My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Buffering more frequent

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

When I first acquired my 1100S and used On Demand, everything ran smoothly. The last two or three times there have been plenty of incidences of my waiting for that little circle to stop spinning,so watching can recommence.
    The connection from router to STB is by Devolo HomePlugs and my internet sync is ~8000 kbps, so I think I'm right that bandwidth should not be a problem.

Comments and advice, please.

BTW with the old Foxsat you could choose SD or HD. I see no option with 1100S.
    Is all On Demand now HD only?

| Sat 24 Dec 2016 20:13:07 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

cerclebois - 15 hours ago  » ...BTW with the old Foxsat you could choose SD or HD. I see no option with 1100S...

I was watching iPlayer a few days ago and at the start I got a pop-up... "You are watching in HD, to change that go into settings". I assumed they meant iPlayer settings but did not investigate.

| Sun 25 Dec 2016 11:42:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I have a 52 mbps connection and I often experience the buffering before programme starts. I too use Devolo HP.

BBC iPlayer seem to buffer and then some. It will momentarily stop buffering then restart again for another short while before the programme finally begins. However, I have noticed the exact same behaviour when accessing the same apps on Chromecast, which TBH is now my media streaming device of choice.

| Sun 25 Dec 2016 23:38:42 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.