My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

BBC Live restart

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

The software is owned by Freesat and Freeview not by Humax. In both cases the design/writing was contracted out to third party. So you end up with a box with no real owner. Hence the mess.

| Fri 9 Mar 2018 9:40:13 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Bobkat....

My posted pics clearly show that the feature does exist now on my 4000t and the fact that both the 4000t and the 5000t are running identical software suggests the feature will be present on your box. But, as I also said, it only appears occasionally. So the issue certainly appears to be a broadcast one and not a fault of Humax.

| Fri 9 Mar 2018 10:10:01 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bobkat

SSThing...

You are sooo right. Today I experienced some of the BBC progs which were on had a solid version of 'Coming soon on demand' icon (page 9 of the on line pdf instruction manual) next to them on the EPG, and when clicked on the prog had the option to be viewed from the start. Later in the day this option disappeared for any of the progs.

Looks like we have some sort of weird 'Live Restart' lite.

| Sat 10 Mar 2018 20:47:08 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

That's probably a very good way of describing it, most likely the first stage (for testing) before implementing full functionality.

| Sun 11 Mar 2018 7:30:06 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

scgf

To be fair the FV-4000T/5000T are far superior to Humax's Freesat boxes IMO. With Freesat I was getting constant recording clashes and frequent reboots. I could never get my head round the channel order and much prefer the logical 101 BBC HD, 102 BBC2 HD and so on on Freeview. I find the FV-x000T picture slightly better than on Freesat too - especially on SD catch up services. The only thing Freesat has going for it is the 'watch from the start' feature in the EPG and dozens more awful SD channels I never watch.

| Fri 16 Mar 2018 10:26:13 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

New logo, further progress?

Attachments

1. 20180323_105452.jpg (1646.4 KB, 3 downloads) 6 years old
    | Fri 23 Mar 2018 11:03:54 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bobkat

Unfortunately if you use the 'watch from the start' option it ends as the 'live' program ends so is of no use. I guess this is an iplayer problem and not humax.

| Tue 4 Sep 2018 22:08:59 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 6 months ago  » 
    Hi welcome to our forum. At the present time there is no watch from the beginning option on the FVP boxes. You will have to wait until the programme appears in the backwards epg.
    Perhaps Barry might ask Humax towers if there are any plans to add this handy feature

Pretty disappointing that it is missing such a useful feature. My TVs have this function along with our HDR 1000s and our Youview box.

| Wed 5 Sep 2018 9:07:16 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

scgf - 5 months ago  » 
    To be fair the FV-4000T/5000T are far superior to Humax's Freesat boxes IMO. With Freesat I was getting constant recording clashes and frequent reboots. I could never get my head round the channel order and much prefer the logical 101 BBC HD, 102 BBC2 HD and so on on Freeview. I find the FV-x000T picture slightly better than on Freesat too - especially on SD catch up services. The only thing Freesat has going for it is the 'watch from the start' feature in the EPG and dozens more awful SD channels I never watch.

This might say more about your understanding of how to use the Freesat box than any fault with the hardware/software.

| Wed 5 Sep 2018 9:10:05 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

BTW is the UI on the 5000T any quicker these days? I’ve no idea how fast they actually are but I do read about people who complain of its slowness from time to time.

Is it for example faster or slower than the UI on the HDR1000S?

| Wed 5 Sep 2018 16:08:14 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.