My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Can I watch on another TV?

(22 posts)
  1. tuttioi

tuttioi

Can I watch recorded programs on Aura on another TV??

When I had my Humax FVP 4000, I had a 3 lead from the audio video that went to a Mercury FR modulator. This then went to kitchen to enable her in doors, to watch the recorded programs.
    As there are no audio video outputs on Aura, is there a way of doing it with the connections I have?
    If so, how and what would I need?

Thanks in advance

| Sun 31 Jan 2021 16:48:04 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

tuttioi - 1 min ago  » 
    When I had my Humax FVP 4000, I had a 3 lead from the audio video that went to a Mercury FR modulator. This then went to kitchen to enable her in doors, to watch the recorded programs.
    As there are no audio video outputs on Aura, is there a way of doing it with the connections I have?

Thanks in advance

What resolution is the Kitchen TV and the lounge TV ?

| Sun 31 Jan 2021 16:52:05 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 9 secs ago  » 

tuttioi - 1 min ago  » 
    Thanks in advance

Does the Kitchen TV have a Freeview-HD tuner ?

The answer to the above changes what you can do and the cost.

| Sun 31 Jan 2021 16:53:22 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 9 secs ago  » 

tuttioi - 1 min ago  » 
    Thanks in advance

Does the Kitchen TV have a Freeview-HD tuner ?
    The answer to the above changes what you can do and the cost.

If you don't know the answers post the make and model of the two TV's

We may be able to find the specs online.

| Sun 31 Jan 2021 19:09:29 #4 |
  5. tuttioi

tuttioi

Hi Graham, bit of a novice when it comes to these questions.
    Kitchen has Freeview but not sure if HD - Samsung UE22H5000AKXXU
    And lounge is Samsung is QE43Q60RATXXU

Hope this helps

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 22:18:08 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

tuttioi - 13 mins ago  » 
    Hi Graham, bit of a novice when it comes to these questions.
    Kitchen has Freeview but not sure if HD - Samsung UE22H5000AKXXU
    And lounge is Samsung is QE43Q60RATXXU
    Hope this helps

Looks like both TV's are 4K 2160p models.

You need a flat cat 7 network cable long enough to reach from the aura box to the kitchen TV

5M

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ethernet-Network-10Gbps-Patchcable-Router/dp/B018GRSR7Q/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=Y2U1L83M7JWI&tag=blusas008-21&dchild=1&keywords=flat+cat+7+ethernet+cable&qid=1612215602&sprefix=flat+cat+7+%2Caps%2C203&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExRE0wTjlLVUpYWjE4JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDE0MTc3T0cwU0xMNEMzNjZFJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA4OTk3ODEyUjc4TjhaNTQyS1c0JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

10m

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mr-Tronic-Ethernet-Network-Colour-Grey/dp/B079Y8VLXB/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=Y2U1L83M7JWI&tag=blusas008-21&dchild=1&keywords=flat+cat+7+ethernet+cable&qid=1612215602&sprefix=flat+cat+7+%2Caps%2C203&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExRE0wTjlLVUpYWjE4JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDE0MTc3T0cwU0xMNEMzNjZFJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA2NDk0ODYyTkFMN1cwSURSUlg0JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Then a pair of HD baluns with Infra red return and HDMI loop through.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extender-Neoteck-Repeater-Splitter-Satellite-Black/dp/B071S7VQWX/ref=sr_1_13?dchild=1&tag=blusas008-21&keywords=single+cat7+hdmi+extender+with+loop+out+and+iR+return&qid=1612215899&sr=8-13

One balun is the transmitter. You connect the aura HDMI out to the transmitter hdmi in and the HDMI out to the lounge TV. At the kitchen end you connect the receiver out to the Kitchen TV HDMI in.

Connect the kitchen IR transmitter to the receiver. And the other IR receiver to the transmitter and close to the aura IR front window. That means you can use the aura remote in the kitchen to control the box remotely.

Both devices need mains power.

You need to make some changes to the Aura settings. Change the HDMI out to 1080p. Change the Audio out to stereo.

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 22:53:55 #6 |
  7. tuttioi

tuttioi

Thanks for your help & the links I'll let u know how I get on

| Tue 2 Feb 2021 17:19:53 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

ranfurlyray

Hi
    You might like to try this Antiference HDMI extender. It works with 4k and only needs power at the source end. Powers the other unit over the Cat 7 cable.
    I have this installed with a 20m cat 7 cable and it works great. Very easy to setup if you can run the cable. A flat cable can be run under carpet if required.

| Wed 17 Feb 2021 17:51:32 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

ranfurlyray

Hi
    You might like to try this Antiference HDMI extender. It works with 4k and only needs power at the source end. Powers the other unit over the Cat 7 cable.
    I have this installed with a 20m cat 7 cable and it works great. Very easy to setup if you can run the cable. A flat cable can be run under carpet if required.

| Wed 17 Feb 2021 17:54:31 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

ranfurlyray

Sorry forgot to add the link
    https://antiference.co.uk/product/hdmie50v2-50m-4k-cat6-extender-hdmi-loop-ir/

| Wed 17 Feb 2021 17:56:21 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.