My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Box restarting after casting from Youtube app

(59 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Manny

Hi I have the same problem when casting from utube on android phone Humax 1100s 1 tb storage box just reboots
    I can still cast from same phone to my second humax box which is a older humax box with no hard disc.

| Sun 7 Jan 2018 14:39:29 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hitman

To resolve this issue with the newer humax box crashing you have to go on to the YouTube app on the box. Go onto the settings tab on the left side of the screen, now hit link device, then choose link with TV code. Go onto your YouTube account settings on your phone, watch on TV tab. Now you get the option to add the code from the humax box onto your phone. This is the fix ????

| Sun 14 Jan 2018 12:22:53 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattH

Hitman - 1 day ago  » 
    To resolve this issue with the newer humax box crashing you have to go on to the YouTube app on the box. Go onto the settings tab on the left side of the screen, now hit link device, then choose link with TV code. Go onto your YouTube account settings on your phone, watch on TV tab. Now you get the option to add the code from the humax box onto your phone. This is the fix ????

I got this far, only to find that the media type wasn't supported.

| Mon 15 Jan 2018 22:02:03 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Timokawa

I had been having this issue for a while (on Android)
    For me, the cure was to "Force Stop" the app, "Clear Cache", "Clear Data".
    Immediate fix.
    Hope that helps someone.

| Sun 18 Feb 2018 22:57:38 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

grum

There has been a minor improvement - my Humax box now restarts back to TV rather than switching off.

I doubt whether Humax will bother to fix this as Freesat appears to be dying too.

| Fri 9 Mar 2018 3:20:52 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

WonkyBass

grum - 6 hours ago  » 
    I doubt whether Humax will bother to fix this as Freesat appears to be dying too.

Are you referring to the removal of C4HD and All4 from Freesat last month triggered by increased carriage fees?

I’m not sure if Freesat is dying though. After all, Freesat has just added “TRT World” SD and HD channel to their lineup so you’re quids in if your viewing so far has been missing a Turkish perspective.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2018/03/01/trt-world-launches-on-freesat/

TRT World launches on Freesat
    MARCH 1, 2018 19.34 EUROPE/LONDON BY ROBERT BRIEL

TRT World has launched on the UK’s subscription-free satellite TV platform, Freesat, in SD and HD.

Since its launch in 2015, TRT World broadcasts in the English language to communicate a Turkish perspective on current affairs to a global audience; the channel hopes to encourage dialogue between viewers, offering a different viewpoint on current affairs.

TRT World, in addition to on-the-ground reporting, also has a wide variety of in-studio programming. Showcase covers the arts and culture scene. Money Talks features in-depth reports and analysis on the financial world. Beyond The Game covers sporting events.

| Fri 9 Mar 2018 9:58:41 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

petemgw

I have the same problem. I know my fix is not a Humax one, but I borrowed the Chromecast dongle from my campervan and can now cast flawlessly from my Android phone straight to the TV. In 1080p too. It looks like the Freesat box only goes up to 720p, is that correct?

| Wed 14 Mar 2018 7:37:00 #27 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

petemgw - 40 minutes ago  » 
    I have the same problem. I know my fix is not a Humax one, but I borrowed the Chromecast dongle from my campervan and can now cast flawlessly from my Android phone straight to the TV. In 1080p too. It looks like the Freesat box only goes up to 720p, is that correct?

No, it will go to 1080p if set to 1080p. If set to auto it will output as broadcast (less than 1080p).

| Wed 14 Mar 2018 8:19:33 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

grum

@WonkyBass

Are you referring to the removal of C4HD and All4 from Freesat last month triggered by increased carriage fees?

I’m not sure if Freesat is dying though. After all, Freesat has just added “TRT World” SD and HD channel to their lineup so you’re quids in if your viewing so far has been missing a Turkish perspective.

Ha ha! Perhaps dying was a bit strong, however Sky are planning to wind down their satellite service to focus on streaming and if satellite TV is in the decline, I doubt whether there will be any new Freesat hardware or significant updates to current boxes on the horizon - or any investment to keep C4HD etc.

G.

| Thu 15 Mar 2018 22:56:37 #29 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grum - 9 minutes ago  » 
    @WonkyBass

Ha ha! Perhaps dying was a bit strong, however Sky are planning to wind down their satellite service to focus on streaming and if satellite TV is in the decline, I doubt whether there will be any new Freesat hardware or significant updates to current boxes on the horizon - or any investment to keep C4HD etc.
    G.

Where on Earth did you imagine that the bandwidth you get from satellite could ever be replaced by broadband ?

At best it will be a niche system for the very few that can't get a satellite service due to extreme local topography and are lucky enough to be able to get very fast broadband (and reliable service).

There is no way Sky is going to wind down the cheapest and most reliable way of delivering TV to a small number of people who might benefit from a IP delivered service.

Satellite TV is by far cheaper than terrestrial Freeview to deliver TV and has the capability to provide more channels, higher resolutions like UHD.

Freeview is band width restricted, so is IP delivered content.

It's not that hard to add extra satellites to 28.2E compared to the limited IP delivery service.

Have a look at the current number of channels transmitted from 28.2E.

http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

Currently 971 channels, and you imagine that can be delivered to your home over broadband, Add up the total bitrate, the first 3 transponders add up to about 100Mb/second. That's the speed of my much faster than average download speed and there are hundreds more.

Basically understand the issue before posting such misleading information.

One day perhaps we may all have fibre connections into our homes, suspect that day is many years in the future.

It's very clear that you do not really understand the massive data capability available from the SES Astra satellite group at 28.2E compared to what you will be able to get from any known terrestrial based system. It would take a system based on a geosynchronous system of satellites to deliver this, but we already have this.

There is already a fix for the problem that worked for me detailed in this thread for the the issue in this thread had you actually read the posts.

| Thu 15 Mar 2018 23:16:43 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.