My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Can I stream iPhone to Humax?

(23 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

evanp - 17 minutes ago  » 
    I am sorry you are bringing the most correct answer after so much fuss. You could be helpful by telling the person that Humax in the future might include an interface that can do this from other devices like iphone. Currently is not available in HUMAX but you do not have to do this via HUMAX.
    There is nothing new done connecting with an HDMI cable or some adapter to your TV if it is not already capable in doing so. It is done in millions or billions of TV/Displays. You can just tell him you do not have to use HUMAX for this.

There are no newpvr's with HDMI in other than a range of very expensive Blu-ray recorders from Panasonic.. They would be illegal and in any case they do not have any built in capability to encode and compress a HDMI video and audio stream. Without a real time H264/AVC hardware encoder the amount of data would fill a hard disk in a very short time. The Panasonic Blu-ray recorders do have this capability.

A tad baffled my recent post merely re-iterates what I have already posted. Not sure what your baffling post 4 means

[QUOTE]

Am I missing something because:

I use an HDMI cable to my TV from iPhone 6s or iPhone X or iPad, or android 8.1 or Macbook or PC or any browser and then to Humax 1000s via HDMI and all works fine.

The bit in bold is impossible you cannot connect anything by HDMI to any Humax pvr, the HDMI port is an output only device.

| Tue 26 Mar 2019 10:57:33 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

You need to take reading lessons.

The above bolded configuration works perfectly well there is nothing wrong. You just need to read it correctly. There is no much I can help you there.

| Tue 26 Mar 2019 11:07:42 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

evanp - 5 minutes ago  » 
    You need to take reading lessons.
    The above bolded configuration works perfectly well there is nothing wrong. You just need to read it correctly. There is no much I can help you there.

I give up are you really that obtuse ?

This is absolute rubbish

and then to Humax 1000s via HDMI and all works fine.

There is nothing going from your phone via your TV to the Humax. Your phone is sending uncompressed Video and Audio data to your TV and it's displaying it on it's panel. That's the end of it, it goes no where else.

| Tue 26 Mar 2019 11:17:39 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Your reading is rubbish as well your advice. You are just do not know what you are talking about you want to mud a perfect working answer that works with millions of devices.

Good luck to you and your company.

| Tue 26 Mar 2019 11:21:53 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

evanp - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Your reading is rubbish as well your advice. You are just do not know what you are talking about you want to mud a perfect working answer that works with millions of devices.

It's perfectly obvious you know absolutely nothing about how mpeg compression systems work. HD TV uses H264/AVC (aka AVC) and depending on platform ac3 or AAC for audio. Without mpeg compression Digital TV would be impossible.

Try reading and learning

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC

Typical HD broadcast format, the tuner in the box decodes the stream and because it's digital it simply copies it as is to the pvr HDD.

On playback the compressed data is decoded, after this the uncompressed audio and video is delivered delivered by HDMI to a display (normally a TV)

General
    ID : 2050 (0x802)
    Complete name : D:\StrictlyEpisodes\Strictly Come Dancing_20170930_1844.ts
    Format : BDAV
    Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
    File size : 7.68 GiB
    Duration : 2 h 6 min
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 8 699 kb/s
    FileExtension_Invalid : m2ts mts ssif

Video
    ID : 5400 (0x1518)
    Menu ID : 6941 (0x1B1D)
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, RefFrames : 4 frames
    Format settings, GOP : M=8, N=24
    Codec ID : 27
    Bit rate : 7 893 kb/s
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
    Standard : Component
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : MBAFF
    Scan type, store method : Interleaved fields
    Scan order : Top Field First
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.152
    Stream size : 6.96 GiB (91%)
    Color range : Limited
    Color primaries : BT.709
    Transfer characteristics : BT.709
    Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Audio #1
    ID : 5401 (0x1519)
    Format : AC-3
    Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
    Format settings, Endianness : Big
    Codec ID : 6
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 192 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L R
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Delay relative to video : -1 s 156 ms
    Stream size : 173 MiB (2%)
    Language : English
    Service kind : Complete Main

Audio #2
    ID : 5402 (0x151A)
    Format : MPEG Audio
    Format version : Version 1
    Format profile : Layer 2
    Codec ID : 3
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 256 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Delay relative to video : -1 s 96 ms
    Stream size : 231 MiB (3%)
    Language : nar

Text
    ID : 5404 (0x151C)
    Format : DVB Subtitle
    Codec ID : 6
    Delay relative to video : 5 s 648 ms

Other
    ID : 5403 (0x151B)-888
    Format : Teletext

Menu
    ID : 260 (0x104)
    List : 5400 (0x1518) (AVC) / 5402

| Tue 26 Mar 2019 11:36:36 #15 |
  6. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

evanp - 3 hours ago  » 

Please re-read the forum rules , in particular about respecting other members.

Graham is absolutely correct in that your connection is from your iPhone and from your Humax to the TV. There is no signal from the TV to the Humax via the iPhone or any other source. The Humax can only deal with input on the F-connectors, Not over HDMI

| Tue 26 Mar 2019 14:28:56 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Obviously you do not respect your customers, you are calling us rubbish and then if we use this word you are recalling the rules of the forum.

In addition you change the truth of my opinion which a public opinion and is something that is used by millionb of not billions of people around the world.

I came to this forum though because I have my second Humax device that is broke. I have not been able to raise my question because of the incorrect answers that you provide to a question.

I do not have an interest to post my question and now I understand why my Humax device has broke after one year of use. For your information based on the amazing help you provided I have decided to discard Humax from my properties and fire you as a company.

No answer is needed. For your benefit you might want to escalate this to the manager so he can schedule your retraining.

Any further answer is considered a break to GDPR.

NOTICE:
    REMOVE ME FROM YOUR CONTACT LIST AS WELL AS ANY TRAIL OF EMAIL.

| Wed 27 Mar 2019 8:18:08 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

evanp - 39 minutes ago  » 
    Obviously you do not respect your customers....

There are no Humax staff on this forum, we are all customers, even the moderators.

Other customers, like Graham, do their level best, in their own time, to respond to questions with accurate answers based upon their own, often extensive, experience of kit they have used.

| Wed 27 Mar 2019 8:59:33 #18 |
  9. Trev

Trev

special member

Not only that, your 'opinion' is just that, your opinion. But in this case it is just plain wrong, as is a lot of the 'wisdom of the web'

| Wed 27 Mar 2019 9:23:23 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

evanp - 2 hours ago  » 
    Obviously you do not respect your customers, you are calling us rubbish and then if we use this word you are recalling the rules of the forum.
    In addition you change the truth of my opinion which a public opinion and is something that is used by millionb of not billions of people around the world.
    I came to this forum though because I have my second Humax device that is broke. I have not been able to raise my question because of the incorrect answers that you provide to a question.
    I do not have an interest to post my question and now I understand why my Humax device has broke after one year of use. For your information based on the amazing help you provided I have decided to discard Humax from my properties and fire you as a company.
    No answer is needed. For your benefit you might want to escalate this to the manager so he can schedule your retraining.
    Any further answer is considered a break to GDPR.
    NOTICE:
    REMOVE ME FROM YOUR CONTACT LIST AS WELL AS ANY TRAIL OF EMAIL.

Your Humax most likely just needed a new hard drive.

Frankly with an attitude like yours I doubt you have the ability to even carry out this simple repair.

I am a chartered Engineer who worked for National Grid as part of a small team of planning engineers for over 40 yrs helping to keep the lights on.

Your posts frankly display an amazing lack of any sort of technical knowledge or understanding.

Try removing the power from your Humax while you are streaming from the phone to it. It will not make any difference at all, except of course it will no longer function as a satellite receiver.

| Wed 27 Mar 2019 10:49:41 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.