My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Box restarting after casting from Youtube app

(59 posts)
  1. KindredPhantom

KindredPhantom

Hello.

I'm having a problem with my Humax box. The issue is, every time I cast from the YouTube app on my Android phone to the box, the box restarts. There is no error given, the screen goes black and it restarts. This is a recent issue as I used to be able to cast from the YouTube app on my phone to the box.

I've tried a factory reset but that has not fixed. Does anyone have any advice or know of any solutions?

| Mon 3 Jul 2017 20:20:07 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

I can replicate casting to HDR 1000S/1010S, have alerted Humax Towers to the problem.

Edit: Only tried casting from and android mobile.

Further Edit: Acknowledged by Humax Towers, cause under investigation.

| Tue 4 Jul 2017 9:22:01 #2 |
  3. KindredPhantom

KindredPhantom

Barry - 11 hours ago  » 
    Welcome to our Forum
    I can replicate casting to HDR 1000S/1010S, have alerted Humax Towers to the problem.
    Edit: Only tried casting from and android mobile.
    Further Edit: Acknowledged by Humax Towers, cause under investigation.

That's good to hear. Will they let us know if/when they fix it?

| Tue 4 Jul 2017 20:55:35 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I'll update thread as and when I receive further info from Humax Towers Managers.

| Tue 4 Jul 2017 22:28:01 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tylers

i had the exact same issue, i found that uninstalling youtube updates on my android solved this problem instantly. so i think it the youtube app itself.

| Sun 23 Jul 2017 2:05:02 #5 |
  6. KindredPhantom

KindredPhantom

The Humax box downloaded an update last week which seemed to fix it for a while, but then it went back to not working.

Tylers - 17 hours ago  » 
    i had the exact same issue, i found that uninstalling youtube updates on my android solved this problem instantly. so i think it the youtube app itself.

I'll try this, and see if it works.

| Sun 23 Jul 2017 19:47:37 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sherbet66

Any update on this, it's still an annoying issue.

| Thu 31 Aug 2017 20:49:26 #7 |
  8. KindredPhantom

KindredPhantom

Sherbet66 - 22 hours ago  » 
    Any update on this, it's still an annoying issue.

Tylers workaround does the job, though it is a slight annoyance to uninstall the app taking it back to the stock version.
    It's more likely that this issue will be fixed in an update to the YouTube app rather than on the Humax Box.

| Fri 1 Sep 2017 19:41:18 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

WonkyBass

My Humax HB-1000S was crashing and rebooting every time I tried to cast YouTube to it from my iPad yesterday. I tried again today and it was the same. This had worked without issue for a couple of years but I hadn't used it recently.

I've just gone into the iPad YouTube app settings and clicked Watch On Tv. I guess this searches again for available clients on the network? Anyway, having done cast this to the Humax from IPad again without it crashing.

I'm on YouTube app version 12,34 dated 5th Sept which I received on 6th. So the latest version was crashing until I relinked the app to the box. If it starts rebooting again I'll let you know!

| Fri 8 Sep 2017 16:36:52 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

rjbcollege

I am having exactly the same issue on my 1100S. (YouTube runs fine but if I then cast from any other device to watch a video / watchlist from my iPhone on my TV through my 1100S then the humax box reboots immediately with no error message, error code or anything else to indicate any fault has been noticed.)

Incidentally, casting from the same app(s) on the same devices to my PS3 works fine with no crashing at all.

I am using an 1100S and an iPhone. It also happens with my iPad and when trying from my wife's android phone and android tablet.

I noticed a previous comment that an update to the phone's app may have been the start of this and that it is therefore the phone app that's at fault. No. It may possibly be when this started but if my phone is capable of crashing a set top box then it can only be something that the setup box isn't handling well, which I imagine is what was meant.

| Sun 15 Oct 2017 11:40:52 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.