My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Best way to set up Aura, TV and AVR?

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

itm

I'm buying a new Aura, to be connected to my LG OLED65C24LA TV and Denon AR-X2800 receiver. I'd like to use the Aura remote to control all three devices, but have read elsewhere that it doesn't turn off AV receivers when you power off the Aura.
    Does anyone have any advice for how best to set up the Aura with a TV and AVR?
    For example, is it best to connect the Aura to the TV or the receiver?

| Sun 4 Jun 2023 14:58:33 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

ShaunIOW

I have the Aura connected to a soundbar and the soundbar to the TV and ARC/CEC turned on.

| Sun 4 Jun 2023 16:40:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I have my AURA connected to my Samsung Home Cinema via HDMI, then HDMI to the ARC HDMI on the TV and it all works seamlessly.

At the end of the night I press the small power button on the remote and everything shuts off.

I only use the AURA remote and pressing the volume turns the Home Cinema volume up/down. I have the remote set to bluetooth, but that only makes a difference to the AURA.

As @ShaunIOW say, I too have ARC/CEC turned on.

| Mon 5 Jun 2023 9:31:50 #3 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

I would say route everything through the AVR where possible and use that as the control centre. One option for having one remote control to rule them all is to use an activity-based universal remote such as a Logitech Harmony.

| Mon 5 Jun 2023 11:31:56 #4 |
  5. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

I used to have my Aura (and a Sony UBP-800X UHD Bluray player) connected to my Marantz NR-1711 AV receiver. That was then connected to a Sony TV. The Aura remote was programmed to control the TV and that all worked properly with On/Off, Volume and Mute.

Recently however, I replaced the Sony TV with an LG OLED48C24 and began getting 'black screen' problems whereby the screen would blank but the sound continued. When changing to the Bluray and then back to the Aura I got an error message from the Aura that it couldn't send HD over HDMI because "your TV does not support HDCP". This was clearly untrue, as all modern HD/4k TV's have to support HDCP. After some investigations I worked out that the problem was caused by the Aura coming out of standby before the TV and Marantz AV had established an HDCP handshake. So I have now connected the Aura & Bluray directly to the TV and everything works properly with one proviso. Don't plug the Aura into HDMI1 on the LG TV. On my LG TV the Aura totally refuses to recognise HDCP on that input. I use HDMI3 for the Aura and that works fine. The Sony Bluray works perfectly on HDMI1.

Don't you just love technology?

| Tue 6 Jun 2023 16:48:38 #5 |
  6. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Mmm! I don't rely on CEC to fire up the source device but have the AVR and TV turned on first. I directly turn source devices on and off usually on the principle that if I will be switching back to a previously used device within the hour I will leave it on.

| Tue 6 Jun 2023 20:13:47 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.