My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

BBC Live restart

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bobkat

Does the FVP 5000t not support BBC live restart?
    Is this a fault of all aerial fed boxes?
    My humax HDR 1100s does live restart.
    Have to use FVP 5000t now as I have no dish.
    The FVP 5000t is their latest box but we seem to be going backwards.

| Wed 7 Mar 2018 10:37:48 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to our forum. At the present time there is no watch from the beginning option on the FVP boxes. You will have to wait until the programme appears in the backwards epg.

Perhaps Barry might ask Humax towers if there are any plans to add this handy feature

| Wed 7 Mar 2018 12:02:30 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

grahamlthompson - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Hi welcome to our forum. At the present time there is no watch from the beginning option on the FVP boxes. You will have to wait until the programme appears in the backwards epg.
    Perhaps Barry might ask Humax towers if there are any plans to add this handy feature

There is this option, it pops up occasionally (by occasionally I mean it appeared several times late last week and over the weekend but not since) on BBC channels as a green button. The message was 100% indicating the option was to watch this program from the beginning, however the Freeview play website says this is the trailer recording button. All very confusing. I wonder if it only appears as the watch from the beginning option if the program has already been broadcast previously so is available on iPlayer?
    Edit. I think that's the case (plus is exactly what you were suggesting Graham) because I have a vague recollection of pressing green and it opened iPlayer.

| Wed 7 Mar 2018 12:14:33 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

SSThing - 3 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 9 minutes ago  » 

There is this option, it pops up occasionally (by occasionally I mean it appeared several times late last week and over the weekend but not since) on BBC channels as a green button.

On a G2 box, most every current BBC programme in the epg has a circular arrow denoting watch from the beginning is available. I have never seen the option on my FVP-5000T.

Attachments

1. LatestFreesatEpg.jpg (174.3 KB, 9 downloads) 6 years old
    | Wed 7 Mar 2018 12:20:01 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I assume that these messages/suggestions/options are from the broadcaster not the box itself, so the message to watch from the beginning via green button (instead of the message to record from the trailer) was an error?

| Wed 7 Mar 2018 12:32:11 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Incidentally the same option with the circular arrows is on the iplayer app on my Android tablet and phone.

| Wed 7 Mar 2018 14:34:34 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Phew! So glad I wasn't hallucinating.

Attachments

1. 20180308_122542.jpg (903.2 KB, 0 downloads) 6 years old
    2. 20180308_121923.jpg (1224.1 KB, 1 downloads) 6 years old
    | Thu 8 Mar 2018 13:28:15 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

My Samsung Smart TV offers Green = watch from start.

| Thu 8 Mar 2018 15:03:08 #8 |
  9. gomezz

gomezz

special member

My BT Youview box lets me watch from the start but only if I launch the programme from the iPlayer app. Direct channel select or EPG select does not offer the option.

Edit: Belay that. If I press the Red Button while watching live then I get an on-screen option to watch from the start. But better the first way if I want to avoid spoilers.

| Thu 8 Mar 2018 15:31:23 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bobkat

Thanks for all the feedback but the bottom line is that the FPV 5000T doesn't support this very useful fairly new (about 1 year ago) feature introduced by the BBC which the HDR 1100s does. As the 5000T is their latest and I suppose their 'flag ship' box it is very poor.

I was surprised how different the whole EPG and main menu is different between the two boxes. There is no common 'Humax' look to the interface even though physically the boxes look almost identical.

When I bought the 5000T I thought I was buying something very similar to the HDR 1100s, except it received its signal via aerial rather than a dish.How wrong I was.

It looks as if the two platforms were designed by completely different companies and only packaged by Humax.

BTW although they look different the remotes for the two boxes do operate each other. I usually use a 'One for All' remote and didnt need to change a thing from operating the 1100s to the 5000T

| Fri 9 Mar 2018 10:10:11 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.