My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Buy a 1100S or wait?

(34 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kryton

I'm going to be cancelling my virgin tv and have freesat installed instead. I was looking getting the 1100S but from what i've been reading here there seems to be issues with reboots and hdd " failures " with models including this one.

Is it best to hold on and see if humax resolve the issue or is there a different make which is similar to the 1100S?

thanks.

| Wed 5 Oct 2016 14:52:33 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to our forum. So far Humax are the only maker of 2nd generation freesat+ boxes. I would watch this forum as we already know Humax have identified the problem and are testing a fix.

| Wed 5 Oct 2016 15:24:35 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kryton

Thanks. Will keep an eye out, the dish won't go in till next month so hopefully it'll all be fixed by then

| Wed 5 Oct 2016 15:30:08 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Kryton - 54 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks. Will keep an eye out, the dish won't go in till next month so hopefully it'll all be fixed by then

When you get one remember to register it with Jumax and you will get the two year warranty rather than the one year.

| Wed 5 Oct 2016 16:26:20 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kryton

REPASSAC -
    When you get one remember to register it with Jumax and you will get the two year warranty rather than the one year.

will do, thank you.

| Wed 5 Oct 2016 16:33:11 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

normanfoster

If it helps I have had my Humax HDR 1100-S for five months now. It cost me £180 and I've already saved almost that much in SKY (bandits) fees. I have never had a moments trouble with it other than issues with me working out how the ruddy thing functions. So far no complaints at all other than lots of black keys on the remote control which make it hard to see which is which until one becomes familiar with the layout which is quite different to a SKY (bandits)remote control.

| Mon 17 Oct 2016 9:46:38 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

hughmclaughlin

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE read

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/not-recording-no-hard-drive-hdr-1000s500gb

and many, many other posts related to ongoing problems with these boxes. 'Problems' have been known about for a very long time and talk of a fix now is welcome but surprising. You may not have a choice but personally I would build in a lifetime of 2.5 years for these boxes.

| Mon 17 Oct 2016 10:22:35 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kryton

I have been reading the other threads and waiting on updates on it to see if the issue has been resolved. I'm planning to have freesat installed towards the end of november, i've got an older foxsat box in a cupboard somewhere which i'll use until the current box issues look to be fixed.

| Mon 17 Oct 2016 10:29:11 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

hughmclaughlin - 1 hour ago  » 
    and many, many other posts related to ongoing problems with these boxes. 'Problems' have been known about for a very long time and talk of a fix now is welcome but surprising. You may not have a choice but personally I would build in a lifetime of 2.5 years for these boxes.

Yes, great machines. I've had mine almost from the start with very few issues. I had far more problems with Sky+ than I have experienced with the 1000s.

| Mon 17 Oct 2016 11:58:09 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

hughmclaughlin - 2 hours ago  » 

My HDR1000S is approx 4 yrs old. It had a new 2TB drive installed shortly after buying it. It's still working very well. Have experienced the no recordings on boot a few times (cured by a simple re-boot), but never the permanent loss others report.

| Mon 17 Oct 2016 12:55:32 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.