My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Cannot Play 4OD

(14 posts)
  1. VFRRider

Chris Marsh

We have been having problems with our Humax 1010S for a while now inasmuch as we cannot play 4OD; we can play all of the other On-Demand channels with no problems whatsoever.

Whenever we select 4OD everything starts off OK we get the menu pages just fine and we can browse and select a program to watch.

Having selected a program, it loads and plays a couple of adverts again no problem, after the ad's the screen goes black for about 20 seconds then it plays the sponsors ad, having played the Sponsors intro the screen goes black again for up to a minute, then eventually we get a screen with big blotches of colour (Sponsors Intro) and no sound and that's where it stays? See Photo below

Attachments

1. IMG_1692.JPG (87.7 KB, 2 downloads) 8 years old
    | Thu 4 Feb 2016 22:58:51 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

VFRRider - 2 hours ago  » 
    We have been having problems with our Humax 1010S for a while now inasmuch as we cannot play 4OD; we can play all of the other On-Demand channels with no problems whatsoever.

What program(s) are you trying to play?

| Fri 5 Feb 2016 1:24:35 #2 |
  3. VFRRider

Chris Marsh

This affecting the whole of 4OD, it doesn't matter which program we select. I forgot to mention we get the same issue with the Roll Back Feature too; so it appears to be affecting all the Channel 4 suite of channels!

The other thing I found last night is that if I leave it running in that 'Block Mode' it runs the whole program and returns to the normal selection menu.

| Fri 5 Feb 2016 8:12:47 #3 |
  4. VFRRider

Chris Marsh

Out of interest the Humax was connected via Wi-Fi to my BT Home Hub, so I have just tried a direct connect with a 15m Ethernet cable, but the results are the same.

| Fri 5 Feb 2016 10:30:14 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chautara

I'm afraid that this is an issue that has been reported on this forum before and seems to be a problem with the Freest/C4 servers that hold the content specifically for the Freetime platform. Other methods of watching C4's on demand content such as Smart TV apps, website etc work fine.

Here's the link to the previous topic on this forum https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/all4-blocking-fault

| Fri 5 Feb 2016 10:51:34 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

VFRRider - 28 minutes ago  » 
    Out of interest the Humax was connected via Wi-Fi to my BT Home Hub, so I have just tried a direct connect with a 15m Ethernet cable, but the results are the same.

Might be worth checking the BT Home Hub settings, especially any "Smart" settings, then reset the Home Hub and then power cycle the Humax.

| Fri 5 Feb 2016 11:02:33 #6 |
  7. VFRRider

Chris Marsh

Chautara - 21 minutes ago  » 
    I'm afraid that this is an issue that has been reported on this forum before and seems to be a problem with the Freest/C4 servers that hold the content specifically for the Freetime platform. Other methods of watching C4's on demand content such as Smart TV apps, website etc work fine.
    Here's the link to the previous topic on this forum https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/all4-blocking-fault

Thank you, well I guess there isn't going to be a quick fix then.

I have e-mailed both FreeSat and C4, but I'm not holding my breath....

| Fri 5 Feb 2016 11:14:53 #7 |
  8. VFRRider

Chris Marsh

JamesB - 12 minutes ago  » 

VFRRider - 28 minutes ago  » 

Might be worth checking the BT Home Hub settings, especially any "Smart" settings, then reset the Home Hub and then power cycle the Humax.

I have had a look at the routers settings but I can't see anything unusual there! thanks for the thought.

| Fri 5 Feb 2016 11:16:43 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Chautara - 48 minutes ago  » 

All4 is also working smoothly on my HB1000S. I've suggested before, and still am inclined to suspect, that the problem may be connected with C4's ambitious targeted-ad-insertion experiments. Timing is apparently very tight.

| Fri 5 Feb 2016 11:53:50 #9 |
  10. VFRRider

Chris Marsh

JamesB - 18 minutes ago  » 
    All4 is also working smoothly on my HB1000S. I've suggested before, and still am inclined to suspect, that the problem may be connected with C4's ambitious targeted-ad-insertion experiments. Timing is apparently very tight.

Ha Ha well at least they are making sure I get the Ad's that I don't want!

| Fri 5 Feb 2016 12:14:16 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.