personally I’ve only had the fault when I couldn’t acces the players once. I’m no way doubting the other posters though.

My issue from day one - channel logos here one day and gone the next. As above, rectified by removing cookies but I don’t bother anymore. They come back by theirselves now and again.

Please could this be reported as this affects many people who have frequented this forum, it’s not nice to be fobbed off thinking it’s your internet connection and then find out as weeks go on that others have the same issue.

Whilst I might add Graham does a great job of assisting new users, it really interests me as to how some boxes exhibit problems and not others. Barry and Graham just don’t seem to have the faults that others do.

| Mon 30 Jul 2018 18:07:50 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

AJ - 4 hours ago  » ... it really interests me as to how some boxes exhibit problems and not others. Barry and Graham just don’t seem to have the faults that others do.

I'm not sure it's the boxes as electronics is very reliable these days. I think it's more likely to be the users. Barry and Graham are well aware of the benefits of a factory reset and how to set up the Humax to receive the channels they want.

| Mon 30 Jul 2018 22:40:31 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.