My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Buy a 1100S or wait?

(34 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

It would seem to me that freesat control the development priorities and the release of new software. They are the ones that announce new software and features.

The DLNA server question when put to Humax by Barry, when the HDR-1000S was released, was something like <<It is our intention to add this functionality later>>

| Sat 22 Oct 2016 16:18:05 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I'm sure it is not beyond the capabilities of Freesat/Humax to come up with a "pairing" capability between the HB1000 and HDR1000 that would ensure that distribution of recordings is controlled and restricted. Meanwhile technology advances are leaving them behind. Time that Humax had a serious discussion with the accountant that runs the show.

| Sat 22 Oct 2016 16:51:38 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

REPASSAC - 2 hours ago  » 
    It would seem to me that freesat control the development priorities and the release of new software. They are the ones that announce new software and features.
    The DLNA server question when put to Humax by Barry, when the HDR-1000S was released, was something like <<It is our intention to add this functionality later>>

Close enough, a DS post of yours from Oct 2012

The only details I have seen are the answers Barry of My Humax Org received from Humax

"Content sharing via home network - From launch you will be able to use the HDR-1000S as a client device (so you will be able to access content from a shared device in your home (PC, Laptop, NAS, HDR-FOX T2). We plan to include the server functionality at a later date."

| Sat 22 Oct 2016 18:57:58 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

From Humax..."We plan to include the server functionality at a later date."

Clearly they had not discussed it with the man from Freesat.
    So next time I read a Humax spec I'll say... ho hum, believe that if you like

| Sat 22 Oct 2016 20:14:27 #34 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.