My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Box restarting after casting from Youtube app

(59 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rjbcollege

Barry - 3 months ago  » 
    Welcome to our Forum
    I can replicate casting to HDR 1000S/1010S, have alerted Humax Towers to the problem.
    Edit: Only tried casting from and android mobile.
    Further Edit: Acknowledged by Humax Towers, cause under investigation.

Can you please update Humax Towers that there are other models affected?
    Thanks.

| Sun 15 Oct 2017 11:44:28 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

The Silverfox

I am getting the same problem. I have an HDR 1100S and when casting from YouTube on iPhone X or iPad Mini the Humax box restarts itself. I've tried the workaround mentioned above but there is no setting for Watch on TV in either the iPhone or iPad YouTube app.

| Wed 15 Nov 2017 12:12:53 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

WonkyBass

On the iPad app you need to get to the highest level screen. This has the YouTube name and red logo at the top left of the screen and (in my case) a capital A (my initial?) in a dark circle on the top right of the screen. Click the dark circle and you should see the Account screen and, half way down, the Settings icon. Click this and you should see Watch On TV.

| Wed 15 Nov 2017 14:12:41 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

grum

Same here. If I cast from the YouTube app on my iPad to my HB-1000S (device name FS-HMX-02A- etc) the box immediately crashes then shuts down (red light on front).

The only workaround I’ve found is:
    - on the Humax, go to On Demand > YouTube
    - When the YouTube app is open, press left and select Settings from the menu
    - Select “Link TV and Phone”
    - Select “Link with TV Code” and follow the instructions
    - In the YouTube app on your iPad, click the cast icon and select the device “YouTube TV”.

This however is only a workaround and an inconvenient one too as you need to first open YouTube on the Humax box for the “YouTube TV” device to appear on the iPad.

Humax really need to fix this and restore the ability to directly cast to the box - crashing and powering down is about as user-unfriendly as it gets!

G.

| Fri 15 Dec 2017 0:19:29 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

WonkyBass

Sigh. Completely agree and sympathise. The integration by Humax of app and settop box seems uncontrolled. Things that used to work then break or start behaving in illogical ways and it takes a year to fix. I sense a small team with an inadequate budget. They corrected one introduced error I reported, for which I am grateful.

At least it's not as bad as the Amazon Firestick where the app and device do integrate OK via TV code but Amazon have not decided that they're not going to play nicely and share their toys so are removing YouTube from 1/1/18.

Did you know it used to be possible to fly commercially from UK to NY in less than 3.5 hours but we have now progressed?

| Fri 15 Dec 2017 9:32:43 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

7. User has not uploaded an avatar

WonkyBass

Thanks for the update. Good news that makes good sense for the humble user! Reminds me that I should stick to the facts and forego the speculation.

| Fri 15 Dec 2017 15:36:55 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

WonkyBass

Pollensa1946 - 4 days ago  » 
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/14/16778082/google-amazon-productive-talks-youtube-fire-tv

Perhaps not the solution we envisaged?

Is Amazon working on its own YouTube service?

| Wed 20 Dec 2017 12:03:25 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42511363

| Fri 29 Dec 2017 11:51:52 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

WonkyBass

Yep. Went to fire up YouTube last night to see some original footage that "Feud" had recreated. Found the app had been disabled 3 hours earlier and 3 days before Amazon and Google had said it would be. Pathetic.

| Fri 29 Dec 2017 12:52:13 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.