My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Can not get into Secret Menu

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

davevavra

Hi, I have just bought a new Foxsat HDR and I cant record 2 time recordings at the same time as it says there is a conflict of times. I've checked the LNB connections at the back and they are in the correct place. I read the forum and it said one of the problems could be that it is set up for a single cable only. I have tried going into the Secret Menu to check but when I get to the stage,highlight Freesat Tune then press red green yellow blue green yellow blue the not allowed sign comes up on every colour and cant get any further. I have tried it loads of times and keep getting the same problem,I must be doing something wrong but for the life of me I can't see what. I would really appreciate it if anybody could tell me what I am doing wrong. Ive also tried a Factory Reset but still get the same problem, thanks.

| Thu 6 Dec 2012 13:23:23 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Just to be clear, you do not enter the Freesat Tune menu just have it highlighted.

Then slowly (ignoring the screen) press RGYBGYB.

You should then have access to 2 menu items:

Antenna Setting - highlight and press OK to see current settings.
    Manual Tune.

A factory reset should have fixed the problem if the 2 x LNB connections are definitely OK and in the right place - outer 2 inputs ignoring middle one

| Thu 6 Dec 2012 13:54:42 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

davevavra

Thanks Barry for your quick reply, Yes I was just highlighting it but still not getting into the Menus

As for the 2 timer programmes,when it says there is a conflict of time, the programme it wont record on I can do an instant record and it will work recording the 2 programmes that I wanted

ie BBC HD and ITV4 so does that mean it is set up for 2 cable (same)

| Thu 6 Dec 2012 15:55:13 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Can you remember which two recordings this was, or is it all recordings ? Under some rare circumstances the box finds two recordings at the same time, a few times for instance BBC2 Scotland has been showing a different episode to BBC2 England. Because the two share the same series crid attempting to record one allocates both tuners. An instant recording might work because an identified clash may be later in the series but within the epg.

Foolproof test for 2 cables.

Tune to BBC-HD start an instant recording, tune to BBC1-HD start a second (this ties up one tuner). Now tune to ITV1-HD and press pause after about 40 seconds, if this works tuner 2 is fully working creating a time shift buffer file.

| Thu 6 Dec 2012 16:52:52 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

davevavra

The 2 timer recordings that I get conflict of times are on any channel that I try to record.

The foolproof test for 2 cables worked as you told me, but still the same problem. If I could only get into the Secret Menu to see if I am on the correct setting, wish I knew what I am doing wrong.

| Fri 7 Dec 2012 18:33:27 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Make sure you are not recording at the time - I think it could be one of the options that is not available then.

| Fri 7 Dec 2012 18:57:52 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.