My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

black band near top of screen

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

wren55

The picture from Freesat box seems to have slipped down screen. Bottom of picture appears at top of screen and, below it, a black horizontal band with some white dashes in it, then the rest of the picture. Freesat connected to TV via av1. Pictures from other sources/inputs unaffected, so presume it is the Freesat box. No setting changes were made before this just suddenly started. Any clues on how to fix it? (I've changed screen ratios etc on TV and Humax, with no success) Thank you.

| Sat 2 Feb 2019 15:26:50 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

wren55

Attachments

1. IMG_9414b.jpg (81.2 KB, 3 downloads) 5 years old
    | Sat 2 Feb 2019 15:30:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Have you tried putting the Humax into another port/input?

| Sat 2 Feb 2019 16:53:45 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

wren55 - 1 hour ago  » 
    The picture from Freesat box seems to have slipped down screen. Bottom of picture appears at top of screen and, below it, a black horizontal band with some white dashes in it, then the rest of the picture. Freesat connected to TV via av1. Pictures from other sources/inputs unaffected, so presume it is the Freesat box. No setting changes were made before this just suddenly started. Any clues on how to fix it? (I've changed screen ratios etc on TV and Humax, with no success) Thank you.

Does your TV not have HDMI inputs ?

| Sat 2 Feb 2019 17:00:10 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

fedman1

special member

The white "dashes" are the Wide Screen Switching signal and are just prior to the first active video line.

As well as trying another 'input' to the TV, I assume you have performed a 'hard reset' ie power down and remove mains for a short time.

When you say connected via AV1, do you really mean analogue if so are you using a SCART connector. If so is the Humax and the TV both set for RGB or Composite, a missmatch between the Humax and TV could give the vertical sync problem shown.

What are your Humax and TV screen settings?

| Sat 2 Feb 2019 17:17:43 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

fedman1

special member

As Graham suggests, use an HDMI connector.

HDMI is a far superior connector, and it keeps everything in digits.

SCART was a terrible design 30 years ago.

| Sat 2 Feb 2019 17:26:55 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

wren55

Thank you, all of you. I had switched off and on repeatedly and unplugged briefly but have just unplugged it for half and hour and it seems to have decided to behave itself again.

Advice re SCART lead - yes, it is on a SCART. I shall go and get an HDMI lead to swap that as well.

Thank you very much for all your help (I can now play along with Countdown again, as I can now see the letters towards the bottom of the screen!)

| Sat 2 Feb 2019 18:54:37 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

wren55 - 37 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you, all of you. I had switched off and on repeatedly and unplugged briefly but have just unplugged it for half and hour and it seems to have decided to behave itself again.
    Advice re SCART lead - yes, it is on a SCART. I shall go and get an HDMI lead to swap that as well.
    Thank you very much for all your help (I can now play along with Countdown again, as I can now see the letters towards the bottom of the screen!)

The HDMI lead will give you High Definition pictures when viewing a HD channel. Using a analogue connection the box is forced to downscale HD back to SD and the TV has to scale it back again to match the screen losing lots of the picture detail.

| Sat 2 Feb 2019 19:37:49 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.