My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Blank screen after changing HDMI input

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A5ian300zx

Hi,

my box gives me a blank screen each time i change the HDMI input and the only way to get the box back again is to physically take the power cable out. it does this every time.

So far i have done the following:

1) tested with different hdmi cable and hdmi input
    2) removed HDMI CEC setting
    3) factory reset the box

all the other devices connected to the TV work perfectly fine, TV= Sony OLED 2021 model.

My box is just over year old and i registered it so should have the two year warranty.

Spoke to support, and they got me to do a factory reset which i did and the second request was to connect to different TV, I only have the one TV in the house. Then I was told via support email to take the box to a friend's or neighbour's house and connect it to their TV, which i declined. I am not going to neighbour's/friends house and removing their items to connect my box etc..

I have gone back to support to say, the box seems like it is clearly faulty and could we fix it/swap it under the warranty. Gone to radio silence for the last few days now.

hope they get back to me to resolve soon,

I wanted to try on more thing which was to install the firmware image manually but dont know where to download it from?

| Mon 25 Jul 2022 17:40:15 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

Customer support is next to useless.....

| Mon 25 Jul 2022 17:50:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Are you sure that this is a problem with the box and not the TV to which it is connected?

| Mon 25 Jul 2022 20:33:54 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A5ian300zx

Yeah, the TV has no issues and have another three devices connected to it with hdmi cec enabled and all work without issue.

Is there a escalation process with humax? Or shall I try where I bought it from amazon?

| Mon 25 Jul 2022 22:53:58 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

Make sure the Auras HDMI lead is connected to the Sony TVs eARC HDMI port.
    I have a Sony TV, not the same as yours, it has 3 HDMI inputs two of which (HDMI 2 ad HDMI 3)
    are for High Quality HD/ UHD devices, HDMI 1 is for standard devices non HD.
    Check with your Sony TV which HDMI inputs are set for HD/ UHD devices, as said before the Aura
    should ideally be connected to the HDMI eARC/ ARC input.

Using the Sony TVs settings navigate to HDMI Signal Format.
    On my Sony TV it is Settings> System Settings>Set-up> AV Setup> HDMI Signal Format
    and set the HDMI inputs to Enhanced.

Your OLED Sony TV may have a different path to this setting from mine.

The HDMI cable should be a high quality cable capable of handling UHD signal,
    it should be properly shielded and kept away from the aerial cable as much as you can.
    The Aura suffers from pixellation and signal loss if the HDMI cable comes into contact with
    the aerial cable.

The Aura can only be updated over the air there is no standalone update that can be downloaded
    to a computer and then installed via USB.

Why are you buying via Amazon, should just by it either direct from Humax or John Lewis.
    John Lewis have a thirty day return policy, where you can get your money back or request
    a replacement. Two year warranty as standard.

| Tue 26 Jul 2022 3:28:35 #5 |
  6. Mars

Mars

special member

I have had a similar problem with the Aura and my 2021 Sony OLED TV since the TV updated to firmware 6.5929. I changed the HDMI signal format from enhanced to standard and everything has been fine since then. Also, there is absolutely no reason to connect the Aura to the eARC HDMI port. Two ports on the TV are HDMI 2.1 and two are HDMI 2.0 so they all work with 4K sources. The eARC HDMI port is meant for soundbars or AV receivers.

| Tue 26 Jul 2022 6:15:29 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A5ian300zx

Thanks vitaminD but like Mars said no reason for it to connect to earc, that is Used for my soundbar.

Mars thanks I will check that out as mine is set to enhanced and the aura is connected to the hdmi input 2.

Thanks.

| Tue 26 Jul 2022 7:07:15 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

A5ian300zx

Mars - 2 days ago  » 
    I have had a similar problem with the Aura and my 2021 Sony OLED TV since the TV updated to firmware 6.5929. I changed the HDMI signal format from enhanced to standard and everything has been fine since then. Also, there is absolutely no reason to connect the Aura to the eARC HDMI port. Two ports on the TV are HDMI 2.1 and two are HDMI 2.0 so they all work with 4K sources. The eARC HDMI port is meant for soundbars or AV receivers.

Hi Mars,

Got back home and finally got to to test this, by setting hdmi 2 Port as standard hdmi (for better compatibility) compared to the enhanced and you sir are a legend as it fixed the issue. Must have been some sort of auto update on the TV that changed it when vrr got introduced.

Thank you all for the help.

| Thu 28 Jul 2022 19:08:14 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.